The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Artist Elite® AE2300 cardioid instrument microphone features Audio-Technica’s propriety double-dome diaphragm construction, giving it high-frequency and transient response that far exceeds typical dynamic microphones. With a rugged, low-profile design and the ability to handle high SPLs, the AE2300 is a versatile performer, able to capture sound from guitar amps, brass and woodwinds, drums and percussion instruments with equal clarity and precision. The double-dome diaphragm construction allows the AE2300 to maintain directionality across the entire frequency range, while introducing only the slightest off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90° and 180°) for excellent phase cohesion in multiple-mic setups. The microphone is also equipped with a switchable low-pass filter that cuts out harsh, high-frequency noise, such as hiss from a guitar amp or high-hat bleed into the snare, without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument – an especially useful tool in live settings to get a clear, focused sound.

Discussions

Alternatives to the classic SM57 for Snare Drum?

...M80 3. Beyerdynamic M201TG 4. Neumann KM 184 5. sE Electronics V7 6. Audix i5 7. Sennheiser 421 8. Audio-Technica BP40 9. AKG C 451 B 10. Audio-Technica AE2300 11. AKG P170

View Post

Alternatives to the classic SM57 for Snare Drum?

is my Senn 416 out of the picture above !!! ... HAHA .. thx Lynn !! awesome as usual .. cheers Mics included are: 1. Shure SM57 2. Telefunken M80 3. Beyerdynamic M201TG 4. Neumann KM 184 5. sE Electronics V7 6. Audix i5 7. Sennheiser 421 8. Audio-Technica BP40 9. AKG C 451 B 10. Audio-Technica AE2300 11. AKG P170

View Post

Audio Technica AE2300 - Anyone tried it?

I picked up an AE2300 a few weeks ago and it is my current go to for snare. Its small and well made and is very 3d sounding. It has a wide open top end with a nice punch. The bleed is low and very smooth/musical. I put a right angle xlr connecter of...

View Post

Video Guides