The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

new UK mics...Aston

Yes, I've just got the Aston Origin. It does sound very good, clear, warm and with body. Lovely high end. Unfortunately, mine has got a noise problem. At 40-45 gain levels through my Apollo Twin it exhibits a 'static crackling' type noise. Not workable as it currently stands, but the quality still shines through....

View Post

Aston Mic Story

...he said he a had a different idea... Couple weeks later a package arrived in the mail, a brand new Aston Origin with 'Mason David Reid' engraved on the front! The mic sounds great, and hopefully Mason will record a hit with it some day (I'm afraid it might be too late for dear...

View Post

Question About Mic Preamp & C800G

...you want something airy primarily to record female vocals. Some mic recommendations for you that won't break the bank: MXL CR89 Aston Origin Warm Audio WM-87 Neumann TLM-102 Avantone CV-12 Hope that helps. Good luck! kfhkh

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1″) gold evaporated capsule. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components. The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound… for a natural and transparent recording.