The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 28th September 2016
  #451
Lives for gear
 

If they stick with the schedule, Logic should be around for a while bu they seem to be doing 2 updates per years. They are usually pretty big updates, with features and stuff so I don't care if they stick with Logic X for a while since it has only gotten better since the disaster that was the 10.0 release.
Old 28th September 2016
  #452
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse View Post
If they stick with the schedule, Logic should be around for a while bu they seem to be doing 2 updates per years. They are usually pretty big updates, with features and stuff so I don't care if they stick with Logic X for a while since it has only gotten better since the disaster that was the 10.0 release.
Well the last two updates focused on bug fixes mainly so I think that's a good sign.
Old 29th September 2016
  #453
Here for the gear
 
eser karaca's Avatar
 

1) New Hybrid Audio ENgine ("100% Transparent neutral sounding hybrid audio engine)

2) Region to Place (Multiple regions at time) ctrl+B

3) Realtime fades

4) Realtime Clip/Region insert FX (Multiple support)

5) DDP Export

6) new EXS24 sampler /new GUI with redmetica MAP

7) Audio Warp

8) ARA Melodyne Integration

9) Automation macros like Abletone has (invert, scale, route one lane to several parameters over multiple plugins etc).

10) Sample Rate Conversion of comparable quality to Saracon and Izotope.

11) 4 Point Cutting + better crossfade option
Old 29th September 2016
  #454
Lives for gear
 
frans's Avatar
Bugfixes. And then bring the colours back, expecially also black and white.
Old 30th September 2016
  #455
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eser karaca View Post
1) New Hybrid Audio ENgine ("100% Transparent neutral sounding hybrid audio engine)

2) Region to Place (Multiple regions at time) ctrl+B

3) Realtime fades

4) Realtime Clip/Region insert FX (Multiple support)

5) DDP Export

6) new EXS24 sampler /new GUI with redmetica MAP

7) Audio Warp

8) ARA Melodyne Integration

9) Automation macros like Abletone has (invert, scale, route one lane to several parameters over multiple plugins etc).

10) Sample Rate Conversion of comparable quality to Saracon and Izotope.

11) 4 Point Cutting + better crossfade option
This is an excellent wish list. Doubt all will come into play, but I like them all. Even a 50% hit ratio off these would be simply amazing work done by the Logic crew.
Old 1st October 2016
  #456
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 

I would like to see CamelPhat and CamelSpace implemented.
Old 17th October 2016
  #457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegel View Post
Tab to transient exists already. Dont remember the default hotkey but you can program it in the key commands. Also flex time a loop and just drag it out to end on the barline and it will be in tempo pretty quick. Then just change the tempo to whatever you want.
Geez, I didn't know that! Well, now there's only one thing left that I envy to Pro Tools users: AudioSuite!!!

Thanks for the heads up Diegel!
Old 18th October 2016
  #458
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
You can do that! Select all the regions that you want, then hold shift and control. Drag your mouse to do the fade. It should be applied to all selected regions.
Oh. It was new in Logic X and I never noticed. Thanks! Off the list
Old 2nd May 2017
  #459
Here for the gear
How about loGic accessing ALL of the CPU cores (leveling) simultaneously when recording and playing back software and audio tracks!
Old 2nd May 2017
  #460
Lives for gear
 
IkennaFuNkEn's Avatar
 

undo Fader moves, undo everything, but mostly fader.

Being able to send pre Fader to an aux bypassing plugins on insert

Better grid. The grid is still horrendous. When not set to relativity it should be highly accurate, and when set to relativity, it should also be accurate

Fix automation, for the millionth time

Real time audio manipulation

MONO bounces!

Panning like protools
Old 5th May 2017
  #461
Lives for gear
 

End to last core overload please
Unlink the mixer from the main window still PLEASE REALLY!
Old 5th May 2017
  #462
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_deli View Post
End to last core overload please
Unlink the mixer from the main window still PLEASE REALLY!
Easily import midi files w/tempo info.

