The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic 11 - what do you want? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 2nd September 2015
Here for the gear

Fix the latency issue when audition samples in the browser. Machine, Ableton, Fruity Loops auditions samples as soon as you select the sample in the browser.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Nope, I haven't seen that. Like I said, strange that some people are affected. Others not.
T'is strange yes on the GUI.

The mixer thing affects anyone who has auxes and software instruments. You can't "freeze" a mixer view and it jumps when you click on a software instrument or midi track in the arrange.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Addict

Fix the automation bug and a real time audio engine, there probably both related!
Old 6th September 2015
Gear Addict
+1 for the implementation of Redmatica functions into ESX24. And the ability to pull jpgs into the note pad for saving shots of external analog synth settings.
Old 12th September 2015
TNM
Lives for gear
revamped multi core engine/revamped audio response time engine/PDC and automation 100% visually and audibly in sync at all times/step sequencer midi insert plugin/gui preset themes eg logic 9 preset - done by apple and integrated so no fudging with 3rd party stuff/lego graphics gone in audio editor and arrange page for waveforms/new improved quality pitch and time stretch algorithms/ all factory instr and fx updated to retina

basically my needs are mostly under the hood stuff.. i find logic to be so awesome features wise there is not much i could ever think of
Old 12th September 2015
Gear Head

1) Better screen size scaling for Macbook users.

2) Longer faders and meters in the mixer.

While I got over the new dark look I don't mind the GUI except it's still too big on a Macbook Pro display.
Yes, Logic 8/9 was a bit too small to read buttons and controls, but they went too far with Logic X.

My only other gripe is the faders and meters are too short. I guess I got spoiled mixing with Pro Tools 11/12
and whenever I switch over to using Logic for writing and midi it kinda bugs me for some reason lol.
I would really like to have a go mixing in Logic for a change but I don't think I could go through a full day staring
at those faders and meters.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Town View Post
Yes, Logic 8/9 was a bit too small to read buttons and controls, but they went too far with Logic X.
I completely agree. It is way too in your face if you do not have 4k display.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

"Chunks" like Digital Performer. Or at least the possibility of working on different sections of a track in different arrange windows, with a separate window to assemble the track.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

A master monitor section (as Cubendo) where we can insert our room correction plugin without have to bypass it each time we bounce the mix.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
A master monitor section (as Cubendo) where we can insert our room correction plugin without have to bypass it each time we bounce the mix.
Does these plugins work well?
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear
I would love if Logic got an "instant" audio engine.. So if you move a region while transport is running the results are instant, not like it is now when you have to wait for ages or stop and start for hearing the changes. This would also apply to cycle on/off, now if you loop a section and then turn cycle off it will loop anyway unless you disable cycle way before the right locator. I also work a lot in Cubase and its audio engine is instant.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
Does these plugins work well?
From the moment I started to use ARC 2 (about a year before) everything changed in a better way. Simply, when I check my mixes in the car, home etc I see that my mixing decisions via ARC are much better than before.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by claesbjo View Post
I would love if Logic got an "instant" audio engine.. So if you move a region while transport is running the results are instant, not like it is now when you have to wait for ages or stop and start for hearing the changes. This would also apply to cycle on/off, now if you loop a section and then turn cycle off it will loop anyway unless you disable cycle way before the right locator. I also work a lot in Cubase and its audio engine is instant.
I agree but I believe that they have to change the audio engine from the ground. It will be a major update, so I think is not gonna happen soon.
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree but I believe that they have to change the audio engine from the ground. It will be a major update, so I think is not gonna happen soon.

If even at all....
Old 13th September 2015
Gear Head

I would like to see a realtime audio engine less for the delay of hearing changes in the audio editing but more for the ability for them to fix their whack browser that takes forever to play samples (you have to stop audio playback to hear them instantly) coming from ableton this is my #1 gripe.
Old 14th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeaudio View Post
9, 14 and 27 are my favourites on that list. Are you still using Logic?
Hi. Sorry for late reply. This summer was complicated both because of holidays as well as accumulated work. Yeah, I still use Logic
Old 15th September 2015
Lives for gear

Those old Logic synths are going to need a serious face lift. Now it feels/looks kind of weird. Most are really old looking, a few has modern 3D look and the latest has flat look.
Old 18th September 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtheerearranger View Post
I would like to see a realtime audio engine less for the delay of hearing changes in the audio editing but more for the ability for them to fix their whack browser that takes forever to play samples (you have to stop audio playback to hear them instantly) coming from ableton this is my #1 gripe.
Yep super annoying
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I completely agree. It is way too in your face if you do not have 4k display.
Or 5K
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Those old Logic synths are going to need a serious face lift. Now it feels/looks kind of weird. Most are really old looking, a few has modern 3D look and the latest has flat look.
There is a pretty decend Bitwig Skin for the ES2 on Jus' site (main GUI thread.) Also, there are a couple decent EXS24 Skins that I like. One is free, is kinda funky (in a good way,) and black. Some poeple don't like it so much, but I find it to be a pleasure, and it's free. This one is free, too. If you'd like, I can find where I got it and send the link. I also have a few EXS24 skins on my HD, so let me know if you'd like. I atttached how it looks; again, some like, some do not, I happen to like it a lot. I also atttached the ES2 Bitwig theme version. Not overhauls, but different at least.
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

The attachments didn't go through; here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic 11 - what do you want?-screen-shot-2015-09-22-6.26.53-pm.jpg   Logic 11 - what do you want?-bitwig-es2.png  
Old 21st October 2015
Quote:
There's an inexpensive third party solution for that called "Audio Hijack" which I use to EQ my headphones system-wide! It was originally meant to be just for recording/ripping audio from the system or specific applications but you can just send the audio to an output without recording as well. Go check it out if it fits your needs until the Logic team introduces such functionality, if ever.
Old 21st October 2015
Lives for gear

More useful and workflow enhancing key commands.
Useful missing Key Commands in Logic Pro X | VI-CONTROL
Old 22nd October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucansmiles View Post
There's an inexpensive third party solution for that called "Audio Hijack" which I use to EQ my headphones system-wide! It was originally meant to be just for recording/ripping audio from the system or specific applications but you can just send the audio to an output without recording as well. Go check it out if it fits your needs until the Logic team introduces such functionality, if ever.
Thanks lucansmiles,
I've already tried Audio Hijack with Logic but the disadvantage is that after some minutes it adds latency to the audio signal... :(
Old 2nd November 2015
Gear Nut

128 buses.
Old 5th November 2015
Here for the gear
Better external midi control. Currently its a nightmare trying to run multiple synths without them controlling each other. There are workarounds (like arming tracks), but this isn't fool proof, and can still cause havoc (and stress!)

Ableton have nailed it, and for this reason alone I'm forced to use it 99% of the time, even though I prefer Logic
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Monster View Post
128 buses.
Need more than that. Much more.
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeflora View Post
Need more than that. Much more.
I prefer if they would at least triple the amount of available instrument/aux tracks as well as busses.
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Nut

I want Commit Drag and Drop Midi to Audio like in PT 12.3.
Old 6th November 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Monster View Post
I want Commit Drag and Drop Midi to Audio like in PT 12.3.
How about you go ahead and explain what that is
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search