Exclusive: 'YouTube Music' Is Launching This Summer... | Digital Music News
here are just a few of updates what YouTube Music may be planning:
* Complete, millions-plus catalog of videos, similar to Spotify but with videos.
* Easily-accessible, pre-assembled albums, curated playlists, and histories.
* Offline cacheing to mobile devices and tablets (unconfirmed for launch).
* Perfectly-synched playlists, histories, and accounts across 3+ multiple devices.
* Ad-free enjoyment.
* HD-quality videos of consistent quality.
* ‘Video as a layer’: Audio-only listening will remain an easy option (and possible a lower-bandwidth solution on devices in a future release). On a laptop or desktop, videos are easily subsumed into a stack of browser tabs.
* Integration into broader Google Play suite of services (unconfirmed for launch).
* Pre-licensed security against sudden DMCA takedowns.
* Simple, more elegant search results, without endless multiples of the same songs and karaoke covers.
* Easily-access viewing histories and recommendations based on previous activity.