The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
raven MTi2 + HUI controller
Old 3rd November 2017
Lives for gear

raven MTi2 + HUI controller

So, I'm being a little lazy,
With PTHD or Native, has anybody got a Raven MTI2 working in parallel with another HUI protocol controller.

It's fine if they mirror each other just wanted to hear of any experiences before I waste any time on it myself.
Old 10th November 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
So, I'm being a little lazy,
With PTHD or Native, has anybody got a Raven MTI2 working in parallel with another HUI protocol controller.

It's fine if they mirror each other just wanted to hear of any experiences before I waste any time on it myself.

RAVEN will only work with EUCON Controllers. Artist Mix/S3/S6.

Two HUI controllers will not work together, however you could still use Touch and the Batch Commands of RAVEN, and do the faders on your other controller.
Old 9th May 2018
Gear Head

Sorry, old thread; but my question is: what would happen if I connected both HUI devices at the same time in Pro Tools?
i.e. Raven MTI2 and SSL Nucleus?

Would neither of them work / would one steal focus?

Thanks!
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool711 View Post
Sorry, old thread; but my question is: what would happen if I connected both HUI devices at the same time in Pro Tools?
i.e. Raven MTI2 and SSL Nucleus?

Would neither of them work / would one steal focus?

Thanks!
It won't work in Pro Tools. You will be missing faders on which ever one you set to the other controller. You can use EUCON and HUI at the same time though.
Old 10th May 2018
Gear Head

This would be fine with me.

The idea would be to have the first 16 faders locked to the nucleus (would control delta plugins for Sigma) and use the Raven for all the other tracks.

Would this be how it would work? And would transport function on both or only one? (And which?)

Thanks again!
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool711 View Post

The idea would be to have the first 16 faders locked to the nucleus (would control delta plugins for Sigma) and use the Raven for all the other tracks.

Would this be how it would work?
That wouldn't work, RAVEN only support 24 tracks. There is no option to run RAVEN in 8 fader mode.
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear

Matrix and Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyZ View Post
It won't work in Pro Tools. You will be missing faders on which ever one you set to the other controller. You can use EUCON and HUI at the same time though.
Hi I am considering something similar. I want to use a SSL Matrix 2 as my primary board for all fader control but use the Raven as a touch screen for plug in control. Would that work?
Thanks!
Old 13th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin_nyc View Post
Hi I am considering something similar. I want to use a SSL Matrix 2 as my primary board for all fader control but use the Raven as a touch screen for plug in control. Would that work?
Thanks!
Yes, that would work. You just wouldn't have faders or transport on the RAVEN, however Batch Commands and Gestures will all still function.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search