In Pro Tools, choose IMPORT MIDI

Dialog: "Import tempo info?"

Choose yes.

Done.


In Logic:

If you have an existing template and want to import a MF for tempo info, good luck.

Open midi file in new session.

Copy all tempo info

Open your desired session

Paste in tempo info

Please. It's 2017.

TH
Old 6th May 2017
  #463
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
Re: Gearslutz Reviews Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Easily import midi files w/tempo info.

In Pro Tools, choose IMPORT MIDI

Dialog: "Import tempo info?"

Choose yes.

Done.


In Logic:

If you have an existing template and want to import a MF for tempo info, good luck.

Open midi file in new session.

Copy all tempo info

Open your desired session

Paste in tempo info

Please. It's 2017.

TH
Perhaps you have some unusual settings in place? Here's the message I always get when importing a MIDI Clip:

Logic 11 - what do you want?-default-5.jpg

Are you looking to import the tempo without changing the Project's? However, if you did you'd have multiple tempos, which of course can be done, though the result could be a wildly shifting Project as seen via Global Settings.

If you do not import the tempo info, the clip will take on the Project's Tempo.

As is, this dialogue box effectively mimics what you state Pro Tools does, and again it always pops up when importing MIDI Clips on my system. You do have to keep in mind that you'll have to place all Audio Clips into FLEX mode if you do change the Project's Tempo. That's just how Logic works, quite differently from Ableton, for instance, and perhaps this is what you are referring to with respect to Pro Tools.

If this is the case, this is a larger issue regarding Logic. Only Audio Apple Loops can change their tempo w/o FLEX, for instance. I use Ableton for most Audio work not involving Apple Loops, not including Tracking as it does not include comping on par with Logic's functionality. However, its WARPing is superior. My general workflow is hybrid, equally including Logic's & Ableton's. I like both quite a bit for different, often complementary, reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-default-5.jpg  
Old 7th May 2017
  #464
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
Perhaps you have some unusual settings in place? Here's the message I always get when importing a MIDI Clip:

Logic 11 - what do you want?-default-5.jpg

Are you looking to import the tempo without changing the Project's? However, if you did you'd have multiple tempos, which of course can be done, though the result could be a wildly shifting Project as seen via Global Settings.

If you do not import the tempo info, the clip will take on the Project's Tempo.

As is, this dialogue box effectively mimics what you state Pro Tools does, and again it always pops up when importing MIDI Clips on my system. You do have to keep in mind that you'll have to place all Audio Clips into FLEX mode if you do change the Project's Tempo. That's just how Logic works, quite differently from Ableton, for instance, and perhaps this is what you are referring to with respect to Pro Tools.

If this is the case, this is a larger issue regarding Logic. Only Audio Apple Loops can change their tempo w/o FLEX, for instance. I use Ableton for most Audio work not involving Apple Loops, not including Tracking as it does not include comping on par with Logic's functionality. However, its WARPing is superior. My general workflow is hybrid, equally including Logic's & Ableton's. I like both quite a bit for different, often complementary, reasons.
Thank you SO MUCH for pointing this out....this is new behavior for Logic as it never used to do this, and there are many posts online about what you have to go through. I even wrote to Apple under Logic Feedback and said PLEASE make this work easier....I didn't see this listed as an improvement in any recent updates so maybe they added it quietly. In any case, yes just tried it and it works.

I wouldn't have tried it though had you not pointed it out....thanks much!!

(PS I was trying to use an existing Logic template and import tempo info only from a midi file).

TH
Old 8th May 2017
  #465
Lives for gear
Not sure if these were added in latest update, but I just want:

Undo/redo fader moves
Ability to fade in/out comp region without going to automation
Ability to rearrange channels (including auxes without having to make them regular tracks) in mixer
Old 8th May 2017
  #466
Gear Addict
 

• An option to sync the editor and arrange views, so that enabling 'catch playhead' in one view automatically enables it in the other. Garageband once had this feature.

