The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 30th May 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
You can assign a channel strip to multiple groups already by clicking on the group area with Shift.

But - does anyone know how to get several subgroups (VCA groups, not normal groups) in Logic? It seems I can create only one, and it is called both Sub 1 and Sub 2 (see image).
It's a pain but i:

Created a track

Put it in a Folder Stack

Remove the track inside the Folder Stack

Click the" New Track with Duplicate Settings" button a bunch of times to create a bunch of empty Folder Stacks.

Voila

They'll all be assigned to the same MIDI channel which doesn't seem to affect their "VCA" behavior but I would change them to separate channels.

Then I would hide the empty Folder Stacks in the Main Window and unclick "Follow Hide"in the Mixer.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-screen-shot-2014-05-30-11.20.46-am.jpg   Logic 11 - what do you want?-screen-shot-2014-05-30-11.21.46-am.png  
Old 30th May 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
It's a pain but i:

Created a track

Put it in a Folder Stack

Remove the track inside the Folder Stack

Click the" New Track with Duplicate Settings" button a bunch of times to create a bunch of empty Folder Stacks.

Voila

They'll all be assigned to the same MIDI channel which doesn't seem to affect their "VCA" behavior but I would change them to separate channels.

Then I would hide the empty Folder Stacks in the Main Window and unclick "Follow Hide"in the Mixer.
Hey!!! I just discovered that if you create just ONE VCA track "my way" then Logic X wakes up and allows you to create as much as you want "nativeaudio's way" in the MIDI Environment.

Cool
Old 30th May 2014
Gear Head

- apply/print plugins to regions
- midi transform menu on the inspector of the piano roll
- way more accurate mouse pointer, mostly in piano roll while editing edges of small notes
- a useful grid management as in PT
- playhead position by clicking anywhere in the arrange window
- brand new sampler (EXS 24....)
- channel strip insert buttons back to the bigger LP9/PT style (why the on/off button?)
- multiple midi controllers lanes in the piano roll
- clip gain with fader
- custom track and region colors

Is that much?
Old 31st May 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
Yes something is definitely wrong. It should work as described. What did you actually try? I'm talking about a preference setting that turns the Pointer Tool into the Fade Tool contextually. You have to start out with the Pointer Tool for it to work.
so i upgraded to Mavericks from Mountain Lion and re-installed Logic app. It worked !
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

I want the grid to be visible through the regions (like it is when a region is muted)
I want tne name of the region to take up MUCH less space so there is more space available to the display of the waveform.
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear

Suggestion: Please change the look of selected regions. Today, it's not at all obvious which colour that region has when it's displayed in such a way that only the area behind the region name is visible - because that area is currently always bright. A small white around the region to show that it's selected would IMO make more sense, since this would mean that one would always see th original region color clearly, which is important for those of us who color code regions.
(I've attached to small pics which show how selected region would look with an IMHO better solution. Pardon the graphics, I've made it in Preview. :-) )
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-dup-2.png   Logic 11 - what do you want?-dup-copy.png  
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
- apply/print plugins to regions
I'm pretty sure you can already go this.

Quote:
- channel strip insert buttons back to the bigger LP9/PT style (why the on/off button?)
I actually like the new way much better. It is a faster workflow (improvement) especially when toggling on/off entire insert chains. However, along the lines that you are talking about, I would *LOVE* it if they allowed the user to turn off an entire set of inserts across all channels ala PT. (for example, a compressor inserted on the second insert could be toggled on/off across all channels at once.)

Quote:
- custom track and region colors
YEP!
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear

Here's a little more about two of my major wishes for Logic 11: More advanced way to hear what we want when going to the next/previous note the piano roll or score editor.

We currently have these key commands:

•Select Previous Region/Event, or Set Marquee End (or Point/Other Side) to Previous Transient
•Select Next Region/Event, or Set Marquee End (or Point/Other Side) to Next Transient

Last time I checked out Sibelius, it allowed me to hear all the notes in a chord if I clicked left/right to go to the previous/next note. That's a brilliant option. If I remember right, it only seemed to work for one clef at the time in Sibelius., so even if I use a piano clef (treble+bass) I only hear the chord notes in either the bass or the treble clef.

