The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Maniac

i still just hate editing audio in Logic.. it's better than it was bit still sucks compared to any decent audio editor. i end up using Live for lot's of editing/arranging then going into logic for mixing. the way logic handles regions archaic. sliding things around in logic is cumbersome and slow.
Old 7th November 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
Logic 11 - what do you want?
For the love of all things holy, I want "Snap edits to zero crossings" to work flawlessly.

That seems to me to be such a basic feature, and yet it is broken and apparently has been broken for some time.

Seriously.
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNegativeNancy View Post
How about you go ahead and explain what that is
3:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN4nji4XetY

Batch Fades is another great feature i wud love to have in LPX.
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Addict
Just bounce it, same thing.
Old 7th November 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Monster View Post
Thanks for clarifying. The problem with your request is that a lot times these things are protected by copyright or trademark laws. It may be that Logic can't just rename 'bounce in place' to 'Commit to Audio' because Avid owns that phrase. It is probably why PT didn't have this feature until the latest release... they saw it in Logic 9, like 6 years ago, but even though they easily put the capability into PT, they couldn't say it was a feature until they came up with a unique name for it.
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Addict
The ability to pan sends independently of the audio track (like in ProTools) would be really useful...

Also the ability to move channels in mixer not just arrange.
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Addict
I know I've said this before, but I really want to be able to note-name 3rd party samples in the piano roll. Logic, ESX24 and and Ultrabeat would be a powerful combo. But without this ability, it can be chaos.
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Addict

Being able to pan individual notes in the piano roll editor would be cool, or even rows of notes etc.
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Monster View Post
I want Commit Drag and Drop Midi to Audio like in PT 12.3.
Not trying at all to come off like a smartass here, but is pressing Control-B (or whatever key command you desire to have assigned to Bounce In Place) that much more daunting than dragging down?
Old 10th November 2015
I want that export all to audio works flawless and intelligently. No region has to be on it (e.g. effects busses, etc.), independent if it is a multi-out aux, or bus that has no arrangement track, etc. Sometimes it still doesn't bounce all tracks and I just don't get the clue. And when it finally works as a dumb user as I am expect, I want it to bounce the tracks all the same length (an option for this would be good enough for me) as the cycle bar is set.

Can't be that tough, since other DAWs can do it painlessly.
Old 13th November 2015
Probably mentioned somewhere in this thread previously.......Resize 3rd party plugin windows ALREADY!!

Old 13th November 2015
Lives for gear

The arrangement feature to actually work.
Old 14th November 2015
Lives for gear

Two things:

1) Retina graphics. I mean, this should already be implemented, right?

2) Automation to actually work correctly. I now mix almost entirely in Protools b/c of this issue. (see: Logic X (and 9) automation completely broken)
Old 23rd February 2016
Lives for gear

I just saw this wish in a Cubase thread. This would be useful in Logic as well:
"I would like to see a new Virtual-Rack in Cubase Pro 9 . Something similar to what Digital Performer offers. DP's V-Rack is independent of the project, so you can close a project, and open another project, and still have access to the V-Rack. (also similar to the Preserve Function in VSL VE-Pro 5) ."
Old 24th February 2016
Gear Addict

Please put more effort into debugging, Apple.
Old 24th February 2016
Here for the gear

Give me a screen mode that works like Live Loops in GB, but works with an external controller like Push, Launchpad, etc. Allow for quick, friendly drag and drop "loop design" from our ideas, not just Apple Loops. Allow Bluetooth iPad to function as one of the controllers for "FX" part of Logic, like Garageband. This would all probably be useless for rockers, but perfect for EDM and remixes.
Old 24th February 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrox View Post
Give me a screen mode that works like Live Loops in GB, but works with an external controller like Push, Launchpad, etc. Allow for quick, friendly drag and drop "loop design" from our ideas, not just Apple Loops. Allow Bluetooth iPad to function as one of the controllers for "FX" part of Logic, like Garageband. This would all probably be useless for rockers, but perfect for EDM and remixes.
The moment I saw Live Loops in GB, my heart smiled b/c I knew it was going to find it's way into Logic. Turn the iPad into to the controller. If they made it so that you could record what you're performing into the arrangement window like Live... I'd probably use Logic exclusively.

Also, (while not the best color scheme they could've gone w/), I genuinely appreciate the new plug-in UIs, but Space & Delay Designer seem like odd omissions, don't they? What if they used some of that Camel talent to give us updated versions w/ UIs that are easier to navigate?

While I'm ranting on UIs, can Multipressor, Noise Gate, Desser, Match EQ, & Pitch Correction get some love next?

