The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

I would like Apple to do yearly release dates so we know we are being heard and can expect updates.
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

Every other company has regular role outs Logic users have become used to making excuses for Apple
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Addict
Huh? They have been rolling out regular updates, some with major improvements and new features, for some time now. No need to make excuses for that.
Old 15th June 2017
Lives for gear
The ability to nest track folders and track stacks.
Old 15th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808KickDrum View Post
The ability to nest track folders and track stacks.
At least you can already put Summing Stacks inside Folder Stacks.

But nesting any Stacks inside any other Stacks would be great, However, with Summing Stacks that would get rather complex regarding the bus routing, but "complex" is Logic's middle name, so why not.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
However, with Summing Stacks that would get rather complex regarding the bus routing[/COLOR]
I would love to be able to nest Summing Stacks the way Bitwig can... you just gotta keep track of everything which isn't too big of deal.. for me anyway.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
Wow, what are those bugs you're talking about? I never have any problems with automation, muting stuff and Logic resetting eqs!!! You probably use these in a way I don't so I don't see those. Are those confirmed, documented bugs that everybody have or are they known system-specific issues?

I could write my list of bugs but those 3 you mention never happen on my system. Weird...

KA
The automation bug in Logic X is extremely well documented, and are the entire reason that my studio mixes in PT 12. The other reason is the EQ reset bug... so yes, these are very well documented, very problematic, and absolute deal-breakers when it comes to doing a professional mix down. I have no issues tracking in Logic; I wouldn't trust it to do a mix (right now, at least until those two bugs are remedied).
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
The automation bug in Logic X is extremely well documented, and are the entire reason that my studio mixes in PT 12. The other reason is the EQ reset bug... so yes, these are very well documented, very problematic, and absolute deal-breakers when it comes to doing a professional mix down. I have no issues tracking in Logic; I wouldn't trust it to do a mix (right now, at least until those two bugs are remedied).
Could you please add a link that discusses (or video that shows) the automation and the EQ reset bugs.
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPower View Post
Could you please add a link that discusses (or video that shows) the automation and the EQ reset bugs.
https://tv.hofa.de/en/the-big-logic-...utomation-bug/

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/v...c.php?t=118027

(I'm not sure that this is the bug that's being referenced in this thread.)
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
Just released my CD, "Honestly", that I mixed entirely in Logic and have not seen that here. And a lot of professional mixers, like NYC's Chuck Zwicky, mix in Logic.

Doesn't make you wrong, just saying.
Old 18th June 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks, Edgar- didn't know that summing stacks could go into folders.

The scenario I often experience is having several tracks in a summing stack, then deciding to break out some subset into a different summing stack. There's no easy way to do this as far as I can tell.

I'm a fan of your books! Really helped me get up to speed when I first moved from Live to Logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
At least you can already put Summing Stacks inside Folder Stacks.

But nesting any Stacks inside any other Stacks would be great, However, with Summing Stacks that would get rather complex regarding the bus routing, but "complex" is Logic's middle name, so why not.
Old 24th June 2017
Here for the gear

I will not update because Iam very satisfied with the current version. Iam scared that when I update, my plugins will not work..
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Addict
You shouldn't be so scared. That's very unlikely. I've never had it happen.
Old 29th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonia View Post
I will not update because Iam very satisfied with the current version. Iam scared that when I update, my plugins will not work..
Never happened to me either after upgrading Logic.

Though MacOS updates may cause issues.
Old 29th June 2017
Here for the gear

1. Multiple videos in timeline.

2. Can we stop having to click on windows to move mouse focus.... from mixer, then arrangement, then media panel.... etc.

3. Save as (or Save Copy) with different sample rate and bit depth.
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomix View Post

2. Can we stop having to click on windows to move mouse focus.... from mixer, then arrangement, then media panel.... etc.

3. Save as (or Save Copy) with different sample rate and bit depth.
1. Don't think this will ever happen.
2. Tab key, or shift + Tab to go reverse
3. Don't know

KA
Old 28th August 2017
Gear Nut
- A scribbled variant for score sheets, something more playful
- An open loop for delay to inject other plugins
- An easier way to browse and preview IR in Space Designer
- A revamped Ultrabeat with a new GUI
- A De Expander
Old 28th August 2017
Lives for gear
The most annoying thing to me about logic x is that I occasionally get errors that files are in 8 bit format and cannot be played and sometimes after using flex the file seems to have no audio information and is completely lost.
Old 28th August 2017
One feature request for LPX11 that I haven't seen so far is the improvement of the Bounce Window. WHen you use the Bound command (not the BOunce Button), it always defaults to the Stereo Out. It would be nice to select the Bounce Window the output busses you want to bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808KickDrum View Post
Thanks, Edgar- didn't know that summing stacks could go into folders.