•*Horizontal and vertical resizing to be centered on mouse position.
Old 9th May 2017
  #467
Gear Nut
 

A little spot along the side where the lane names are in step editor that I can press that will audition the sound on that lane. Would be very handy when programming drums so I can just hear what a particular piece sounds like instead of having to insert a midi note and then delete it.
Old 9th May 2017
  #468
Lives for gear
 
whinecellar's Avatar
1. Fix the insanely slow GUI. Logic 9 still runs circles around X when it comes to anything graphics related, even on high-end hardware.
2. Restore all functionality to the Project Audio window that was removed in Logic X (the link button, zoom-able waveforms, etc.)
3. Save I/O labels with projects, NOT globally
4. Make plugin windows default to the center of the screen, not the top left (pain in the butt for 4k & large display users)
5. Restore full customizable color palette including black/white/gray
6. Make the Environment usable again - it's buggier than ever, and downright unusable on larger projects with lots of audio objects
6. Allow direct hardware (USB) connection to Logic Remote on iPhone/iPad
Old 11th May 2017
  #469
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
1. Fix the insanely slow GUI. Logic 9 still runs circles around X when it comes to anything graphics related, even on high-end hardware.
2. Restore all functionality to the Project Audio window that was removed in Logic X (the link button, zoom-able waveforms, etc.)
3. Save I/O labels with projects, NOT globally
4. Make plugin windows default to the center of the screen, not the top left (pain in the butt for 4k & large display users)
5. Restore full customizable color palette including black/white/gray
6. Make the Environment usable again - it's buggier than ever, and downright unusable on larger projects with lots of audio objects
6. Allow direct hardware (USB) connection to Logic Remote on iPhone/iPad
Agree with everything you say especially 1.

It's especially shameful given that a third-party DAW (Ableton Live) runs absolutely butter smooth on Retina Display Mac Pro / MBP, whereas it is Apple's in-house DAW that has GUI issues with it's own hardware!
Old 11th May 2017
  #470
Gear Maniac
 
GrabtharsHammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
1. Fix the insanely slow GUI. Logic 9 still runs circles around X when it comes to anything graphics related, even on high-end hardware.
Oh yes. This. ASAP.

And finally a better MIDI drum editor, please. They have already implemented a drum editor, but unfortunately it only works for Logic's buit-in drum kit designer.
Old 11th May 2017
  #471
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinecellar View Post
1. Fix the insanely slow GUI. Logic 9 still runs circles around X when it comes to anything graphics related, even on high-end hardware.
2. Restore all functionality to the Project Audio window that was removed in Logic X (the link button, zoom-able waveforms, etc.)
3. Save I/O labels with projects, NOT globally
4. Make plugin windows default to the center of the screen, not the top left (pain in the butt for 4k & large display users)
5. Restore full customizable color palette including black/white/gray
6. Make the Environment usable again - it's buggier than ever, and downright unusable on larger projects with lots of audio objects
6. Allow direct hardware (USB) connection to Logic Remote on iPhone/iPad
I like these and would add improving FLEX Time such that it's at least close to on par with Ableton's WARPing, both in the Browser and on Tracks. Auditioning, anyone? Slicing, Dicing, Stretching any WAV file in one or two keystrokes or clicks, anyone?

The one good thing Apple Loops have going is the key (note) information, that is when it's there. If you've ever converted Sample Packs via the Loop Utility, you'll know this aspect is almost never included in the output. I'm not referring to Drums. It might have to do with the Metadata, but it's one heck of a selling point if it actually works. It would be great if it could be done with any WAV file without having to go through the conversion process, however. I'd settle for just the Tempo (Time) - based functionality if push came to shove. The crew at Ableton incorporated WARPing how many years ago? Perhaps Apple should just incorporate them. The powers that be like their hardware -- and PUSH would be a natural fit.

