The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Clocking problems
Old 27th October 2018
Clocking problems

Doing some cassette transfers. My chain is Tascam 122 MKII cassette deck into a Benchmark ADC-1 A to D converter then into a Z-Systems 8 by 8 digital router and into my RME audio card on my Windows 7 Pro computer. I am using WL 9.35.5 for my DAW. I am clocking off the Benchmark ADC-1. Everything has been going smoothly until yesterday when a problem occurred. The client wants all the material at 96KHz 24 bits. Yesterday the clock on Wavelab started counting very slowly and even though the RME card app said we were at 96 kHz we recorded the material at half the speed so when played back it was twice as fast, Turned off the computer and turned it back on. No change. Checked all my settings. Turned off the Benchmark, no change. Turned off the Z-System router and no change. Waited about a minute and everything was back to normal. I am stumped. Any thoughts or suggestions? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2018
Gear Nut

I had this happen back a few years back while recording my own band in Reaper using a modified Echo interface and Win XP. I didn't catch until after forcing myself and the other guitar player to track at a pretty fast tempo The release is still floating around with 1 track sounding a step and a half lower tuned than the rest I believe it ended up being a driver issue.

I ultimately wound up changing to an RME PCI card to resolve as Echo was not providing any new updates. Full disclosure, when making the switch to the RME card i also upgraded RAM and OS to Win 7 so i'm not 100% sure just a driver update will fix.
Old 2nd November 2018
The good news is...I purchased the word clock board for my RME card. We are now clocking the Benchmark off the RME and everything seems stable. Problem solved.
Old 2nd November 2018
Gear Nut

That is good news. Glad you got it figured out. I use the rme clock as well and everything has been stable since.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search