Last edited by Stxtch; 24th February 2016 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Needed to edit
Old 24th February 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stxtch View Post

While I'm ranting on UIs, can Multipressor, Noise Gate, Desser, Noise Gate, & Pitch Correction get some love next?
Don't forget the Direction mixer please
Old 24th February 2016
Gear Head

One above all: eliminate the huge GUI lags and all those useless and un-pro windows animations, graphic gradients and shadows which make LPX so slow and confused.
Apple, please learn from Adobe and Ableton Live.
Old 24th February 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
One above all: eliminate the huge GUI lags and all those useless and un-pro windows animations, graphic gradients and shadows which make LPX so slow and confused.
Apple, please learn from Adobe and Ableton Live.
The lags are bad, yes. Scrolling with a region dragging to the border is hell

About the GUI: Until that day Logic learns from others, that flat designs are "in", 3D designs will be in trend again. So they just leave it as is
Old 24th February 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmedia View Post
The lags are bad, yes. Scrolling with a region dragging to the border is hell

About the GUI: Until that day Logic learns from others, that flat designs are "in", 3D designs will be in trend again. So they just leave it as is
Hi Stardust,

it's not about being "in" and "out", it's about the fact that, with such graphic lags, the workflow gets even more slow and unfriendly with all those 3Ds and animations...
Old 24th February 2016
Quote:
Hi Stardust,

it's not about being "in" and "out", it's about the fact that, with such graphic lags, the workflow gets even more slow and unfriendly with all those 3Ds and animations...
@Maxx

Then we're talking different things. I don't have the feeling the GUI is so laggy, that my workflow is slow. And I wouldn't say the 3D and animation effects are the cause of that.

Would you mind to explain in detail what is laggy?
Old 24th February 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
@Maxx

Then we're talking different things. I don't have the feeling the GUI is so laggy, that my workflow is slow. And I wouldn't say the 3D and animation effects are the cause of that.

Would you mind to explain in detail what is laggy?
Please check this video: it's a screen capture of me doing some basic things (like resizing windows) on an almost empty session.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20GUI.mov.zip

btw LPX is running on a brand new iMac Retina 5K, OSX 10.10.5, i7 4GHz, 16Gb Ram, so I suppose it shouldn't be a matter of CPU performances...
Old 25th February 2016
Quote:
Please check this video: it's a screen capture of me doing some basic things (like resizing windows) on an almost empty session.

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20GUI.mov.zip

btw LPX is running on a brand new iMac Retina 5K, OSX 10.10.5, i7 4GHz, 16Gb Ram, so I suppose it shouldn't be a matter of CPU performances...
I see now. Yes some issues you're showing are definitely laggy for my taste too. Others not so much.

So, overall I agree with you, Logic's GUI is not snappy. Although I don't know if it is, because of the 3D thing, gradients, etc. I'm no expert in this stuff. I'd have said that nowadays this shouldn't be an issue at all anymore.
Old 25th February 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
I see now. Yes some issues you're showing are definitely laggy for my taste too. Others not so much.

So, overall I agree with you, Logic's GUI is not snappy. Although I don't know if it is, because of the 3D thing, gradients, etc. I'm no expert in this stuff. I'd have said that nowadays this shouldn't be an issue at all anymore.
Totally agree, it shouldn't.
Old 25th February 2016
Lives for gear

Bug fixes. CPU and GUI speed optimisation.

Realtime bounce in place for tracks that use the I/O plug, or external instruments/synths

That's about it. Just let it do what it does... but y'know... better.

Last edited by The Beatsmith; 25th February 2016 at 08:25 PM..
Old 25th February 2016
Lives for gear

Automated aux/output plugin latency removal from new hardware monitored recordings (edit: i.e. remove the plugin latency whenever recording latency compensation is applied).

Come on Logic team, don't pretend it's hard. Here's the formula:

Current Timestamp minus RLC +/- Recording Delay minus Aux/Output PDC Latency

Bitwig already does this for Cliff's sake!

Last edited by DanRand; 25th February 2016 at 08:56 PM..
Old 25th February 2016
Lives for gear
Make it stop clicking and crackling on playback. My machine is fast enough and the buffer is really high.

Easy tap tempo.

More useful stuff in context menu to reduce menu diving.
Old 25th February 2016
Gear Addict

I just want to write / draw automation for 3rd party plugins on channels that are grouped. Give me more than volume, pan, mute... pls & thank you.
Old 25th February 2016
The ability to resize/zoom the mixer! The new one is huge compared to Logic Pro 9. Ive only got a 21.5" monitor and if I have the window sized to see the whole thing it takes up more than half of the screen height and I can usually only see like two or three tracks in the arrange window.. I could get a good compromise in 9 and at least 9 had the horizontal slider so you could squeeze more tracks in the window and not have to keep scrolling over to find the master bus to make sure you're level wasn't going over!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search