The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

sm58 blows it all away

...engineers are showing up with bucket loads of audix mics...No slight on audix as they make some useful products... An audix OM5 or whatever OM of the day is, it sounds like arse, almost like there's a lil' gerbial that controls the O/P with the effect of a TREMELO, seriously...The mic has a natzi style...

View Post

Next step up for vocal mics - Telefunken M80, AKG D7, Senn E935/E945 or condenser?

...although the latter seems to be the dynamic of choice when money (and size) is no object. I tried the Audix OM5 and I found it to be a bit overly-present and shouty, with no bass even when eating the mic, although the treble is buttery-smooth (better than most dynamics I've found). Would work wonders in...

View Post

Mic recommendation for alto vocal in a rock band ?

...I expect the 967, 76, ad 96 will fare as well. They also do well on male vocals, but my OM5's are better for aggressive male vocals, and Sennheisers I find really exaggerate male aggression, but make female vocals sound like nagging mother-in-laws. The 767's also reject bleed/feedback better than my OM5's. The superpower of...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Dynamic vocal microphone