The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Modifying a Shure Beta 58 grille to get a "cupped" sound

...like a Crown CM311A (Crown Audio CM311A - Headworn Microphone 6000H50930 B&H Photo) or Audio Technica Pro 8HEx (cheaper, dynamic... Audio-Technica PRO8HEx Headworn Hypercardioid Dynamic Microphone with XLR Connection, New) might do the trick. Me? I'd do a SM58 or a Audix OM2 and cut the lows. "Rap guy" tonality gives me a headache. But,...

View Post

I am in search of a decent WIRED headset mic

I got the Audio Technica Pro 8HEx - way cheaper than the AKG it's a dynamic with an XLR, so no phantom, no batteries, no wireless I use it for occasional backing vocals. Only downside is that it has no 'off' switch. When I was shopping for this mic,...

View Post

I am in search of a decent WIRED headset mic

Thanks very much joeq. This is actually the main player for me. The CM311 as mentioned before is really out of the price range for the mics intended purpose. Yes, wired headset mics are rare. I'll probably get the Proco switcher to turn it on and off as needed. Thanks again everybody. fb

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Offering highly intelligible individual voice reproduction, the comfortable, lightweight PRO 8HEx is ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers and others who need the use of their hands during performance. Its low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads provide a stable, comfortable fit. Designed for professional quality vocal pickup with hands-free operation, the PRO 8HEx features a pivot-mounted flexible mic boom that descends from either the left or right side.