The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Avalon M5 Pure Class A microphone preamplifier is the most musical, low noise full function preamplifier available today. Designed to optimize absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the M5 combines an advanced transformer input stage with twin high performance Class A cascode FET and bipolar discrete amplifiers for sonic excellence unequaled by lesser designs. The M5 is ideal for vocal and acoustic instruments, active DI input for the direct recording of bass, guitars and keyboards. Features include state-of-the-art, balanced 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers, practical user features and rugged hardware designed to deliver true high performance audio for many years.

Discussions

Impressions of Gearslutz from a newbie

...the Dynaudio M3's. And you really need a sub for those. 5. Avalon 737 is trash. 6. Avalon 747 is trash. 7. The Avalon M5 is OK "for bass." 8. The only mics that can be used for classical guitar are the $2500 Schoeps or some equally priced Sennheiser. Otherwise, nothing in your mic cabinet will work. 9. Teams...

View Post

whats the best bad ass no joke mic pre i can get?

thanks a lot i want to get the Avalon 737 but it cost a lot can i get the Avalon M5 Mono Pure Class A Microphone Preamp & still be fine or is the extra $555 worth it i just want clear pro warm sounding vocals i know the Avalon 737 has a compresser...

View Post

baby face pro question

In this case, I wouldn't probably recommend to use BF Pro as a monitor controller, because that would be unnecessary double A/D and D/A conversion. It's true, you could also feed BF Pro digitally (via another AES/Toslink converter like Hosa ODL312 from Lynx). In that case, you won't be using Lynx E44 D/A converters, however I'm...

View Post