The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Audient Announces New Audio Interface: iD44

...is only IF your ultimate goal is accurate, realistic, "you are there" reproduction of the source. Coming from the iD22, IMO Audient missed the mark in several areas with the iD44. I'm sure that most of the compromises were made to meet a price point. But here are my PERSONAL reservations, IMO: 1....

View Post

Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

...actual differing performance of the driver across numerous interfaces. I tested the new Thesycon/Audient V4 driver on both the ID22 and ID4. This exact driver was also tested on the Presonus Studio 68 previously posted, so some of what I will be reporting will be ringing a similar bell. I will be focusing on...

View Post

Clarett/Apollo/RME/Audient- With ext. preamp, any noticeable audible difference ?

...at all. The Audient ID14 is not on the same level as the others, I would get at least the ID22, the specs and the sound are better. I had one as a mobile device, it sounded good but latency wasn't great and the drivers were so so. I'm not a huge fan of Universal...

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The Audient iD22 is a world-class 2 in, 6 out desktop USB 2.0 audio interface with user defined monitoring controls. The Audient iD22 features 2 beautiful sounding class-A mic preamps as well as a discrete JFET instrument input allowing to record a stereo source or a singer songwriter. In addition, the iD22 features insert points to connect outboard equipment such as hardware EQs or compressors. Each preamp features +48V Phantom Power switch, high-pass filters, -10dB Pad and a polarity switch giving you all the controls necessary to get the optimum sound at source. The Audient iD22 is the heart of your recording setup with a comprehensive monitoring section including alternative outputs to connect another pair of monitors, as well as DIM and Cut switches and a central knob controlling main output and monitoring levels. The Audient iD22 includes comprehensive monitoring software giving you further controls over the different monitoring and routing options including A/B Cues, Talkback and more. A separate and independent headphone output with its own level controls lets you monitor your recording and mixes. The Audient iD22 features ADAT connectivity for additional I/O. Add a digital preamps such as the Audient ASP008 to increase your track counts up to 10 input and 12 outputs at 44.1kHz/48kHz.