I'm a fan of your books! Really helped me get up to speed when I first moved from Live to Logic.
Glad you liked the books.
Now I have a total of over 1,500 page of pure Logic knowledge combined with all the Logic books in my Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM) series, no matter if you are new to Logic and trying to wrap your head around it, or if you are an advanced user, trying to find the jewels in Logic that you never knew about.
And of course, all this is explained with tons of unique graphics and diagrams not found in any other book and especially not in any YouTube videos.
Old 28th August 2017
Lives for gear
1. Polarity button on every track
2. RMS and peak metering on every track
3. Zoom to playhead option.
Old 28th August 2017
Gear Addict

I'm only starting to understand gain staging and I'm wondering why no DaW has it "built in" as such.

I know we don't want the computers to do all the work etc, but it would be interesting to have an auto gain stage button Not even sure that this is remotely possible
Old 29th August 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomix View Post
That's my dream too!

PTHD does it, Nuendo does it, DP does it (in a different way though cause you can't have them in a single timeline/sequence, but you definitely can have multiple videos within one project). Logic needs to have this functionality. For film music and post this would be heaven!!

Please Apple, do it!!!
Old 29th August 2017
Lives for gear
32 bit VST plugin compatibility, please. I have one that I MUST have and have to jump through digital hoops to use.
Old 31st August 2017
Gear Head

Better MIDI implementation! There is nothing I want to more than this.

I would like to be able to choose a track, set it to a MIDI port / channel corresponding to my instrument (say an external synth) and have it play (either via a controller keyboard or itself). No Logic deciding to intercept MIDI as it sees fit, just that. And this needs to also be possible with multiple people and/or instruments playing at the same time.

I know the environment can in theory do this, but I seem to struggle getting it to work how I'd like (in particular I don't quite understand how to route the MIDI output from Logic). This should be a simple part of the DAW!
Old 31st August 2017
Lives for gear

The ENVIRONMENT please please please do something about the tiny miniscule CLICKS & PORTS user interface.

Oh and can we not have the ability to route a specific MIDI input to a specific MIDI track? So I don't have to set all my gear on unique MIDI channels if I want to record live
Old 11th September 2017
Here for the gear

Redesigned mixer channel meters like in Pro Tools 12 (longer faders and meters), meaning: ∞ to -12dB colour dark green, -12dB to -3dB light green, -3dB orange, 0dB red. Also K12, K14 and K20 metering and few more scales.
Old 12th September 2017
Lives for gear

This is the first time in history where there has been more than 4 years between major Logic updates. So most of all, I just want Logic 11 - because at least in theory, there could be some very useful changes in there.
Old 12th September 2017
Gear Head
1.-Polarity button on each track.
2.-In the mixer channels by colors as in PT.
3.-Signal meters, larger in size.

please.
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
This is the first time in history where there has been more than 4 years between major Logic updates. So most of all, I just want Logic 11 - because at least in theory, there could be some very useful changes in there.
That's just my take on it and it's as good as yours but I don't think we'll see Logic 11 anytime soon. Not sure the old model still holds. Unless they need a massive money grab to fuel development, we'll see 10.4 then 10.5, etc for a while, and always free to current "owners". I don't hate the current model of less new features but well thought-out ones.

If Image-Line can do it with FL Studio, I'm pretty sure Apple can do it. Let's see what the future holds...

KA
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
That's just my take on it and it's as good as yours but I don't think we'll see Logic 11 anytime soon. Not sure the old model still holds. Unless they need a massive money grab to fuel development, we'll see 10.4 then 10.5, etc for a while, and always free to current "owners". I don't hate the current model of less new features but well thought-out ones.

If Image-Line can do it with FL Studio, I'm pretty sure Apple can do it. Let's see what the future holds...

KA
Confused....
Which model are you talking about, and what is it that Image-Line can do?
And, btw, Apple isn't short of money. They could afford investing a lot of cash into making Logic better than all other DAWs out there if they wanted to. The problem with that would be that other companies would probably start to consider not making Mac versions of their DAWs. So Apple has gone to the other extreme instead: to hardly develop Logic at all in certain areas, and it's the same areas that are being ignored year after year.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search