The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

How many people already mentioned bug fixes? Like, the "long filename bug" that's been with us since 5.5. Sync screen with with music/latency compensation for graphics, this is, like, really nice if you have to draw automation.
Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
How many people already mentioned bug fixes? Like, the "long filename bug" that's been with us since 5.5. Sync screen with with music/latency compensation for graphics, this is, like, really nice if you have to draw automation.
Your authoritative tone almost makes the verbiage sound authoritative. Not quite.
Old 27th November 2017
Gear Head
The ability to order channel strips and buses in the mixer view
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

The ability to order channel strips and buses in the mixer view anyway you want yes agreed. Should of been available years go. As well as ability to view all tracks vertically by name like PT and Cubase actually most DAWS can.
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

Just a little reminder: There are three polls about Logic (11) wishes on this forum. I'm sure people from Apple check these polls from time to other. So by voting, you have a chance to contribute to get your fav. missing feature suggestions up among the most-voted-for request.

Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part one
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part two
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part THREE
Old 28th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
Just a little reminder: There are three polls about Logic (11) wishes on this forum. I'm sure people from Apple check these polls from time to other. So by voting, you have a chance to contribute to get your fav. missing feature suggestions up among the most-voted-for request.

Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part one
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part two
Favourite Logic Pro wishes, part THREE
Thanks. Voted
Old 28th November 2017
1. Third party plugins to display EQ curve preview, and compressor gain reduction on channel strips. One should be able to define a default EQ and compressor other than Logic stock plugins that opens when double clicking the EQ window, or the gain reduction area in the channelstrip.

2. Midi FX plugin slot multi-out instrument AUX channels. Particularly useful for those of us who use templates with VE Pro, and articulation switching via midi scripts.

3. Disable/deactivate Plugin feature. Particularly useful with higher latency plugins on buses, where a simple bypass doesn’t bypass the latency, and where low-latency mode is too drastic. Also good for temporarily unloading high RAM usage channels

4. Multiple surround outputs. Useful when printing surround stems onto another recorder. While there can be currently multiple surround buses, there is only one surround output.
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

"3. Disable/deactivate Plugin feature. Particularly useful with higher latency plugins on buses, where a simple bypass doesn’t bypass the latency, and where low-latency mode is too drastic. Also good for temporarily unloading high RAM usage channels"
+1
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

I must've missed it in those polls, but as a longtime Logic user (from the 'C-Lab Notator' days), my NUMBER 1 wishlist item is still: ALLOW MIDI VOLUME TO CONTROL INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS OF A MULTITIMBRAL VI (the same way you do with MIDI 'multi-instruments'!!!!)

That feature is so basic and so overdue it boggles my tiny little mind.

And I sure wish they'd bring back the 'Link View' window system, so I could have one mixer view tied to my headphone feeds, without disrupting my other 'main mixer' view of the current channels I'm working on. It's crazy that the window system was better and more powerful in Logic 7 than it is in Logic X.
Old 20th December 2017
Lives for gear

The sampler needs some live editing features. A piece that could provide creative input to building ideas, in the idea of visual + controls for sample lengths , starting points etc. I'd like to see some tools that were inspiring to use as a creative generator similar to some in LIVE or other groovebox oriented machines. It seems the GUI on many of their instruments are too weird for me, so I use mostly third party instruments. Maybe their could be a more user friendly Ultrabeat/EXS 24 hybrid?

I would also like some improvements in changing tempos easier without having to mess with a lot of time stretch features.
Old 20th December 2017
Lives for gear

I would like an easy way to set project start and end markers which automatically populate as the defaults in the bounce dialog.

I would like the amp models to have consistent volume. I sometimes get about a 25 db volume drop... sometimes it goes away when I close and reopen the model or toggle the bypass setting twice.

There should be better ways of handling project files to avoid corruption and to automatically detect and fix it if it occurs.
Old 21st December 2017
Lives for gear

* Atmos support

* Customizable mixer set-up (Cubase is so far ahead in terms of customization)
Old 21st December 2017
Haven’t read all posts but isn’t the whole moving tracks, editing in the arrange mode very difficult. Tracks jumping around and changing size. Very hard to do stuff sometimes
Old 22nd December 2017
all I want is better editing in arrangement view like pro tools, studio one or ableton live. at the moment this is so cumbersome that at least for me its just a struggle every time I try to work on a project in logic (and the only reason I keep going back to live for producing and only doing mixing in logic most of the time...) apple I really hope you are scrolling through this thread . otherwise its great for me.
Old 6th January 2018
Gear Addict

Ic loud

I'd love Apple to allow Logic users to share audio and midi files through apple's iCloud.
There doesn't appear to be a way to do this so I have to use Dropbox.
Not a major game changer, but something that could make a difference for those that collaborate with other Logic users.
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
all I want is better editing in arrangement view like pro tools, studio one or ableton live. at the moment this is so cumbersome that at least for me its just a struggle every time I try to work on a project in logic (and the only reason I keep going back to live for producing and only doing mixing in logic most of the time...) apple I really hope you are scrolling through this thread . otherwise its great for me.
What's wrong with Logic's editing? Seriously, what does it not do? Last time I checked a Presonus video, they advertized loads of 'new' editing features that Logic has been doing for years. Genuinely intrigued by your comment...

