The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Tom microphone choices

...gooseneck mini condenser, and everything I've heard from other Beyers and Shures of the same style has been great IMO. AT ATM230 has amazing reviews, and many swear by the CAD M179. All of these options are less costly than the mics you propose, and I don't think of them as worse in any...

View Post

Tom microphone choices

...the clips...). I ran a shootout with most of the mics mentioned here, and have been extremely happy with the ATM230 on rack toms, with either the D4 or D112 on floor tom (depending on the track). Posted here if they are useful for your quest: Rack Tom Shootout: D2, ATM230, M201, RE20, 421, 57, M81 www.instagram.com/p/BfeF-Z0nfjb/ Floor...

View Post

Pictures Of Mic'ed Up Drum Kits In The Studio

Screw the drums - that's a nice amp collection! kfhkh

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The ATM230 hypercardioid instrument microphone brings a compact drum model to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern keeps the focus on the sound source, directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. All this makes the ATM230 ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments. The ATM230 features rugged metal construction that stands up to the rigors of live and studio applications, and comes with an AT8665 drum mount and a protective pouch.