I'd of course like to hear all the chord notes, in both hands. This would improve the composing/arranging process tremendously.

This way, I can hear a chord in the context of the melody by moving left/right - and vice versa. If I hear a note I'd like to change, I can - using key commands only - select any note inside the chord and edit it.

NB: Imagine how great it would be if Logic would play all the MIDI notes in an arrangement when moving to the next/previous note! If I only want to hear the piano notes, I could either press solo or double click that track in score to see only the piano track. If I want to hear all the notes, I can double click in the background to go to full score view (or display all selected regions in the piano roll)... when these notes become visible, they should also be *heard* (with my suggested key command).

I could also create instrument sets - showing only certain tracks - if I want Logic to play the notes of all these instruments (but no others) whenever I want them included when going to the next/previous note. It would almost revolutionise the way I work. This feature would be great for any musical style, not just when preparing orchestral mockups.

The implementation of a feature like this would remove the need to rewind, switch between mouse/key commands to move back/forth/ remember a number of key commands to achieve something similar. A massive workflow improvement.
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear

Apple, please buy the company which makes the iOs app which lets users draw notes directly on an iPad screen, and implement/integrate such functionality into Logic:
NotateMe - Phones Take Note - YouTube
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear

Here's another major wish: Please allow users to see Track Notes as one of the columns in the track list. Now when the Track Name feature is removed from Logic (unless one has several tracks using the same Channel Strip), an improvement in this area is even more important than before.

If Logic could can show Track notes (or at last the first words/ the text before the first line break) in the Arrange area, the removal of that track name option wouldn't be a big problem.

People may use track names and track notes in different ways, but whichever workflow they have, most users would benefit from being able to see the same text in Arrange as they see in the mixer.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that this should be the default behaviour, but if this option is added, the lack of the L9 track name option will not only be remedied, but the new solution would make more sense (than showing track names in Arrange and track commnets on the Mixer).
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear

Here's another major wish: Please allow users to see Track Notes as a separate column in the track list in Arrange. Now when the Track Name feature is removed from Logic (unless one has several tracks using the same Channel Strip), an improvement in this area is even more important than before.

If Logic could can show Track notes (or at last the first words/ the text before the first line break) in the Arrange area, the removal of that track name option wouldn't be a big problem.

People may use track names and track notes in different ways, but whichever workflow they have, most users would benefit from being able to see the same text in Arrange as they see in the mixer.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that this should be the default behaviour, but if this option is added, the lack of the L9 track name option will not only be remedied, but the new solution would make more sense (than showing track names in Arrange and track commnets on the Mixer).
Old 16th June 2014
Lives for gear

Logic's Flex feature needs a "Fill Gap" kind if function which at last works as well and sounds as good as ReCycle did 10 years ago, eg. something similar to what this Reaper macro can do: AutoPocket: New Beat Detective clone for Reaper (demo video) - Ultimate Metal Forum
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Suggestion: A super, simple way for users to route a track *directly* to an output during record. I'm talking about activating direct monitoring from within Logic here. (This is a short version of something I've suggested earlier.)

According to Avid, PT HD Native "has extremely elegant low latency monitoring integrated in it—nothing like you see with our M-Audio solutions or from 3rd party companies" - posted in a thread here at Gearslutz.

Logic doesn't have such an elegant, integrated solution.

The main benefit that DSP based PT/Avid has, is that they to a large degree let people work as if they if they simply had a mixer. It seems that, without having to deal with something similar to CueMix or TotalMix, PTHD Native users also can do this, by routing a recording track to a low latency path from the PT software (or maybe even the channel strip) itself.

This should, IMO, also be possible in Logic and be done from the same menu we already use for selecting outputs. By using that menu, the user should be able to select direct monitoring for that track and also choose, from a menu, which output the signal should be routed to. This would both bypass the Software Monitoring path and remote control the routing in the audio interface.
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Idea: a simple way to reset all relevant tempo info for a Flex region... ideally, and if possible: with an option to do this without deleting the Flex markers.

