The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RCM or Record Cleaning Machines
Old 19th March 2018
Mastering Moderator

RCM or Record Cleaning Machines

Useful, not useful?
Conventional ones from VPI to Loricraft, cheaper alternatives like Okki, Nitty Gritty, Moth, Pro-Ject.
Ultrasonic ones?

Whic one do you use or like best? (including Shellcs please!)
Old 19th March 2018
Deleted e999d8e
Many people find record-cleaning machines useful; I'm neither here nor there about them, except in the case of shellac records.

Shellac records are so fragile that I prefer to clean them by hand on a cloth-covered table. Remember not to use an alcohol solution on shellac records; shellac dissolves in alcohol.

BTW, Nitty Gritty is no longer in business. I gather a lot of people were VERY disappointed when they discovered this.
Old 27th March 2018
Been using this for the past two years Amazon.com: Record Doctor V - Record Cleaning Machine: Home Audio & Theater Manual with vacuum. Seems to work well for the task intended. A little over the top is this one Amazon.com: Audio Desk Systeme Premium Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner PRO: Electronics and one of my good friends who owns 10,000 LPs uses this one Keith Monks – KMAL – Record Cleaning Machine – RCM – RecordCleaning – Vinyl LP and he is very happy with it. Another over the top is this one Klaudio - KD-CLN-LP200 Ultrasonic Record Cleaning Machine and if you have the $5,000 to spend on one you are probably NASA or a really dedicated record connoisseur.

As with most things it is up to the user to select the one they need and can afford.
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear

Good thread, thinking of getting a wet cleaner for the new room as I keep getting micro dust I can't get out with rubbing alcohol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search