The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

Here are some of the things I miss key commands for – not related to song writing/composition, for a change :-)

Pan one step to the left (right)
"Nudge up" and "Nudge down" for the mixer faders
Snap Marquee Selection to nearest transients which works after I have made a marquee selection
Reset Flex Info/Reset Region Length) –*which removes Flex Markers, transient Markers and Tempo info from a file.
Key commands for 'length' (whole note, half note, quarter note etc) which applies to MIDI notes (and manual rests in score)
Transpose "in place" (transpose a chord note and hear not only the transposed note but all the notes in the chord
"Shift Marquee Selection Left" (and Shift Marquee Selection Right) - which looks both at beat/bar lines and transients
Trim marquee selection left/right, using the nudge value.
Move marquee cursor left/right, using the nudge value
Trim region start points (don't move region, just edit the start point), using nudge value
Move the marquee selection left/right, based on nudge value

Regarding the above: I think using the Nudge Value as a reference for these commands is a good idea, because there's an icon for Nudge Values in the Tool Bar. (However, it's too bad I have to have the Control Bar open to look at the Tool Bar...)

Move marquee cursor or whole marquee selection up/down (to track above or below)
Create fade from marquee cursor to region start/end
Crop Left. This would trim away the left part of a region only (on the lefthand side of the playhead/Marquee line), and also work for MIDI (the current "Crop Regions outside Locators or Marquee Selection" only Crops away the right side of a region).

...and also: a "Reset selected Key Command" option (!) would be great - a feature which would assign any *selected* key command back to the factory default.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-screen-shot-2014-07-25-08.02.41.png  
Old 30th July 2014
Id like them to throw back in compatibility with Lion and the older 32 bit Mac Pros! Some of us dont have the money to drop on a new Mac Pro, and some of us DONT want the new trash can looking Mac Pro thats out now!
Old 6th August 2014
Gear Maniac

Why oh why are we still looking at that horrible EXS24 screen after umpteen versions and revisions of Logic.. Surely they can update that in Logic 11?? An EXS24 overhaul is severely needed.

Oh and perhaps not having to create a new region or backup of an audio file each time I wanted to process it in some way.. Why I can't just undo some actions or apply some to only a specific audio file is archaic and beyond me. Every other DAW handles this with ease but logic. FML.
Old 6th August 2014
I want colors black and white. And while at it, make the color palette customisable

More outputs for multioutput instrument. At least 32, whether mono, stereo, or any mix between mono and stereo shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Remembering window positions of all plugins

Better system for naming I/Os, got worse with X, was better with 8
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansao View Post
Why I can't just undo some actions...
What exactly do you mean? You can undo actions for audio file edits, and there's a separate Undo-list for the sample editor, with lots of undo steps if you want it, and it can also be stored with the project after you quit Logic.
Old 6th August 2014
And please introduce again a color variation for loops. E.g. slightly lighter than the region that is looped. Overview over a whole busy song now is worse compared to 8/9
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansao View Post
Why oh why are we still looking at that horrible EXS24 screen after umpteen versions and revisions of Logic.. Surely they can update that in Logic 11?? An EXS24 overhaul is severely needed.
^^ This. Seriously. I also hate that all the EXS24 and all the old Logic synths look blurry in X. I opened up Logic 9 last week and noticed that they look sharp and nice in 9. I really don't get why that is.
Old 6th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
^^ This. Seriously. I also hate that all the EXS24 and all the old Logic synths look blurry in X. I opened up Logic 9 last week and noticed that they look sharp and nice in 9. I really don't get why that is.
Have you checked that the GUI is not scaled up in size?
Old 6th August 2014
Here for the gear

What do I want for Logic 11?

I want it sold to a company that gives a ****.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLA View Post
I want it sold to a company that gives a ****.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Have you checked that the GUI is not scaled up in size?
But I want to see it scaled up.
Old 8th August 2014
Quote:
But I want to see it scaled up.
That's what you get then for a poorly jpeg-upscaling Gotta live with it. Maybe in L11 they introduce new vectorized GUIs
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
That's what you get then for a poorly jpeg-upscaling Gotta live with it. Maybe in L11 they introduce new vectorized GUIs
:(

Kind of the reason why I don't even bother with most of the built in Logic synths. They just look unfriendly and uninviting.
Old 8th August 2014
Quote:
:(

Kind of the reason why I don't even bother with most of the built in Logic synths. They just look unfriendly and uninviting.
hehehe... they look almost 90s heh
Old 27th August 2014
Lives for gear

As someone mentioned in another thread - it would be great if the screen set feature would work in full screen mode as well.
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

grown up icons....this is just potty.
i want icons as i am quite stupid and like to line up all my ducks in nice neat rows.
(no..not ducks ...!)
also single click labeling as it used to be, now you click and type in the region name box..than have to click again and scroll around to delete bits of crap that were defaulted there in the first instance.
potentially hundreds of clicks every day thinking ''this is bloody daft''...not good Apple..just so basic too!
Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

I don't know how anyone gets anything done in Logic.

