The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Audio Technica love everywhere but GS?

...I used 4040 and 4033 mics in Bluegrass gigs but have moved on to several mics mentioned above. Their dynamic AE4100 hand held is far superior to the ubiqutous SM58 and to the best of my knowledge it is seldom if ever mentioned on these threads unless I do it. AT's 4054 condenser hand...

View Post

Have I Gone To Far? Or Is the SM58 Really a Live Sound God-Tier Tool?

In it's price range the AT AE4100 and Sen e945 are both much smother sonically and a stand mounted RE20 has a pattern that enables simultaneous capture of both instrument and vocal with sonic quality well beyond any SM58 or 57. The notion that the humble SM58 stands alone as an all around mic...

View Post

Lewitt MTP550 dynamic mic.

...all the rejection testing needed. I was Impressed with the testing I did in the studio against my similar priced AE4100 dynamic mic: but the Lewitt will not fit in the provided bag with the pop sock on. It could be a safety measure to reduce foam degradation to the mic. I had a...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

Audio-Technica’s high-performance AE4100 cardioid dynamic vocal microphone delivers aggressive sound that stays up-front in the mix. Optimized for the stage, the microphone features superior anti-shock engineering for minimum handling noise. Its rugged construction is engineered to stand up to the rigors of touring. For ultimate protection against vocal plosives, the mic’s hardened-steel outer grille is lined with fine steel mesh and a layer of open-cell foam. A foam disk positioned on top of the element assembly provides the final layer of “pop” protection.