The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Can someone please pm me a link to Pro Tools 12.4
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Can someone please pm me a link to Pro Tools 12.4

My current 12.7 version is ruining my life with constant 9173 errors. AVID doesn't provide links to their earlier versions. 12.4 was stable.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Went through this journey just the other day.

After hours of searching and only finding info to raise a support case, I found an Avid link to 12.5 which was dead and simply replaced the 5 with a 4 in the url and it worked, installed and working.

Just pm'ed you.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Thank you!!! May good fortune follow you throughout your days...
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Head

Went through this before. After hours of searching around Avid.com and the internet here is was I did.

Message Avid through there support portal. Explain to them that 12.7 is unusable and 12.4 was working perfect. They'll send the old downloaders through what they call "Avid Transfer", which is basically a fast and secure download link sent to your email. You'll need an avid.com account to access their support portal. (When I messaged Avid through the support portal I did not have any active subscriptions or support plans, and thought they might charge a fee to help...Avid actually helped me get the old versions for free).

Overall, it was a surprisingly positive and painless experience with Avid.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionface View Post
Went through this before. After hours of searching around Avid.com and the internet here is was I did.

Message Avid through there support portal. Explain to them that 12.7 is unusable and 12.4 was working perfect. They'll send the old downloaders through what they call "Avid Transfer", which is basically a fast and secure download link sent to your email. You'll need an avid.com account to access their support portal. (When I messaged Avid through the support portal I did not have any active subscriptions or support plans, and thought they might charge a fee to help...Avid actually helped me get the old versions for free).

Overall, it was a surprisingly positive and painless experience with Avid.
The proper channels are usually the best bet, but I needed this for my morning session. The good ole boy network has saved me much embarrassment.

I've already rolled back to 12.4 and my clients session is running flawlessly. Whereas before I couldn't play it for 5 seconds without a 9173.

I'm a bit disgusted with AVID at the moment.

Thanks again @ peat . You saved the day!
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Awesome, glad to have helped out!

Let me know how you go, I'm on 12.7 at the moment but thinking about going back to 12.4 (I was after the installer for a friends system)
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peat View Post
Awesome, glad to have helped out!

Let me know how you go, I'm on 12.7 at the moment but thinking about going back to 12.4 (I was after the installer for a friends system)
There's a huge thread on the DUC about 9173. It seems to be caused by several different issues. Mine was caused by 2 things. An external monitor connected to my laptop AND running large mix sessions. Smaller sessions with the monitor were fine. Complex sessions without the monitor were fine.

Rolled back to 12.4 and everything is now smooth as silk.

I won't be doing any more Pro Tools updates until the word on the street is that 9173 has been eradicated. I'll be putting the 12.4 install in a very safe place.

Last edited by d.dot; 13th March 2017 at 09:10 AM..
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear
Dunno what it is with Avid but ever since PT11 roll out (may have been 10) they have been behaving like they are the Apple corp. Even the presentation for PT11 was done exactly like an Apple presentation. Avid did not do this prior to that and as soon as Apple stopped access to previous OS then Avid stops access to their previous versions. Maybe they just look to Apple as their pear...sorry peer.
Old 18th December 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peat View Post
Went through this journey just the other day.

After hours of searching and only finding info to raise a support case, I found an Avid link to 12.5 which was dead and simply replaced the 5 with a 4 in the url and it worked, installed and working.

Just pm'ed you.

Hey there! Would you kindly send me the link? I already started a case on Avid, but it's taking a little too long for them to reply me. Thank you in advance!
Old 18th December 2018
IMNSHOa smart move is to keep the installers for older versions of everything for at least several generations... you never know...
Old 18th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulohsg View Post
Hey there! Would you kindly send me the link? I already started a case on Avid, but it's taking a little too long for them to reply me. Thank you in advance!
I've got them. PM your email.
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Can I please get that link as well ?
I can't find a link anywhere online or on the Avid site for Pro Tools 12.
TIA
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfosgreen View Post
TIA
Mac or PC ???
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfosgreen View Post
TIA
PM me.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Maniac

And me! (I'm on macOS, fwiw).
PT 12.10 and 12.12 are throwing constant ****73 errors for me as well.
TIA!
Old 7th July 2019
Here for the gear

Does anyone here still have a link to the 12.4 installer handy that they could PM me? Avid sent me a link at 4am that expired in an hour, needless to say I slept through it.
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbwatu View Post
Does anyone here still have a link to the 12.4 installer handy that they could PM me? Avid sent me a link at 4am that expired in an hour, needless to say I slept through it.
PM me and let me know if it's Mac or PC you need.
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbwatu View Post
i think i have them as well.

ej
Old 8th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
i think i have them as well.

ej
Got it, thanks! Love this board.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search