The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Audio-Technica has introduced a straight-cable version, ATH-M50s, of its flagship ATH-M50 headphones. Designed to provide an exceptionally natural response for professional monitoring/mixing, the headphones feature a closed-back, collapsible design with 45 mm neodymium drivers, circumaural ear pieces (180° swivel) and luxuriously padded ear cushions. A straight cable at the left earpiece terminates to a gold-plated mini-plug with included screw-on ¼" adapter. Audio-Technica’s sophisticated driver technology and superior components deliver exceptional power handling and very high SPL capabilities while maintaining clarity of sound throughout their extended range, with deep, accurate bass and outstanding high-frequency extension. The headphones feature proprietary large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnet systems for ultra-efficient signal transfer.

Discussions

Best mixing headphones!

...again hear the space around the instruments as well as their texture. I didn't quite get that with the Ath-m50s. The 750s extend lower, and present a wider soundstage, with more depth. If you use headphones a LOT, then then to me it would seem worth the extra expense. I mostly use...

View Post

Best pair of headphones for late night mixing EDM

9pm-11pm DT-770s 11pm-1am HD-800s 1am-3am Sony MDR-600s (yes, I was surprised, too) 3am-5am ATH-M50s 5am-7am I will switch between K-700s and K271s depending on amount of sunlight seeping thru blinds

View Post

Sennheiser HD650 vs Beyerdynamic DT990?

...more sibilant than it actually is. For example, I own a pair of Sennheiser hd650s and a pair of ath-m50s. Admittedly, if I try to mix a track using the 650s, I run the risk of my mix sounding overly bright and thin on the ath-m50s (being hyped in the 10khz region), but it...

View Post