The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th October 2014
Gear Nut

An option to choose what happens when you double click a track. Or an option to turn it off.
I accidentally click it while renaming and It opens the Library which is annoying

The horizontal navigation bar needs improvement with the mixer open. It almost always gets in the way when renaming mixer tracks.
Old 20th October 2014
Old 23rd October 2014
And a global channel plugin (without instruments) bypass

And a channel trim, so no need for the gain plugin in every channel
Old 4th December 2014
Here for the gear

The ability to have more than one drummer track per arrangement.

That would be immensely helpful when A/B-ing different styles and layering.
Old 5th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
Logic 11 - what do you want?

in logic 7 there were presets that you could call up in the mixer section were assigned to different fx and synthesizer. you could sort through a list of presets and call up different settings for a Rhodes piano or bass synthesizer for example. that feature is gone in logic 10. there was also the ability to call up garageband synthesizers with their parameters. and that feature is missing. You can call up different presets from garageband in logic 10 but you can't bring up the actual synth responsible for making those patches and the synth's parameters. I hope they bring this back.
Old 5th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walth View Post
in logic 7 there were presets that you could call up in the mixer section were assigned to different fx and synthesizer. you could sort through a list of presets and call up different settings for a Rhodes piano or bass synthesizer for example. that feature is gone in logic 10. there was also the ability to call up garageband synthesizers with their parameters. and that feature is missing. You can call up different presets from garageband in logic 10 but you can't bring up the actual synth responsible for making those patches and the synth's parameters. I hope they bring this back.
Everything's still there dude. When you click on the instrument's slot, press the Option key. You'll find a Legacy section. They're all there.

As for the Channel strip settings, they're still there also. Or you can use the Library.

KA
Old 12th December 2014
I want native full support of Dante's IP-technology
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

CUSTOM TRACK ICONS. Those of us with huge scoring templates greatly miss this from earlier versions - it made it far easier to visually organize things at a glance!
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear
- ability to undo fader moves
- ability to fade in/out and create crossfades on comp regions
- Reaper's routing capabilities
- ability to rearrange tracks in mixer
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
CUSTOM TRACK ICONS. Those of us with huge scoring templates greatly miss this from earlier versions - it made it far easier to visually organize things at a glance!
I Agree 100%
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

I would like to see more features added to the "Toggle Zoom to fit Selection or All Content" key command.

when pressing the key command in (my case "Z") it should also work when:

- making a Marquee Selection
- selecting Marker/s
- highlighting Tempo Track nodes
- highlighting Automation nodes

I know we have a couple of non- toggle key commands regarding zoom but for simplicity it would be better to extend its capabilities rather than introducing another 10 key commands
Old 13th December 2014
Lives for gear

Old 18th December 2014
Lives for gear

It would be nice with something a la Studio One does with Nimbit.
PreSonus | Press Releases - PreSonus Unveils the All-New Nimbit It's possible to publish your song directly from Studio One, define a price, promote it etc, and have it commercially available for pretty much the rest of the world within almost no time.

A "Bounce to iTunes Store" feature in Logic and other DAWs could actually change the music industry.
Old 18th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
And a global channel plugin (without instruments) bypass

And a channel trim, so no need for the gain plugin in every channel
and a phase switch !
Old 18th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
and a phase switch !
True... the standard console features :D
Ideally also a Flip Left Right
Old 18th December 2014
Here for the gear

Simply the ability to click and move a channel strip where I want it to be in the mix window.

Contentious and radical, I know..........
Old 18th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by togril View Post
Simply the ability to click and move a channel strip where I want it to be in the mix window.

Contentious and radical, I know..........
Why? You couldn't do it on a real mixer, so why now?
Old 18th December 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Because it is the 21st century?
Old 18th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
In a real mixer, putting a channel into automation mode doesn't make it fly across the room either lol
Old 18th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by togril View Post
Because it is the 21st century?
Slow down, I'm not yet arrived there... still cutting tapes for radio edits hehhehheh
Old 18th December 2014
Gear Maniac

The option of having "ghost notes" from other tracks in the piano roll.
Old 19th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leumas Fyzz View Post
The option of having "ghost notes" from other tracks in the piano roll.
What are "ghost notes"?
Old 19th December 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
What are "ghost notes"?
Ghost notes from other tracks... That would be incredible. I've never even considered that.
Old 19th December 2014
Gear Addict
Native audio -it would most likely be implemented as a semi transparent note grid from another track (such as bass) so while you are playing or editing the kick drum track, you would have a visual reference of the bass right there on your kick drum's piano roll page. Would also be a great feature for serious arrangers.
Old 19th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Native audio -it would most likely be implemented as a semi transparent note grid from another track (such as bass) so while you are playing or editing the kick drum track, you would have a visual reference of the bass right there on your kick drum's piano roll page. Would also be a great feature for serious arrangers.
Mmm, not a bad idea but I wonder how it could be implemented? The piano keyboard needs to reflect the selected region so you can edit easily. If the "ghost notes" position aren't dependant of the keyboard and just show up above or below the midi notes of the region you need to edit, that could be feasible. The current way of doing it with the "Set note by region color" is pretty evident if you select the drums and bass region, to keep your example.

KA
Old 19th December 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What are "ghost notes"?
They have it in Fruity Loops (or at least they had it when i used it a few years ago). It is faint shaded grey notes visible in the piano roll indicating notes of other MIDI-tracks in the same portion of the project. Very handy when designing multi-layered stuff.

Logic has a soooort of similar thing when working in the piano roll when it's at the bottom of the project window (not full screen) where if you click a MIDI region of another track you will see the notes of both the one you're working in and the one you clicked, but there is no difference in color and you can move both so it becomes far more messy. Hope i explained it in a decipherable way.
Old 19th December 2014
Quote:
Logic has a soooort of similar thing when working in the piano roll when it's at the bottom of the project window (not full screen) where if you click a MIDI region of another track you will see the notes of both the one you're working in and the one you clicked, but there is no difference in color and you can move both so it becomes far more messy. Hope i explained it in a decipherable way.
Yeah, the Logic piano roll does every selected region at once. But as you said you cannot distinct them. For multilayer stuff, I move the different regions by octaves up and down and set the region's pitch in the exact opposite direction. It's work around, but most of the time it's quite fine.
Old 19th December 2014
I'd like to see the feature again, when you click an alias it shows the content of the original in the piano roll. At the moment it acutally opens the original region, but shows the current time position. So you have to scroll around. That wasn't in L8 and L9. No matter where the ruler is, clicking an alias always showed the content, no matter of ruler and region position.
Old 19th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Logic has a soooort of similar thing when working in the piano roll when it's at the bottom of the project window (not full screen) where if you click a MIDI region of another track you will see the notes of both the one you're working in and the one you clicked, but there is no difference in color and you can move both so it becomes far more messy.
I think it's good they you can move both in Logic. But if you forget to enable the display of region colors for the events in Piano Roll, of course it can become messy.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-screen-shot-2014-12-19-09.08.11.png  
Old 19th December 2014
Quote:
I think it's good they you can move both in Logic. But if you forget to enable the display of region colors for the events in Piano Roll, of course it can become messy.
Oh... totally forgot about that feature... that will help a lot. Thanks for helping me to remember that. Still we will need to shift notes if they play on the same notes, though. It'd be great if Logic would spread them automatically so they don't overlap or hide each other, in such a case.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search