The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
I wonder if we'll see a Logic update tomorrow, the day before Winter NAMM 2018. This month last year, Logic got an update the day before NAMM 2017. We'll soon find out!
Most likely. From memory, they started that with Logic 9.1 when Apple wasn't exhibiting at NAMM anymore and tried to pull some attention with the NAMM debut. Probably 10.4 tomorrow. Now what will be the minimum requirements for 10.4? Probably Sierra. But nobody ever knows for sure with Apple

KA
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
Most likely. From memory, they started that with Logic 9.1 when Apple wasn't exhibiting at NAMM anymore and tried to pull some attention with the NAMM debut. Probably 10.4 tomorrow. Now what will be the minimum requirements for 10.4? Probably Sierra. But nobody ever knows for sure with Apple

KA
Yes. And they need to cut that requirement bs out! Stop using a daw to push your OS from now on. We could care less.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

KA
Sierra seems to be the Mountain Lion, however, of Days of the Future Past.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
Sierra seems to be the Mountain Lion, however, of Days of the Future Past.
I'll sure hang in there for as long as I can.

KA
Old 24th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Most likely. From memory, they started that with Logic 9.1 when Apple wasn't exhibiting at NAMM anymore and tried to pull some attention with the NAMM debut. Probably 10.4 tomorrow. Now what will be the minimum requirements for 10.4? Probably Sierra. But nobody ever knows for sure with Apple KA
Old 25th January 2018
Lives for gear

Well, 10.4 is here with many requests fulfilled.

Logic Pro X 10.4 release notes - Apple Support
Old 25th January 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Well, 10.4 is here with many requests fulfilled.

Logic Pro X 10.4 release notes - Apple Support
...And you've just finish your review of Logic's effects.
Now you need to add a new ones, too

'Just kidding, I am really enjoying reading your stuff (and commenting, I am fujix, btw )

Stay cool and sorry for little off topic
Old 25th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
Just a little reminder: There are three polls about Logic (11) wishes on this forum. I'm sure people from Apple check these polls from time to other. So by voting, you have a chance to contribute to get your fav. missing feature suggestions up among the most-voted-for request.

Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part one
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part two
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part THREE
I think these wishilists need to be edited because we've received so many of the requests in 10.4!

Also, I think of the wishlists had anything to do with the requests being fulfilled, I'm thankful that NativeAudio put in the time and effort to create them!
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by euph0ric View Post
...And you've just finish your review of Logic's effects.
Now you need to add a new ones, too

'Just kidding, I am really enjoying reading your stuff (and commenting, I am fujix, btw )

Stay cool and sorry for little off topic
I'm already working on adding the new stuff...

And yeah... feeling pretty stupid about that. I knew there was an update probably coming (normal with winter namm), but it just didn't connect in my brain.

Anyway, it'll be updated and extended

(and hello!)
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

System requirements. I keep seeing El Capitan but something tells me that’s wrong
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear
I noticed the undo mixer moves!!!! Woohoo! Any word wether you can move tracks around in the mixer window?
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
I noticed the undo mixer moves!!!! Woohoo! Any word wether you can move tracks around in the mixer window?
Can't move them in the mixer window (yet?).
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

Logic Pro X Manual

There's lots of stuff requested here that as pointed out does exist - I recommend everyone download the Logic Pro X and Plugin & Instrument manuals in iBooks and search for features just to be sure - great offline resource with loads of valuable stuff and very nicely written. Really how to do you keep things simple but powerful? That's the challenge for every software and UI developer
Maybe feature requests for how to present and organise features could be useful to the dev

See screenshots as example
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-shot1.png   Logic 11 - what do you want?-shot2.png  
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant View Post
There's lots of stuff requested here that as pointed out does exist
I think this happens in all such threads. But remember that this thread was started in 2014, so if you read through the whole thread, you'll also come across wishes that weren't implemented when they were written, but which are implemented now.

Btw, since you posted a ext about the freeze function in Logic - a better freeze function (which also unloads samples and instruments to free up memory) has gotten a lot closer to the top of my won wish list after the 10.4 release. Having said that, there are more goodies in 10.4 than I was expecting...IMO it's clearly the most interesting release in several years.
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

El Capitan is not downloading it but it says 10.11 in the requirements.
Old 29th January 2018
Gear Nut

After spending all day trying to get Logic to store all the samples on my external disc (i.e. broken aliases, logic re-downloading the content every time I open, symbolic links, terminal etc) wouldn't it be nice if logic just asked you when doing the installation where to put the files like other sensible programs do?
Old 29th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkennaFuNkEn View Post
El Capitan is not downloading it but it says 10.11 in the requirements.
Logic Pro X - Technical Specifications - Apple

"Minimum System Requirements
macOS 10.12 or later
4GB of RAM
OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
256MB of VRAM
Logic Pro X requires 6GB of disk space for a minimum installation or up to 63GB of disk space for the full Sound Library installation
To use Logic Remote, you need an iPhone 6s, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, or later with iOS 11."
Old 30th January 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
Yeah. I think the Piano Roll is now considered the new step sequencer in most DAWs. Personally I'm fine with that and Logic has the HyperEdit (also called Step Edit) window anyway which is probably the most badass drum/midi/automation editing view in existence. You can do crazy trills, pitch bends, etc with ease compared to the Piano Roll imo. it just takes some setting up which can be tedious at times.
The step editor is nearly it, but you have to configure it manually to get it near where it needs to be. Most drum software has one built in, but having it built in to the DAW is much more flexible. What you need is steps that can be set quickly to every division you want, and then MIDI notes assigned to the grid with the name of the individual drums, and all unused notes hidden. Others are able to achieve it through "drum maps" that label notes with names and then show the needed notes automatically on the grid.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search