The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The device was often used for mastering between 1960 and 1980. It is an all tube vary-mu compressor/limiter with adjustable release time option. We kept the circuit exactly as it was originally designed and only added input and output gain (before and right after compressor circuit) to help with proper adjustment of the compression. The plugin effect has been also supplemented with a VU meter and selectable side-chaining. U73b is great for mastering, mixing drums, bass, guitar, vocals and voice overs.

Discussions

Slate Digital Releases Audified U73b Tube Compressor Module

I1H2gNxi7lk Slate Digital is introducing a new plugin to our arsenal at NAMM 2018. When I first heard the Audified U73b compressor plugin, I became a bit frustrated and angry, because it sounded so damn good... but it wasn't one of ours! Well, I'm happy to say that now Slate Digital Everything Bundle users can...

View Post

"Smooth" & "Creamy" compressor to pair with 1176 FET mainly for vox (other than LA2A)

...love but it's honestly just so transparent that I'm not sure it's even what I want. I really like the audified u73b plugin if anyone's ever heard it, and I'm looking for something along those lines of color but real analog For context other hardware comps I own are dbx 160a (prob still my fave compressor...

View Post

"Smooth" & "Creamy" compressor to pair with 1176 FET mainly for vox (other than LA2A)

Define smooth and creamy. Tell us how you would measure the amount of creaminess.

View Post