The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Apple's flagship DAW.

Discussions

Do I need a compressor

My vocals seem to be quite dynamic and I have to struggle with apple logic 9 compressor plugins and automation to tame them. Not sure I even know how to use these plugins, I just tweak them until my vocals seem right. My vocals are mostly soft, very low volume, have to...

View Post

Logic Pro X

I run the Apple Logic 9 User Group on facebook (with 950 members - join in!) https://www.facebook.com/groups/126029529178/ and I would like to copy-paste my review here for all you to read: "meh". That's what I think. For a 19€ upgrade price/path perhaps, but for 199€, lol. I'm not sad, bitter, disapointed, just wondering what Apple is doing for their...

View Post

Choosing compressor plugin w/ function reminiscent of SSL 4000

Yeah, there are a lot of SSL emu's. Waves did an incredible job as well as SSL Duende. Check out Metric Halo CS which is what Serban Ghenea uses. Their CS plugin is based off a SSL CS. Everytime I do a shootout here, Waves and/or IK wins. I use IK's version alot and Waves alot and Duende. Hope this...

View Post