The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

Let's kickstart a community-owned post DAW

...with AVID licensing model seems to bring more momentum then ever -- There is this completely free and open-source DAW called ARDOUR (ardour - the digital audio workstation, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIw9j3AO38) which means anyone can use the code, build upon it, change it to ones liking, and give the changes back to the community. And use the program for...

View Post

PreSonus releases Studio One 4

...basically. Drove me to finally check out other DAWs. I tried Cubase Pro, I tried Nuendo, I tried S1Pro, I tried Ardour, I tried Reaper and I tried Bitwig. Turns out that NONE of them could do what I do in PT even remotely as elegantly, if they could at all. They all have cool things...

View Post

2018 iPad Pros..Anyone buy one yet? Experiences with music software?

...coming to that conclusion as well. The other thing is that I see it's possible to run SoundFont files in Ardour on Linux, which could be a good solution since I already have a laptop running Linux. I downloaded one of the free SoundFonts (from Soundfonts 4U) and tested it in Ardour; it works...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?