The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

How to setup drum overheads?

I re-opened the project and reduced the drum panning from 100% to 60%. Got enough spread to sound stereo and got rid of the ride bouncing. With the hard panned guitars the project sounder better than it was before. Thanks!

View Post

Alternatives to the classic SM57 for Snare Drum?

...MBD 219 C (highly recomended!) - Blue Encore 100i (very nice!) - Microtech Gefell MD100 - Sennheiser e906 - Sennheiser e905 - Audio Technica ATM650 (very nice!) - Audio Technica AE3000 (highly recomended!) - Audio Technica AE5100 - CAD E100 (very nice!) The more common ones were already mentionend. Best, Steph

View Post

Lewitt MTP550 dynamic mic.

...sounds a little scooped in the wrong spot to me for the top head. I usually gravitate to an SM57, ATM650, M81 or similar for top head duties depending on the sound that the drummer presents and how I am reproducing that out front. The SM57 gives me more "nose" or mid honk on...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

This versatile addition to the Artist Series features a new multi-stage flat grille design for precise positioning close to the sound source. Equipped with a neodymium magnet for high-output performance, the ATM650 has a frequency response tailored for clear sound reproduction of guitar cabinets, snare and percussion. A-T’s innovative dual-wall floating construction banishes handling noise.