The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

What's in YOUR mic locker???

Shure SM57 Shure SM7B Shure KSM32 Audix i5 Audix D6 x2 Sennheiser MD421II Sennheiser MD402 Sennheiser e904 x2 Rode NT1A A.I.R. Stinger x2 Beyerdynamic M201TG x2 t.bone RB500 t.bone cd55 x4 :lol:

View Post

How to take home-recording to the next level? (pro quality)

...studio and use their preamps Q- which is better for snare - the SM 57 or the Audix i5? A- go to a pro studio and let them choose the mics Q- what is causing this buzz in my speakers? A- go to a pro studio - their speakers don't buzz But every now and then (depending on...

View Post

Telefunken M81? Advice needed!

Congrats on the mic, there is no application I think the SM57 sounds better on over the M81. If you ever want to get another type of dynamic mic, look at the Audix I5. Both are better than the SM57 in my book.

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

Designed with a cardioid pickup pattern for isolation and feedback control, the i5 is equipped with a VLM™ diaphragm for natural, accurate sound reproduction. The i5 is used for stage, studio and broadcast applications and is able to handle SPLs in excess of 140 dB without distortion. The i5 can be used to mic a wide variety of musical instruments, guitars and bass cabinets as well as vocals and speech. The i5 is sturdy, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 50 Hz - 16 kHz, the i5 provides clear sound reproduction without having to rely on EQ. Designed, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA.