The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Live guitar within heavy rock

On heavy guitar I have had a lot of success with the Audio Technica ATM250DE. It was designed as a dual element kick drum mic. So it is a dynamic and a condenser in one housing and outputs a split feed. Still two XLR outputs. I don't really like it on kick, but it...

View Post

Live situations/Guitar Stereo Techniques

...and a Sennheiser e906(MD409) is a classic rock combo. I have also had very good results with the Audio Technica ATM250DE which is a dual element condenser and dynamic in one time aligned shell. This makes it very easy. It is essentially a kick drum mic, but works great on rock guitar.

View Post

Lewitt MTP550 dynamic mic.

...good if not better job. Sennheiser e614, Audio Technica ATM450 etc. DTP640 - Again, it was fine, but I preferred the ATM250DE that I already own. DTP340 - This one was definitely one I did not like and much prefer the e904 MTP440 - This one was a little too tubby for me on snare top...

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The ATM250DE dual-element instrument microphone features cardioid condenser and hypercardioid dynamic capsules combined in a single housing. Audio-Technica’s innovative use of two polar patterns is ideal for kick drum: the hypercardioid dynamic element focuses tightly on the aggressive attack of the beater, while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell. The elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically impossible to achieve with two separate microphones. Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.