Sometimes, after having fooled around with the Flex options, the region appears to have changed tempo/length. Ideally this shouldn't happen, but Logic doesn't know if there's a situation where this may be the wanted behaviour, so I guess even with Flex improvements there will be situations where a simple reset region tempo/length will be needed - but where one doesn't want to do the flex editing of that region again - especially if it's a long region. Or multiple long regions. This option should IMO exist as a contextual menu option over the region itself.

This could possibly be difficult to implement (?), but a simple way to start dealing with situations like this could be to have a "Re-detect Transient and remove Tempo info" option on a per region basis, maybe with a simpler name ("Reset Flex info for selected region").

Some info is stored in the file itself (tempo/transients) and some in the project (Flex markers). But any kind of emergency command which would help us zero a Flex situation which have gone bad would be great.

A command a la "Remove Flex Markers, Transient Markers and Tempo Events" would need to come with a warning about the risk of affecting other projects using the same file. Maybe a simple "Restore original region length" for Flex files would be helpful as well, or an even simpler "Follow Tempo" on/off button (which already exists for Apple Loops). Anything which would help people who got lost in the Flex process to et back to start would be an improvement.
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

I don't see it mentioned much, and I can't move the Logic X yet...

But has there been any improvement in Logic's Undo system since v9?
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Please add Tabs to the Arrange window (with unique tempo maps). (Another option: allow Stacks to have their own tempo list.) And/or: implement Region Groups, which also would optionally have their own tempo map. Each tab, stack or region group could represent an individual movie cue (this is perfect for working with music to picture).

Arrange Tabs combined with some kind of split screen option in the Arrange area would make working with movie cue a breeze (as long as Logic also would be given the option to work with multiple timelines.

There are many other options as well. One could eg. have several arrange windows, with unique tempo maps... the key ingredient is multiple timelines. Anything which would let us move a section forward or backward in time without losing internal tempo changes – *and* without messing up the relationship between MIDI/automation events/the bar/grid would be a massive improvement.

Such a feature wouldn't only be brilliant for dealing with movie cues, but for other kinds of work as well (like editing/rearranging a song which contains "complicated" situations like tempo changes, flexed regions, some regions with Follow Tempo set to On while others are set to off etc, Beat Mapped areas which have caused tempo changes and so on... Such a functionality old also be brilliant when making audiobooks.

It would actually be brilliant with both Tabs in Arrange and Region Groups.

None of these solutions would require reloading of EXS or Kontakt samples, which can be a problem if you have to save each movie cue a a separate project.

And – if independent "Arrange Tabs" either would exist as a separate global track or as a subfeature of eg the Arrange Track (or the Marker Track), the UI would be a total no brainer. Just drag the Tab to where you want it (and, add an offset if needed).

Tabs would have to be overlap-able, and contain their own timeline/tempo list. This would mean that each Tab could start from it's own, 'local' bar position ( eg 1.1.1.1) which could be located to any time position - and would stick to that 'local' bar position even after after was moved. Moving that section back or forth in time would not affect the timing of any of the other cues/tabs. A (horizontal) split screen would let us look at several cues at the same time, and edit one cue while eloping t the positions of the regions in the other cue.
Old 18th June 2014
Gear Nut

I want keys I play on my midi keyboard to be highlighted in the piano roll . Just like every other DAW out there.

I thought it was standard DAW stuff until I moved to logic. C'mon really.....?
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Different options for the GUI. Black background is outrageously stupid. You know those web pages that have black background and white letters? They are impossible to read. Could you imagine a word processor with a black background and white letters? And the people who have those web pages are invariably idiots. Apple is showing just how superficial and out of touch they are. People use the software to WORK. It is not for the greater glory of a bunch of dorks in Silicon Valley. What a joke. Black background. Do you think the next OS will be all black with white letters??? Hell No. But Apple doesn't give a **** about music producers. Black looks so cool. For about 60 seconds. APPLE=TOY COMPANY run by rtrds
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

There is a simple Logic X MOD that solves that. Takes 30 seconds to do it.
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phas3d View Post
There is a simple Logic X MOD that solves that. Takes 30 seconds to do it.
If it does, why is the YouTube video which explains how to do it 10 minutes long? ;-) Logic Pro X Themes - YouTube

Even if it would take only 30 seconds, one would still need to figure out what to do in those 30 seconds. How long does it take to figure that out, and re-figure that out after a new Logic version has been released?

Bottom line: There's no excuse for not having brightness/contrast control in Logic, and possibly a option to have better control over font sizes in the track list etc. I like the new look, but with so many complaints about contrast/darkness etc, built-in themes or at least ways to get some control over the darkness seems quite important for Logic 11.
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

A major wish for Logic 11: Proper implementation of the so far half baked Articulation ID solution.

The most important thing for me when it comes to articulation IDs, after having spent a lot of time learning (and teaching) Logic for the last 20+ years, is a solution which does not stop the inspiration when it arrives, and which is implemented in a way which means that there's a little as possible to learn. When working with samples, the only way to emulate realism is usually to use a lot samples; samples which can be controlled by velocity, the mod wheel etc.

For those who don't know already: "Articulation ID" is a term which is used when one switches between samples, each variation of a sample (or articulation) gets it's own "ID". Switching between different variations of samples is as relevant in the piano roll editor as it is in the score editor.

The easiest way I can think of is a combination of the following solutions, which (important!) should work in all songs without having to import scripts, environment objects etc:

• The ability to to add a word (eg. "Pizz") in score, and use that as a method to change to a pizzicato version articulation of,say, a viola sample.

• One should be able 1) to select any amount of notes in any editor, and then 2) select articulations (by name, eg "Pizzicato") from a submenu.

• Apple already has some kind of Articulation Protocol, since Logic X now has limited support for switching between Articulation IDs. It should be able for 3rd part sample libraries to implement support for this protocol - and probably is already. Even more important: Someone (read: Apple) should create or "officially" follow one standard for how to switch between articulations.

• Re. the above: A standard is already suggested for string libraries: UACC – A NEW PROPOSED STANDARD. If all sample library would offer support for one standard (possibly in addition to their own), one could switch between eg string samples from Vienna, Spitfire, AudioBro etc without having to reprogram the articulation IDs (other than nuances to make things sound better).

• Logic should offer ability to switch to any articulation with a key command, a mod wheelMIDI key or other MIDI controller during playback.

• Custom options. One can add eg. a trill symbol to a note, but there are many ways to play trills and other ornaments. Therefore, it would be great if on could synchronise what we look at in the score editor with what we hear during playback by being able to record or program a custom trill into a note when needed. This could eg. be done in the Note Attributes window, if it contained a record button or a mini event list.

There are things to consider as well, especially until all developers hopefully will support one protocol.

Many users use sounds from several libraries. Therefore, the optimum solution would be to allow articulation sets on a per channel strip basis. This means that in the Arrange window, where we now can select score style, we should also be able to eg. select "Articulation Set: VSL 1." (This should also be selectable from within the score editor).

Future versions of Logic should IMO come with preinstalled presets for how various major labels deal with changing articulations on the fly, with option for users to modify these or create new ones. AFAIK, Cubase already does this.
Again - these ideas are relevant for all kinds of libraries and for all editors, not only string libraries, and not only in the score editor.

There are various 3rd part solutions (made by eg Peter Schwarz or Pete Thomas, or this one: | LOGIC X TOOLKIT PRO | ) – in lack of a built in and more user friendly solution.

Cubase is ahead of Logic in this area (see the links below), and although there are some Logic users who are OK with cumbersome and time-consuming solutions, nothing can beat a built in, proper support for articulation IDs. LPX already has code which allows multiple/different articulations to be used on the same track and MIDI channel, simultaneously (!), but good, ready-to-use user interface and a unified standard is missing.

This is what Steinberg has done so far,and this is even before their dedicated score editor is out...
Expression Maps for VST Expression
VST Expression
VST Expression Maps for Cubase 5 - YouTube
Using Expression Maps in Cubase 7 (Basics) Part 1 - YouTube
Old 19th June 2014
Gear Head

