The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 16th October 2017
Snappier....I want the plugin menu to show up as fast as in Pro Tools. Always feel that Logic is lagging. Its better in Logic 10.3.2
Old 16th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias78 View Post
Snappier....I want the plugin menu to show up as fast as in Pro Tools. Always feel that Logic is lagging. Its better in Logic 10.3.2
+1

And the same for the automation paramater list. It takes "ages".
Old 16th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia View Post
+1

And the same for the automation paramater list. It takes "ages".
Amen
Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

32bit non-truncated dither-free audio export.
Old 18th October 2017
Here for the gear

I really, REALLY hope they support 360 degree videos, and ambisonic mixing. I know they have a binaural audio plugin already, but it's woefully inadequate.
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
Just before you create the summing stack set the output of the tracks to the AUX that you want to use. Create the summing stack. Poof - pre-existing AUX for the summing stack.
Thanks!

Some more:
There needs to be a way to store external instrument profiles, with midi cc mapping. I'm tired of needing to dig through the manual when wanting to automate external hardware.

In the midi editor for a region and at the track automation level, there should be a way to rename or add a name to a cc parameter.

The cc menu in the region midi editor should show you which cc lanes have data in them - a check or something next to the name of the parameter, as with plugins and the track-level midi automation. As it is now you have to remember or check the step editor.
Old 19th October 2017
Here for the gear

EXS Meta Data

It would be really nice the EXS Sampler to the next century. A better browser for finding EXS instruments, ability to add meta tags and comments to the the EXS instruments. There is a lot more to making music than Apple Loops.

That said Im slowly moving all my EXS stuff to Kontakt anyway.
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear

The main thing I'd like in Logic 11 is... LOGIC 11!!

That and a proper headphone/control-room mixing section, as well as phase and gain adjustments standard on every channel without having to add a 'GAIN' plugin.

And of course, my longest wish-list item ever, the ability to send individual channels of MIDI volume on the sub-channels of a multi-timbral VI. This feature is about 10 years overdue, if not more.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Nut

Jazz drums for drummer track. Also that it will be compatible with Sierra.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac

1. A drum editor that can be used with 3rd party drum VIs like Perfect Drums
2. Multiband splitting for each channel strip
3. Metal drums for Logic Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
4. ARA support for Melodyne
5. Improved Flex Time & Pitch algorithms
6. Sansamp Bass Driver DI emulation for Bass Amp Designer
7. A simple way to apply plugins to an input channel and record with them destructively
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marantos Music View Post
I really, REALLY hope they support 360 degree videos, and ambisonic mixing. I know they have a binaural audio plugin already, but it's woefully inadequate.
Well, they have a big update of Final Cut coming which incorporates 360 degree video, so maybe they will take this into Logic too? Wouldn't surprise me, it is the buzz of the moment.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtoonz View Post
That and a proper headphone/control-room mixing section, as well as phase and gain adjustments standard on every channel without having to add a 'GAIN' plugin.
yes! I'm putting now gain plugin on (almost) every damned channel.
Old 1st November 2017
Gear Addict
Update EXS so it can take Kontakt instruments, make the editing more like Protools, and get rid of that stupid CPU overload spike bug!!!!!
Old 3rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcefor View Post
Update EXS so it can take Kontakt instruments, make the editing more like Protools, and get rid of that stupid CPU overload spike bug!!!!!
An EXS that is cpu hungry? No thanks. The beauty of the EXS is that you can run heaps of them without a hickup.
Old 3rd November 2017
Gear Maniac

A cheap upgrade from L9 would be nice . . .
Old 4th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS37 View Post
A cheap upgrade from L9 would be nice . . .
Logic Pro X came out in 2013 that is over 4 years ago. It was $199 (no upgrade back then either). Since then it had major updates with tons of adding new stuff, all for free.

It won't get cheaper than that.
Old 7th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
Logic Pro X came out in 2013 that is over 4 years ago. It was $199 (no upgrade back then either). Since then it had major updates with tons of adding new stuff, all for free.

It won't get cheaper than that.
It can never be cheap enough, until it's free

Too many users that don't know the times, when Logic and other DAWs were above 1000 bucks.
Old 7th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Too many users that don't know the times, when Logic and other DAWs were above 1000 bucks
...and only contained a small fraction of the functionality, included products/sounds etc of what it does now. Logic Pro X at $199 is a steal even if you whether you already bought Logic 9 or not.
Old 8th November 2017
Quote:
Too many users that don't know the times, when Logic and other DAWs were above 1000 bucks.
Exactly, kids nowadays don't really appreciate the stuff they have, what amazing things that stuff can do, for a price that is unimaginable.

