The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Advice for recording oldies cover band

...comfortable. Here is my gear list: DAW - Logic Pro 8 Interface - Presonus Firepod Mics: - SE220a - Samson CO2 (pair) - Beta 87a - SM58 - SM57 - MB 2k The band has a drummer, 2 guitar players, bass player, keyboard player and four vocalists. The four vocal mics are run through a Yamaha EMX512SC. The room is supposed to be pretty small. I was thinking...

View Post

Alternatives To The SM57

Try an AudioTechnica MB 2K. Or a Superlux... D108A or FH10.

View Post

My studio is Shure SM57 free...

...There are plenty of underrated alternatives to the often mentioned and recommended midrangey workhorse. Audix i5 Heil PR-20u Heil pr30 Sennheiser E845 Beyer M201 AudioTechnica MB 2K Superlux D108A or FH10 Apex 775 Electro-Voice PL11 Electro-Voice N/D767a Electro-Voice N/D478 Telefunken M80 Beyer M88 CAD D189 But none of them can get you that characteristic boxy sound of the SM57, so be sure to pick up the The Real...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The industry standard for affordable instrument microphones, the MB 2k features a hypercardioid dynamic element design for outstanding off-axis rejection and feedback control. Its frequency response is tailored for optimal instrument pickup. Perfect for snare, guitar cabinets and other instruments, this rugged, all-metal mic is equipped with Audio-Technica’s Hi-ENERGY® neodymium magnet structure for maximum output and fast transient response. MagnaLock™ switch design provides silent on/off operation. Also features corrosion-resistant gold-plated XLRM-type connector.