Note to the wise: stay away from Bitwig like the plague. Their Time Stretching makes Logic's look like a Walk Down Boardwalk.
Old 11th May 2017
  #472
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

My latest list, echoing some of the sentiments above:
  1. Yes, much faster GUI please!
  2. Make it so flextime doesn't 'pop' or make a noise when it hits a flexed note - you can't hear it on busy passages, but you can on quiet intros etc
  3. Reduce memory 'leak'/usage of flextime! It's used up to 64GB before...
  4. Make I/O plugin not load up the last core
  5. Optimise CPU/core distribution, easing the load from master bus would be especially lovely
  6. Any CPU optimisations @ 96KHz would be welcome!
  7. Add 'frequency hunter' option to channel EQ
  8. Add a way to change clip gain with a key/mouse drag command instead of having to mouse over to the inspector to change clip gain
  9. Make it easier to bounce in MONO
  10. Yes, direct USB iPad connection for Logic remote would be amazing!
  11. Realtime bounce in place for tracks that use the I/O plugin OR the external instrument plugin

Cheers,

Ed
Old 13th May 2017
  #473
Gear Addict
 

My list:

- Bounce to mono
- Support to multiple videos in a single session like PTHD and Reaper
- Ability to trim videos like PTHD
- Proper support to quad tracks and surround so VR and 360 audio can become practical in Logic
- Better performance. Reaper is crushing Logic when one tries to run, let's say, Acqua plugins...
- Better core distribution. The one core issue has been going on since forever
- Drag sample to create instrument track a la Cubase 9
- Revamped EXS24, a long overdue one
- Last but not least, bring back grey, white and black to the colour pallette!
Old 13th May 2017
  #474
Lives for gear
 
nativeaudio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
- Last but not least, bring back grey, white and black to the colour pallette!
Or even better: bring back user definable colours.
Old 30th May 2017
  #475
Gear Head
 

1. Trim/Read mode for volume automaiton (like implemented in reaper). Where the fader mimics the trim field for volume automation. Thus, one can trim the level of automation using faders and not with the trim field.
2. Something like control room in cubase. So you can insert some plugins that are ignored during bouncing.
Old 30th May 2017
  #476
Was this posted already? I guess...

Alternatives for the mixer only.
Old 31st May 2017
  #477
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
My latest list, echoing some of the sentiments above:
  1. Yes, much faster GUI please!
  2. Make it so flextime doesn't 'pop' or make a noise when it hits a flexed note - you can't hear it on busy passages, but you can on quiet intros etc
  3. Reduce memory 'leak'/usage of flextime! It's used up to 64GB before...
  4. Make I/O plugin not load up the last core
  5. Optimise CPU/core distribution, easing the load from master bus would be especially lovely
  6. Any CPU optimisations @ 96KHz would be welcome!
  7. Add 'frequency hunter' option to channel EQ
  8. Add a way to change clip gain with a key/mouse drag command instead of having to mouse over to the inspector to change clip gain
  9. Make it easier to bounce in MONO
  10. Yes, direct USB iPad connection for Logic remote would be amazing!
  11. Realtime bounce in place for tracks that use the I/O plugin OR the external instrument plugin

Cheers,

Ed
Really good points, also from other users. I would add one very important issue

Consistency

There are a lot of corners in Logic that need a little bit of a clean up, regarding the user interface, what happens when clicking and when and when not.
For example, the difference when to click on a button or control and when to long-click (click-hold) on a button or control. Some of that stuff is just not obvious and hard for new user to figure out (or to understand).
.
Old 31st May 2017
  #478
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Thanks!

Just a note to say that iPad/Logic Remote USB connection is now possible, but you have to update to Sierra and the latest iTunes (and the latest Logic too, of course).

Cheers!

Ed
Old 31st May 2017
  #479
Lives for gear
When was Logic X released?
Old 31st May 2017
  #480
Lives for gear
 
IkennaFuNkEn's Avatar
 

Part 2

Exs24 can play 32bit sounds

If you're in a session that's 44.1 and you search for a sample within logic that's 88.2 the sample isn't severely slowed down. I wonder why this has never been solved.

edit: yes i know the bit rate. but every other daw can stream samples properly

Last edited by IkennaFuNkEn; 1st June 2017 at 03:05 AM..
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump