The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The AT4040 side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040 offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility. This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems. The AT4040’s low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects.

Discussions

Hit and Miss has all been miss with mics and equipment

...you have a pop filter like a stead man metal pop filter (thats what i use). If the AT4040 is your only other choice, its probably easily the best of the 3 you have, i don't know how good that will be. but fix your room and that will...

View Post

Shure KSM32 - like it, hate it, why?

I’m really interested in this mic for vocals. My current mics are an Audio Technica AT4040, Miktek MK-300 and JZ V11. Wondering if the KSM32 would be a worthwhile addition?

View Post

Cheap vocal mic for female - Shure SM 7 B ???

I would have to hear the room and her voice to know whats best. Everyone would have to do that, or its just guessing! The same mic will sound different in different environments. so everyone is guessing without hearing the environment and singer and especially not knowing the mood, style and arrangement of the song and...

View Post