My dream logic pro 11 would be

- Revamp ESX sampler, to include all current features, modernize GUI, and show the waveform somehow within the plug, kind of like a hardware sampler does.
- I think its about time Logic included a form of NIs battery or Ableton lives drum rack, for easy quick drag and drop functionalities, maybe combine this idea with updated ESX?
- be able to transpose each audio region within the region editor, would love to not open a plug or use flex pitch for CERTAIN things, overall I feel this would just save a lot of time.
- I want to be able to size each channel in the mixer, I mean we are in the day of age when the new mac pro has 6 thunderbolt connections, one can have a lot of screens, would love to be able to widen some tracks that I have a lot of focus on, (If i were to have one of those new mac pros, I dont, but we gotta have dreams right?)
- This is more Apple than Logic Pro X, however, TOUCH SCREEN, I collabed with my friend the other day who uses FL studio and a touch screen computer, and must I say, WOW. I hope apple gets into touch screens, I guess If I was stunting I could just get the Raven touch screen, but im not :-(. I just cant wait for DAW's to literally become hands on.
- better connectivity of logic remote for iPad. (would be cool to see some more features, love it no matter what tho!)
- More colors for the GUI, I really like the ability to color all my waveforms and tracks so easily, however, I dislike how there are three shades of each color and how you cant tell most of those shades apart if your brightness is all the way down (I make a lot of stuff while im mobile, saves a lot of battery in the process)
- More icons, whyd all my favorite icons from LP 9 disappear, I was able to uniquely identify certain hardware instruments, now a days, I usually end up using 3 of each icon because there so little lack of choice, and LPX team has made it very hard to add more icons for tracks.
- Multiple Ipad connections to LPX, (dont know if this is currently possible) but it would be really cool to have 4 ipads to use as control surfaces for mixing and such.
Old 19th June 2014
Here for the gear

- Various types of signal followers combined with OSC-based cross-track parameter control.

- MIDI takes comping.

- Nestable summing stacks.

- Region-based (MIDI, effect, etc) plugins.
Old 19th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
If it does, why is the YouTube video which explains how to do it 10 minutes long? ;-) Logic Pro X Themes - YouTube
It takes less than 10 minutes for me to write directions.

1 Download the custom grey light from here THEMES UPDATED TO 10.0.7 (latest updates: ru2b12, Blue Grey, Ramses) (latest new themes: Custom Grey Light, Moonlight) | Logic X Interface Mods

2 Right click Logic in the applications folder and select show package contents.

3 Open the folder. Then open the Frameowrks folder.

4 Backup MAResources.frameowork.

5 Open it. Then open the Versions folder. Open the A folder. And drag MAResourcesMapping.plist inside the Resources folder.

6 now you can wear sunglasses and still work with Logic Pro X. heh

Of course I would have preferred some preferences in Logic for that too. Then again there are some great themes out there that would never have existed if people didn't mess with this.
Old 20th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of course I would have preferred some preferences in Logic for that too. Then again there are some great themes out there that would never have existed if people didn't mess with this.
OK, but these themes won't disappear even if Logic 11 gets some preferences for contrast, brightness and font size. ;-)

Remember that a lot of us don't necessarily want a new theme (personally I'd like both to have several professional looking themes to choose between and pref settings for Logic's look), but simply a way to make things easier on the eye/easier to read and see.
Old 20th June 2014
Lives for gear

What about a junction tool for MIDI events, which works just like the junction tool for regions in the Arrange area? This way, we could grab the junction between two MIDI notes eg in the Piano Roll, and shorten the first one at the same time as we moved the start of the next one. Or vice versa.
Old 20th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Remember that a lot of us don't necessarily want a new theme
That's why I suggested that theme. It doesn't change anything else but the color scheme.
Old 21st June 2014
Lives for gear

More about the 'tabs in the arrange area' idea... This one could become an extremely powerful tool and solve many confusing situations...

Here's an example related to movie work. Imagine a short movie with only three musical themes; Cue 1, Cue 2 and Cue 3. I'll use only MIDI in this simple example:

1) Turn off the metronome, watch the movie, and record a MIDI piano piece while watching Cue 1.
Beat Map this piece so it matches the bar lines.

2) Repeat the same procedure for cue 2 and cue 3.

You are now done recorded three pieces, they are all positioned correctly and fits the bar lines after the beat mapping. So far, so good.

Now, a new version of the movie arrives, and Cue 2 will be moved to a second or two after Cue 1 and will be two seconds longer. There used to be a longer gap between them, but the director is going for a different solution now.

