The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Removing wind noise from an outdoor wedding video
Old 18th February 2018
Removing wind noise from an outdoor wedding video

Got in another "impossible" project. This one is really hard. A person recorded an outdoor Caribbean beach wedding on his cell phone. He also recorded the ceremony on his small pocket camera. Both of them have more wind noise audible than speech. Again I used RX 6 and was unable to get the dialog from either device. The video came out GREAT but he wants the audio to sound as good. Not sure how to proceed. Suggestions welcome. For both of these projects (this and the embossed disc) the persons wanting them done say they do not want to spend a lot of money. (Go Figure)

I think the wedding video should be done with ADR but of course the "minister" in in the Caribbean so that won't work UNLESS they can find someone as a stand in.

Interesting week NOT!
Old 18th February 2018
Deleted e999d8e

The people in charge (or not) of recording the wedding were really foolish. Someone should have hired a professional videographer. The money saved at the wedding is now being spent in the studio. If the video sound can't be fixed with RX6, I'd just say "screw it".
Old 18th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poinzy View Post

The people in charge (or not) of recording the wedding were really foolish. Someone should have hired a professional videographer. The money saved at the wedding is now being spent in the studio. If the video sound can't be fixed with RX6, I'd just say "screw it".
I agree 100%. The problem is a lot of people watch CSI type shows and think that what they do on those shows is real. One person asked me a while ago to take a cell phone conversation and break it into "three or four different tracks just like they did on CSI" I told the person that it was a TV show and not real.

I also told the potential client that if she wanted she should contact CBS and get them to do the processing for her. I guess she took me up on my advice and later called me and said that they had told her that it was a "work of fiction" and that they had no such facilities to do what she wanted done.

Noise reduction is getting pretty sophisticated now days but not anywhere near what the actors seem to be able to do on CSI type shows.

Old 18th February 2018
Deleted User
Never found the RX Dialogue DeNoiser particularly effective.

Thomas can you DM a link to a sample of the various sources?
Old 19th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post

Can do!

Later this morning,

Thanks!
Old 27th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post

Having some problems getting this up on Drop Box without knowing your email address so can you PM me your email address. Thanks! Files are ready to go.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search