I mean I have never seen a program lose focus more often, I have to keep clicking on the arrange window to keep it active. I just haven't seen this in any Mac program since I started using a Mac in the 80s. It is unreal how many times I have to click, then sometimes click AGAIN, on the Arrange window to make it responsive.....ugh, this is terrible.

Combine this with the constant "Are you sure you want to delete...." message when editing it drives me nuts. I'm about ready for the Cubase trial.
Old 30th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post

I mean I have never seen a program lose focus more often, I have to keep clicking on the arrange window to keep it active. I just haven't seen this in any Mac program since I started using a Mac in the 80s. It is unreal how many times I have to click, then sometimes click AGAIN, on the Arrange window to make it responsive.....ugh, this is terrible.

Combine this with the constant "Are you sure you want to delete...." message when editing it drives me nuts. I'm about ready for the Cubase trial.
I guess all programs based on a single window UI work like that, no? Anyway, don't know why you have so much clicks to do. You have the tab key to move around the different opened editors. I use the '/' key to change focus between opened plugin window and the main window. And the escape key to close plugin windows. Those 3 keys are right above/under each other on the keyboard so everything is done fast. Add to this the key commands to toggle all the editors, you never have to use the mouse to select a section of the UI.

KA
Old 15th September 2014
1. Stack tracks within stack tracks
2. Print Plug-ins to Regions
3. Better Visuals on the Synths
Old 15th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreeman View Post
1. Stack tracks within stack tracks
Maybe you could also send feedback regarding this? I did some months ago.
Old 29th September 2014
Gear Addict
+1 on the ESX24 major upgrade. Would love to see some of the Redmatica abilities and post-sample programing possibilites of Camel Alchemy implemented. With other plugins that I'm not pleased with, I can always buy a 3rd party version. But I hate Kontakt and wish Apple would kick the ESX24 into high gear. Oh... and of course... the GUI makes my eyes bleed.
Old 30th September 2014
Plugin windows should have again unfixed sizes. Some small plugins don't show the copy/paste buttons. In L8/L9 you could still widen the window (not resizing the plugin GUI itself) and the buttons appeared. Now this is not possible anymore :(
Old 30th September 2014
Finally proper working multiscreen support, where the window positions are remembered for good.
Old 9th October 2014
An *actually* reworked Logic, where bugs from L9 don't still exist. Oh, and in general - bug fixes. All the time. And some level of support/feedback system would be fantastic.
Old 9th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post

I did this year 11 films with it

You can turn "Are you sure you want to delete...." messages off:
Prefernces / Audio / Audiodata Editor / first checkbox
Old 9th October 2014
Gear Head
I would like a really good looping function. Loopback in MainStage is a nightmare. I've heard good things about something in DP (Polar?). Maybe I'm dense--strike that, yes, I'm dense--but I want to be able to do looping in Logic. Right now, I do it on an RC-20, then just record it in and chop it as necessary. Sitting in front of what is, basically, a super computer (when compared to anything that was around 10 years ago) and it can't do that? Or, to be kind, it can't do that simply and intuitively? Eff that.
Old 9th October 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
I want colors black and white. And while at it, make the color palette customisable
+1000!
Old 13th October 2014
I want the same behavior of the loops as they were before.

Now they are not distinguishable from the originating region. Loops were different in color. Zooming out with a lot of regions, the overview gets messy. And small regions are hard to select, because you don't see them any longer. And in earlier versions you had to click a button (think it was "shift") to select the loops and its regions when hovering over them. Now you always select everything with just hovering with mouse over them. And that is very annoying when you have to select regions not next to each other. That workflow was way faster in earlier versions.

I have that strong feeling that this was introduced, so people can work with touchscreens. Who's anyway going to do sophisticated arrangements and mixes on an iPad, come on? Or just make the behavior dynamic according to the machine you're working on. Shouldn't be that hard
Old 13th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
I did this year 11 films with it

You can turn "Are you sure you want to delete...." messages off:
Prefernces / Audio / Audiodata Editor / first checkbox
Thanks but I have that pref checked, and still get the message.

And i've done hundreds and hundreds of songs in Logic, but I have not had this much trouble with keyboard focus until Logic X came out. It is truly awful.

TH
Old 13th October 2014
Gear Nut

1.Wish there was a way to have 2 or more plugin windows open as linked windows so you could see, for example, the EQ and dynamics of any selected channel. Now it's one or the other.

2. A Trim Mode for automation. Now there's an automation trim offset but it can't be automated!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search