The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Euphonix MC - PT compatibility
Old 30th December 2015
Gear Head

Euphonix MC - PT compatibility

Hi there, quick questions...
- can anyone confirm me if the old silver Euphonix MC Mix units are flawlessly compatible with the newest versions of Pro Tools and whether they are just as featured as the newest "black face" (Avid branded) Artist Mix?

- Also, should one notice any difference/trouble going from a black face to an older silver face and vice-versa?

- lastly, can black and silvers be arranged together? (Like an MC Mix + Artist Control - or just MC Mix + Artist Mix)

Any input, of any kind, would be appreciated!!

thanks
Old 30th December 2015
Gear Nut

AFAIK, the silver Euphonix MC Mix hardware is exactly the same as the new black Avid Artist Mix. With the MC Control there was a V1 and V2 but I don't think there was any updates to the hardware on the Mix.

I don't believe there's any issue combining Euphonix silver units and Avid Artist units but you'll probably have to make sure they have the latest (or at least the same) firmware on all of them.

I'm using 2 x Euphonix MC Mix with Pro Tools 10/11. The firmware has been updated and they both say "Avid" on the scribble strips when they boot up.
Old 31st December 2015
Colliderman is correct. Adding to what he said the changes from V1 to V2 on the old Euphonix units were basically cosmetic and mechanical, like a better scroll wheel (it's black on MC Control v2), slightly less crappier LCR (still crap anyway) and a slightly different tone of black paint.

BTW, I have a 1st generation MC Control V1 running with PT 12.4 in front of me right now.

Cheers
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Head

thank you very much
That's what I wanted to know... I saw the new driver/firmware installers say "Avid artist mix" no Euphonix explicit compatibility...that makes you wonder on the software side either. But now it is clear! thanks, and wish you a nice 2016!!!
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Maniac

Running two mc Mix (really old ones) flawless in pro tools 12 HD.
Old 30th June 2016
Here for the gear

Mc PRO

Hi,

Have a Euphonix MC PRO, does anyone know if its compatible with PRO Tools 12?
Old 11th July 2016
Here for the gear

Hey everyone , I have the original silver MC Control / Mix haven't used them in years , wanted to update them to use with PT12...Can anyone help ?
Old 11th July 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBat View Post
Hey everyone , I have the original silver MC Control / Mix haven't used them in years , wanted to update them to use with PT12...Can anyone help ?
The Units still say EUPHONIX when booted.
Old 12th July 2016
Led
Lives for gear

You need to update the firmware. Download latest Eucon and install. Then run Eucontrol, in the Surfaces tab you click on each
one in the my surfaces window on the right and then click the update firmware box below the window
Old 15th July 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by led View Post
you need to update the firmware. Download latest eucon and install. Then run eucontrol, in the surfaces tab you click on each
one in the my surfaces window on the right and then click the update firmware box below the window

all updated !!!thanks
Old 14th August 2017
Here for the gear
Hello, I do have similar issues on PC WIN 7 / 64 bit , PT 10. SInce I did an update of latest driver and firmware, MC mix stop responding.
Any hints or I shall go back with an older driver 2.6.2 ?
Thanks.
Old 8th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padje View Post
Running two mc Mix (really old ones) flawless in pro tools 12 HD.
Hi,

I have a MC Control working on Windows only with 2.7.0 version but pro tools 12 requires at least 3.2.0.
When i update it stops working. Can you help me please?
Old 14th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninphilius View Post
Hi,

I have a MC Control working on Windows only with 2.7.0 version but pro tools 12 requires at least 3.2.0.
When i update it stops working. Can you help me please?
Have you updated both firmware and EuControl?
Old 16th October 2019
Here for the gear
Hi,

I updated firmware and driver. No need now because I will remain working with PT 10.
Thanks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search