The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Alternatives to the classic SM57 for Snare Drum?

...studio. https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/best-mics-recording-snare-drums/ Mics included are: 1. Shure SM57 2. Telefunken M80 3. Beyerdynamic M201TG 4. Neumann KM 184 5. sE Electronics V7 6. Audix i5 7. Sennheiser 421 8. Audio-Technica BP40 9. AKG C 451 B 10. Audio-Technica AE2300 11. AKG P170

View Post

Does Europe have an industry-standard radio mic?

...LEM pour applications professionnelles et industrielles - and a lot of others microphones. In other stations I will add : - Audio-Technica BP40 BP40 Microphone de radiodiffusion dynamique à grand diaphragme || Audio-Technica - AKG C535 SHURE SM7 (big "standard") and also somes BCM104, 105, Geffel

View Post

Does Europe have an industry-standard radio mic?

Yes, I've heard lots of good things about the Audio-Technica BP40 broadcast mic. It's not surprising that radio stations have started to adopt it...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The BP40 broadcast vocal microphone offers a rich, natural, condenser-like sound from a large-diaphragm dynamic design. The large diaphragm features patented floating-edge construction that maximizes diaphragm surface area and optimizes overall diaphragm performance, while the humbucking voice coil prevents electromagnetic interference (EMI). With rugged construction and stylish, waveform-inspired design, the BP40 delivers clear and articulate reproduction, ideal for any broadcast application. Optimized capsule placement helps maintain a commanding vocal presence even at a distance, while the multistage windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering. The BP40 broadcast microphone also includes a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter to provide even more pop protection.