The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Izotope RX6 Standard for Vinyl clean up DAW Software
Old 19th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Izotope RX6 Standard for Vinyl clean up

I've taken on a project of trying to create digital masters from vinyl copies of a project (the original pre-master DATs have been lost). Having transferred the recordings via a decent cartridge I'm cringing at the quality of the pressing - it has been cut poorly and there's a lot of surface noise, although pops and scratches are thankfully rare. As I can't afford to even think about Cedar plug-ins (and don't have Pro Tools anymore) - can anyone recommend (or not) RX6 for doing this job as it's on offer just now. I wasn't impressed with the Sony Oxford restoration plug-ins when I had them years ago, and was just wondering whether the Izotope suite is better. Cheers.
Old 25th April 2018
Gear Head

I can recommend RX6, but some tools like deconstruct, central extractor and azimuth correction, can save the day, but they not included in standard only advanced version. Deconstruct is great for situation with clipped noise artifacts, central extractor, can cancel side noise information very quickly without harm signal, and azimuth is need if your cartridge is not aligned properly

You can also try with Acon Restoration Suite Restoration Suite | Noise Reduction Plug-ins they are cheap but very usefull plugins... For most cases Acon Denoiser > RX6 Spectral or Dialouge Denoiser..

For vinyl digitalisation, most of the time is better to work as mid/side, witch RX6 have ability to switch between L/R and M/S.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search