By locking some events you don't want to beat map in LPX (LPX can do this), you can already move melody # 2 to the right place, beat map it again, and make things both sound and look right (except that there's only one 'Bar 1' in the bar line). The result will look bad, because many events won't fir the gris/click anymore.

With a new Cue or Tab feature, one could simply drag a whole section to any desired position (off or on grid), and none of the other cues would be affected - plus, it wouldn't matter if the cue now all of a sudden partially would overlap the previous or next cue or get some new tempo changes or need beat mapping - because that other cue doesn't even know that tempo changes in the cue you work on is being altered/moved.

A "Tab" or "Cue" could also be only one single track,which needs to be isolated from the main tempo map and get it's own (for beat mapping, or adding tempo changes, or for moving it back/forth in the timeline).

So - under the hood, Logic should IMO (invisibly, in the background) allow us to have multiple timelines, just like we can have multiple marker sets. This would let us have two or more songs (or movie cues) inside one project. Moving one of them leftwards or rightwards wouldn't effect the timing/tempo/position etc of the other songs(s). This is perfect for working with sound to picture and in *many* other situations, and could be implemented in a really user friendly way.

However - I don't think the average user want to think of "multiple timelines".

But if he could tell Logic that a given area (say, everything inside marker 5), should be an 'independent cue', or an 'independent element', it would live it's own life (and have it's own grid and set of tempo changes). If a movie director wanted some empty space between two tied musical elements inside a certain cue, I could move one of them and get no surprises with Flex, internal tempo changes, or position of earlier/later cues, because each cue had it's own tempo list and time signature list.

We need a solution where cues can overlap each other. Sometimes I need eg a marimba arpeggio from Cue 5 continue into, and overlap, a string section starting in Cue#6 without tweaking the tempi (if they originally were different from each other). One way to deal with this could be that users could assign tracks (and not markers or horizontal sections) to a separate tab or cue.

This way, I could assign eg. tracks 12-18 to an independent tab (which could have it's own name), and each cue could overlap each other with no hassle + keep their original timing and tempo changes (and grid alignment) without the user having to deal with anything else than telling Logic that 'these tracks are now assigned to "Cue#5".

A third option would be to assign Stacks, and not tracks to 'independent cues/timelines'.

The simplest and most powerful solution I can think of is independent tabs in Arrange - which have their own timeline and time signature set. The tabs could appear just like tabs appear in Safari, but with a way to split the Arrange area in two: this way, I could look at and edit two overlapping cues at the same time. This possibly means that the tabs should appear next to each other vertically, and not horizontally. This solution be combined with the idea about separate stacks for separate cues.

One reason we need separate 'cues'/tabs is that MIDI and audio behaves differently. An entire audio file already has it's own, fixed 'clock' (if it isn't in Follow Tempo mode), while each MIDI note relates to tempo changes (unless they are locked to time code). This may cause unwanted results, but separate "cues" or tabs would solve many such problems in a no-brainer way. Again, remember that a Tab could have only one independent track. So even if you don't work with movies: if track 7 is out of time since you did some beat mapping stuff in track 6, just Undo and make one of the tracks an independent tab before you try again. This single feature could remove a lot of confusion in processes which today are complicated.
Old 21st June 2014
Lives for gear

Apple, please buy Magix and have a pair of linked pro apps - Logic and Samplitude. It was the plan just before Apple bought emagic.

The two programs could be designed to run at the same time with Logic for the composition side and Samplitude for the audio mixing, editing, mastering side.

Combine the assets from YellowTools with the ESX24 and you could have a brilliant new sampling standard for Logic. Add the Redmatica assets to the fullest extent.

Apple could also acquire Algorithmix for their high-end EQs and fold those products into Samplitude.

....one can wish....
Old 22nd June 2014
Gear Nut
- I wish i'd get a cool hardware controller for internal and external plugins
- The audio engine must be better
- the limitation of the AU standard must overhauled
- A toolbox, for users to write their own Midi Editor/Librarians (Sounddesigner light )
- Don't concentrate on PLUGINS!!! Everybody can buy millions of them.
- It would be cool to have DSP hardware to build up powerfull systems

@Apple: Contact me, I have a bunch of great ideas I wouldn't post here heh
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search