"Give it a second, it is going to space". Lois CK pretty much summed it up in his oh-so-true assessment of today's generation.
https://vimeo.com/69662330
Old 8th November 2017
Lives for gear

What I want:

- less disruptions with "do you want to close?" - "do you want to save?" - "What instrument do you want to load?" (upon creating a new midi track) - all these popup windows annoy the hell out of me and are one of the reasons why I avoid logic

- quicker way to find plugins, going on this tiny button and going through these huge lists is so annoying as well. Why are ALL DAWs making it so complicated? I'd like to add a plugin to a track as quickly as I can select the color for something in text or design apps. Make a (customizable) palette with icons for plugins, just click on one for adding it. It could be that easy.

- more look&feel options, some of the color choices hurt my eyes, especially that red / grey contrast in the transport field

- Lots more that I don't think about rightnow. In general it should be snappier as said before in this thread, more "focussed" / streamlined (think the feel of ableton - but of course having an option to get all the functionality still)
Old 8th November 2017
Lives for gear
A 24/7 maintenance man for my tape machines
Old 8th November 2017
Gear Maniac
Cheap nowadays

Yes! I remember buying logic 7 with the xs-key thingie for around 900 usd.
Old 8th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
What I want:

- quicker way to find plugins, going on this tiny button and going through these huge lists is so annoying as well. Why are ALL DAWs making it so complicated? I'd like to add a plugin to a track as quickly as I can select the color for something in text or design apps. Make a (customizable) palette with icons for plugins, just click on one for adding it. It could be that easy.

The favorites eased that pain for me A LOT, me as an owner of over 400 plugins. Now with two clicks I load my favorit plugins.
Old 16th November 2017
Lives for gear
I haven't read this entire thread and I apologize if this has been requested before. I'm rather new to logic and was just playing with it while looking at a few vids. Found out what it takes to split a drum track so I can add verb to a snare and not a kick. Seriously? I would think this would be a common operation if not the default. One button for this function, please.
Old 16th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Found out what it takes to split a drum track so I can add verb to a snare and not a kick. Seriously? I would think this would be a common operation if not the default
What???

Are you saying you record your Drums into a multi-channel Audio File that needs to be split when mixing?

I always thought the common operation (If not the default) is to record each microphone on your drum set as a mono file that you feed into a mono Channel Strip that you can add individual reverb or whatever effect to it. Nothing to split here.

Or am I missing something here?
Old 16th November 2017
Lives for gear
Haha! No. I'm talking about the track that Logics drummer generates. It's one file with all the instruments in it and needs to be copied into a new software synth track then split by midi note if you want to process them differently. My bad for not explaining this well.

Quote:
What???

Are you saying you record your Drums into a multi-channel Audio File that needs to be split when mixing?

I always thought the common operation (If not the default) is to record each microphone on your drum set as a mono file that you feed into a mono Channel Strip that you can add individual reverb or whatever effect to it. Nothing to split here.

Or am I missing something here?
Old 16th November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Haha! No. I'm talking about the built-in software "drum machine" they have in Logic (although it's much more). It generates one file with all the instruments in it and needs to be copied into a new software synth track then split by midi note if you want to process them differently.
If you talk about Logic's Drummer, then there is not much more you can wish for regarding the routing.
The Acoustic Drummer can be loaded as so-called Producer Kit with 30+ CHannel Strips of individual Mics and FX
The Drum Machine-based and Percussion-based Drummer also have 30+ sets with individual Channel Strips and nested Aux Groups.

You can export a Drummer Region as individual audio files for the separate Drum Kit Pieces (Kit, Sn, HH, etc), just select them under the SUmming Stack and use the Export n Tracks as Audio Files.

Lots of flexibility with top-notch studio sound and play quality.
Old 16th November 2017
Lives for gear
OOoooooo. Thank you. I apologize for my noobness.

:o)

Quote:
If you talk about Logic's Drummer, then there is not much more you can wish for regarding the routing.
The Acoustic Drummer can be loaded as so-called Producer Kit with 30+ CHannel Strips of individual Mics and FX
The Drum Machine-based and Percussion-based Drummer also have 30+ sets with individual Channel Strips and nested Aux Groups.

You can export a Drummer Region as individual audio files for the separate Drum Kit Pieces (Kit, Sn, HH, etc), just select them under the SUmming Stack and use the Export n Tracks as Audio Files.

Lots of flexibility with top-notch studio sound and play quality.
Old 16th November 2017
Gear Head

Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarelch View Post
What I want:

- less disruptions with "do you want to close?" - "do you want to save?" - "What instrument do you want to load?" (upon creating a new midi track) - all these popup windows annoy the hell out of me and are one of the reasons why I avoid logic

- more look&feel options, some of the color choices hurt my eyes, especially that red / grey contrast in the transport field

- Lots more that I don't think about rightnow. In general it should be snappier as said before in this thread, more "focussed" / streamlined (think the feel of ableton - but of course having an option to get all the functionality still)
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear
Tap tempo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search