The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using auganizer?
Old 25th October 2014
Gear Addict
Anyone using auganizer?

Is anyone using AUganizer successfully in Logic Pro X? Looks like the answer to something I've been bitching about for years.

Auganizer | Rename, Edit and Arrange Audio Units for OSX Logic, Garageband, Digital Performer, Presonus Studio One, Ableton Live and more! AU
Old 25th October 2014
Gear Maniac

Hi

Yes, and it functions as described on the tin. You just have to be aware of the 31 character naming limit (an OSX limitation)

K
Old 25th October 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

It isn't compatible with Automap - unless they've fixed it and didn't tell me about it.

The version I used was very unstable... Overall, I wasn't impressed.
Old 15th November 2014
Here for the gear
I wouldn't recommend it. Seamed nice at first so I bought it. But then one of Your plug-ins gets updated or removed, now You've got trouble.
There are messed up folders in Ableton Live's browser. It keeps messing up my presets in Logic X with alias folders making everything show up twice.
Some of my Plug-ins remain modified even though I restored to Pre-Auganizer state.

I've tried uninstalling with App Cleaner, searching with better search for receipts, backups and hidden folders.
And even though I have deleted everything named Augnizer or aurora it's still messed up. I installed Auganizer again to try and fix it, but now it's really confused.
Wish I never installed it... It took me some time to reinstall the messed up Plug-ins and delete all folders and aliases but now it's back to normal.

They need to implement a more complete handling of Plug-ins, like an update manager and an uninstaller.
Then I might try it again.
Old 16th November 2014
Gear Addict
Thanks guys. Think I'll pass for now.
Old 16th November 2014
Lives for gear

I disagree. Except automap which im not sure about. I produce and compose 14 hours a day. It is flawless. Just be sure to export your setup incase you habe to do a fresh os x install. Have zero problem since the updates
Old 16th November 2014
Lives for gear

I tried it for a minute, updates were an issue.

I reverted to my backup.

Old 16th November 2014
Gear Head

It works flawlessly for me. I love it.

Logic 10.0.7
Old 17th November 2014
Lives for gear

Same here with logic 10.0.7 and yosemite. Works great and really makes things more organized.
Old 17th November 2014
Gear Maniac
I didn't have any issues with it either, though not sure if I've updated any plugins since installing it.

£20 is a bargain really. You could argue that it's a feature that should be built into a DAW as standard, but I doubt that'll happen in Logic for quite some time! It's definitely much nicer to be able to go to a 'Dynamics' or 'Filters' folder and pick out the one you want, rather than thinking about who made it. Only a little thing, but definitely nice.
Old 17th November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickflip View Post
I didn't have any issues with it either, though not sure if I've updated any plugins since installing it.

£20 is a bargain really. You could argue that it's a feature that should be built into a DAW as standard, but I doubt that'll happen in Logic for quite some time! It's definitely much nicer to be able to go to a 'Dynamics' or 'Filters' folder and pick out the one you want, rather than thinking about who made it. Only a little thing, but definitely nice.
With the new AU specs in Yosemite, I think it will finally come sooner than later. About flucking time...

KA
Old 18th November 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
With the new AU specs in Yosemite, I think it will finally come sooner than later. About flucking time...

KA
Dang. But yay.

If they make it so you can put Logic plugs and 3rd part plugs in the same folder, that'd be bang on.
Old 18th November 2014
Gear Nut

Auganizer ROCKS!!! Could'nt live without it now. Works without flaws.
📝 Reply