The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Coaxial approach to monitoring has been around for quite a few years. Some of the greatest speaker designs used it in the past, though it has since fallen into disuse. At a growing requests from APS users we have designed one of our own breed. COAX is an active near-field studio monitor. Thanks to its coaxial loudspeaker - where precoated fabric dome of the tweeter intergrates with the cone of woofer to a point source - the acoustic position of the source remains the same regardless of change in distance. Such design makes COAX a perfect tool for precise stereo image control, making work on panning and spatial effects a breeze. Despite its small size it had proven to be a great tool for tracking instruments where its razor like stereo image proved very useful. High-quality components and our no-compromise made in Europe approach to construction make COAX a proud heir to its great predecessors. Outstanding stereo imaging, punchy low end, extremely at frequency response and high SPL level handling, coupled with the by now famous APS custom finishes make it the obvious choice for all those looking for a great sounding, gorgeous looking near-field coaxial monitor. Main features: precise, transparent sound, free from colouration at frequency response in range of 56Hz - 21kHz (+/- 6 dB) paired monitors for best stereo performance high SPL- ideal for a wide range of music styles XLR and TRS inputs closed cabinet design - a very precise and punchy low end

Discussions

Coaxial monitors - Sceptre, Equator, APS etc.

...than the Equators, but that would be OK with me if it´s worth it. - APS Coax. They got the extra benefit of the sealed design (one reason I looked at the PMCs and AE22s, I like the idea to stay away from ported speakers). They are rated -5dB at 50Hz but considering the smoother...

View Post

APS Klasik

Sounds like APS COAX would be your standout? A sealed cabinet makes a big difference? I'm leaning toward the Neuman but you are suggesting a different model to the 120s?

View Post

APS Klasik

I appreciate your opinion and haven't tried the sc305s, but to say the "midrange isn't there," on the 207/8s is...inaccurate, at best? I'm sure it "improves" the higher up the range you go with 3-ways etc. but the midrange detail on both 7/8s is excellent IMO and if you can't mix a great record...

View Post