The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
routing spotify to pro tools
Old 16th June 2016
Gear Head

routing spotify to pro tools

is there a way to route my spotify on my mac to pro tools?
i want to sample some music from spotfy direct to pro tools, hopefully saving time for me to dump the sample into omnishphere 2. is there a quicker way?
Old 21st June 2016
Gear Guru

outside PT - audio hijack pro ...

inside PT - soundflower will probably give PT access to Mac output .. but i do not like changing my sound card ... and i do not like the Aggregate .. but you might have to use both to get that to work ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedtoBEHS View Post
is there a way to route my spotify on my mac to pro tools?
i want to sample some music from spotfy direct to pro tools, hopefully saving time for me to dump the sample into omnishphere 2. is there a quicker way?
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

Get rogue amoeba LOOPBACK. A simple but beautiful little stable software that allows you to interconnect all your audio streams on a single machine. You can even create one device to stream up to 32channels between daws.
Old 23rd June 2016
Lives for gear

My RME interface allows me to loopback and record. Click loopback, and then record into pro tools with the track muted. Happy days. Steinberg UR824 has it too.
Old 23rd June 2016
Gear Guru

Or, depending on your interface, grab an optical out of the computer to an optical in on the interface (S/PDIF).
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambosun View Post
Get rogue amoeba LOOPBACK. A simple but beautiful little stable software that allows you to interconnect all your audio streams on a single machine. You can even create one device to stream up to 32channels between daws.
Does this mean I could route many different instruments individually from Logic X to Ableton, and have them on separate tracks in Live?

I've used Soundflower and it seems you can only route the output of Logic X as opposed to individual tracks... cheers!
Old 12th July 2016
Gear Head

Hi

Soundflower will do what you want - best to create an aggregate with your interface and SF64 then launch both ableton and logic with the agg as your device on both. Logic will then have to have multible outputs set up as you need to send to ableton - not as easy as in PT. Some OS's got confused over which order the aggregate is set to but its easy enough to test - a stereo audio output means you'll have 66 outs in total for the agg.

It may work with Logic just outputting SF64 but ableton will have to be the aggregate I think. Clocking is an issue to be aware of and both apps should have the same clock and audio settings. With PT I always make sure the buffer size is the same as well but never known if that causes an issue

Loopback is cleverer but Ive not got round to testing it yet and im still running osx 10.95

mick
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Head

Has anyone found a away to use Loopback so that you can use OSX BT in-ears at the same time as Apollo?
So far, every method I've tried kills my HW insert or causes nasty distortion in the IEs.
PT aggregate w/UA, Loop & BT - no HW insert
Multi-Out w/UA, Loop & BT - no HW insert
Loopback - no HW insert
Tried to add PT, or UA and/or BT to the Loopback. Nada.
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropical View Post
Has anyone found a away to use Loopback so that you can use OSX BT in-ears at the same time as Apollo?
So far, every method I've tried kills my HW insert or causes nasty distortion in the IEs.
PT aggregate w/UA, Loop & BT - no HW insert
Multi-Out w/UA, Loop & BT - no HW insert
Loopback - no HW insert
Tried to add PT, or UA and/or BT to the Loopback. Nada.
Will there not be horrible latency from encoding the audio for Bluetooth in any case ?
Old 27th June 2019
Gear Head

there would most probably be latency, but I'm just using the BT IEs toc check mixes on what many people listen to these days.
Old 30th June 2019
Since PT won't let CoreAudio use any Avid Interface when active, best way is to route iTunes/Spoitfy/whatever to the Macs digital optical out and plug it into the Avid interface. I think many studios do it that way.
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Nut
Hmm, I see not really a thing to listen Spotify side by side. The limiter Spotify used is not suitable for comparison.
Compare it with the dynamic of Beatport.
The bast way is to buy a high quality version of a referenz track.
Use a good Luft meter and master your track how you like.

;-)
Old 29th July 2019
Here for the gear

Voicemeter Banana

Check it out. There might be the possibility you can achieve the things you want with this free tool.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm
Old 29th July 2019
Gear Head

thanks. I dl'd VoiceMeeter and will check it out.
Old 4th August 2019
Lives for gear

use an optical ( or something else ) out from your machine/interface if have it that is the easiest without having to fiddle around - if not use audio hijack and import.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search