The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Description

AUSTIN Ribbon Microphone Kits are the standard for Do-It-Yourself Microphone Kits. With an Austin Ribbon Microphone Kit, you get all the parts to build a world-class USA ribbon microphone in one package. Follow simple, step-by-step, fully-illustrated instructions & video tutorials to assemble the wire-mesh grille and ribbon motor into the powder-coated Brass chassis, and solder the connector & transformer to build yourself a professional Ribbon Microphone.

Discussions

Austin DIY Ribbon mic kit

...into nice pres, and I'd like to get some nice mics that are within my budget for this year. Rickshaw Records Austin DIY Ribbon Microphone I'm DIY friendly, so I'm only worried about the quality of these. Anyone have first hand experience?

View Post

DIY Ribbon Microphone

Just some quick clarification info about this thread, direct from me, Rick at Austin Ribbon Mics... I do have a professional voiceover sample... I just haven't put it up on my website. Please contact me thru my website if you'd like me to send it to you. (www.DiyRibbonMic.com) The $10 plans download also includes video tutorials...

View Post

Cascade X-15 noisy compared to other ribbons?

I re- ribboned my Fathead and my Gomez with lundahl trannies with some very thin aluminum I got from Austin ribbon mics (less than 1 micron not easy) and they both have lots more gain and highs. Total transformation into very good sounding mics! The old ribbons were much thicker and sagging.

View Post