KA
Old 6th January 2018
Lives for gear
Logic could definitely use smoother waveforms in the main edit window. For some reason when you go into the file editor there are smooth waveforms I dont understand why they cant do that in the main edit window.
Old 7th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by loaf View Post
Tap tempo
?? It has always been there since I think the Emagic Logic Notator days. Just assign a key command.
Old 7th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaf View Post
Tap tempo
?

YouTube
Old 17th January 2018
gti
Gear Head
Smile Push X

Push X for Logic.

Logic 11 - what do you want?-push-x.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-push-x.jpg  
Old 18th January 2018
Gear Addict

!) Step Sequencer for drum programming.
2) Meldoyne ARA integration.

Every modern DAW should have these two things.
Old 19th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Randomness_ View Post
!) Step Sequencer for drum programming.
2) Meldoyne ARA integration.

Every modern DAW should have these two things.
Ultra beat has one. Its not that useful for me though, as I use EXS for most of my drum programming. I guess the PIANO roll is my step sequencer...
Old 19th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobian View Post
Ultra beat has one. Its not that useful for me though, as I use EXS for most of my drum programming. I guess the PIANO roll is my step sequencer...

Yeah. I think the Piano Roll is now considered the new step sequencer in most DAWs. Personally I'm fine with that and Logic has the HyperEdit (also called Step Edit) window anyway which is probably the most badass drum/midi/automation editing view in existence. You can do crazy trills, pitch bends, etc with ease compared to the Piano Roll imo. it just takes some setting up which can be tedious at times.
Old 20th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
Logic is so old and so full of feature that people have no idea that most of the feature requests they have for Logic are already and have been there for years. It's just that type of application. I think the issue is that this stuff is hidden away in some command function somewhere or some obscure editor that newer user can't find them.

In that respect my biggest wish is for a more intuitive approach for Logic to expose these features. Studio One for example lets you tap tempo by just tapping on the time indicator in the transport bar. Ableton has a button prominently displayed, etc.

Logic is a DAW that still surprises me with how much stuff it can do. It just needs to be a bit more intuitive about it.
Old 22nd January 2018
Lives for gear

If Logic can announce deep integration with Softube's Console One then I'll stick around but if not then I'm moving over to Cubase 9.5.
Old 22nd January 2018
Gear Addict

Volume slider undos in the mixer is one feature that would come in handy. I’m sure this has already been mentioned.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
Logic is so old and so full of feature that people have no idea that most of the feature requests they have for Logic are already and have been there for years. It's just that type of application. I think the issue is that this stuff is hidden away in some command function somewhere or some obscure editor that newer user can't find them.

In that respect my biggest wish is for a more intuitive approach for Logic to expose these features. Studio One for example lets you tap tempo by just tapping on the time indicator in the transport bar. Ableton has a button prominently displayed, etc.

Logic is a DAW that still surprises me with how much stuff it can do. It just needs to be a bit more intuitive about it.
I completely agree, tap tempo is needlessly convoluted for what should be a simple process. These features need to be simplified so they are easily accessible.

Also I don't like the fact that I have to cut the audio for region gain, I think it should be a simple marquee highlight-then gain change with perhaps a different colour shade on the region with a fader added like Pro Tools for the gained section.

Last edited by H-Rezz; 23rd January 2018 at 11:12 AM..
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlanephil View Post
Volume slider undos in the mixer is one feature that would come in handy. I’m sure this has already been mentioned.
Yeah - Cubase 9.5 has this. It's called "Mix Console History" which is very cool. You can basically undo any parameter adjustment you make in the mix but without affecting your VST's or anything you do with the arrangement...The idea being that you can crazy on your mix and not worry about messing it up because you can go back undo it. It's very hard for me to think of working this way after 20 years of always saving a new mix as a new song version but I'm trying to remember that it's there.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear
Hmmm....

I wonder if we'll see a Logic update tomorrow, the day before Winter NAMM 2018. This month last year, Logic got an update the day before NAMM 2017. We'll soon find out!
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Please don’t talk about removing features. Y’all the ones responsible for my favorite features gone for no reason let’s add and fix not remove. My biggest gripe with logic is the PRE-FADER bus. It’s not actually a prefader. Tuning audio on the fly via inspector UNSTEPPED, and in real-time, with quality and more algorithms for that. I know logic is famous for adding features that don’t work correctly. 32 bits!!!! please please please please please please update LOGIC AND EXS24! So I can use 32bit samples. It’s 2018. Other daws have been on this a DECADE ago. Please allow me to manipulate samples with “create a sample track with this audio” doesn’t allow Looping... why who knows. Allow the ability to stretch and shorten samples within exs24 like ableton and FL studio... with good quality, if you’re gonna add it with low quality please don’t bother. please please please stop converting the audio files in the preview window. Samples are at different sample rates so dictating in the preview is useless!!! Just ask us if we want to convert it to session parameters once we decide that’s the sample we want to drag in!!!! If you’re not updating exs24 you MIGHT need a new sampler that works like ableton and FL for drums. The other drum sampler you have is very awkward and not fast, and the GUI is horrendous. Simple GUIs for utility work goes a loooooong way. Maybe keep ultra beat and just add something more in line with today’s apps. Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search