The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro X "API Theme Pro" Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 18th November 2013
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Logic Pro X "API Theme Pro"

Logic Pro X "API Theme Pro"



It's a new series of themes I'll add here soon.

NEVE Pro, Apogee, Euphonix and more others are on the cards.

They will be differ with more precise so it's connected with more work and time I have to spend with it. So I decided they will be payable.

After transfering money (5 EURO or 7 $ = one Theme) everyone will get a link in max. 12 hours where will be able to download a Zip file.

You can also click here:

Pay pal


Welcome!




Old 19th November 2013
  #2
Hi Matthew! I donate Looks great. Only concern maybe the Blue is a little bright for the eyes? But maybe in use will be fine...
Old 19th November 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
_Mark's Avatar
It's ten euros for the whole thing? Is it less just to get the API one?
Old 19th November 2013
  #4
Gear interested
 

heythere! absolutely beeeaaautiful! i am definately in... though i have some questions:

-is this retina ready?
-or will it be?
-if yes, when will it be?
-will those who payed already for the low-res version be able to get the retina version?

all your themes look amazing! especially the neve and api ones! big fan!
Old 19th November 2013
  #5
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Hey Matthew. Donated - looking forward to it!
Old 19th November 2013
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavycrashdr View Post
heythere! absolutely beeeaaautiful! i am definately in... though i have some questions:

-is this retina ready?
-or will it be?
-if yes, when will it be?
-will those who payed already for the low-res version be able to get the retina version?

all your themes look amazing! especially the neve and api ones! big fan!
No, retina not, :(
Old 19th November 2013
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Hey Matthew. Donated - looking forward to it!

Did you get it already, Write your opinion.
Old 19th November 2013
  #8
Gear nut
 

Sad to see some one trying to make a profit of this.
Old 19th November 2013
  #9
Geariophile
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
Sad to see some one trying to make a profit of this.
One way of looking at it. Another would be "Great that someone is doing this, as it comes in useful for lots of people, and why should he do it completely for free?" If you think about it it doesn't take much to realise this is not going to make anyone rich........
Old 19th November 2013
  #10
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
Sad to see some one trying to make a profit of this.
You think this should just be someone giving away hours of their life for your sake? If so, I want to come record at your place for free.
Old 19th November 2013
  #11
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_30 View Post
Did you get it already, Write your opinion.
Hey Matthew. Overall I like it - the arrange window and selected track bright white will get fatiguing for me after a bit. Maybe make all the white be the grey of the transport bar? Also, when starting a project, the text UNDER the loading progress bar (if I remember correctly, this is the particular instrument being loaded) is really hard to read against the blue background. Not really a huge deal, but if there is no way to change the color of the text, it may be better to change that particular shade of blue. Other than those things I think it really looks great.
Old 19th November 2013
  #12
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
You think this should just be someone giving away hours of their life for your sake? If so, I want to come record at your place for free.
In my bathroom??
Old 19th November 2013
  #13
Gear nut
 

And Matthew; I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to charge you €2 if you read my posts.
Old 19th November 2013
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Fernand's Avatar
FWIW, here's one capitalist's view. It's not that it's not worth $10, but when people do things out of passion, it works best. As soon as you price things one to one like this, it's no longer joyful. If you opted for say a "club", where $10 would be an entry pass, but people could try and pick whichever theme they wanted, that would be effective. And especially if you offered the password to some site where you named and organized them, so people wouldn't end up, like me, with a folder full of Lord knows what, zips named "Update" and such, chaos, no idea what belongs with what, like is verson 2.5 compatible with v 1 and v 2, of what? and is V 4 a superset of 1, and of v 2.5. There's value in order.

But if you charge $10 for one theme, it's not likely to work as well. For one thing, if you do that, it's no longer a fun thing among friends, and you have to deliver stuff that's fully debugged, on time, and wear a tie. You become the vendor man, and not one of us. We aren't even sure yet which will work out best long term for us, and it's best to try them all. Why should I pay $10 before I even try it out? Another thing, people get tired of things. I might like the API for a week and then no more. I might like the SSL better in December.

I suspect you'll get a small number of sign-ups. The "pass" model would work a lot better. And it wouldn't just be the people who think they want the API one. I'll send you an invoice for advice, whether I'm right or wrong ;-)
Old 19th November 2013
  #15
Gear nut
 

And what's up with the fader background? It looks out of place. Is it included in the fee?
Old 19th November 2013
  #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
And what's up with the fader background? It looks out of place. Is it included in the fee?

It's a 5 minute job to put the original fader background in there if it bugs you.

Old 19th November 2013
  #17
Gear nut
 

Thing is: the information needed to do all of this was a joint venture on various forums, lots of people did this for free...
Old 19th November 2013
  #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
Thing is: the information needed to do all of this was a joint venture on various forums, lots of people did this for free...
I agree, but then again no-one has put in the amount of effort that Matthew has as far as i can see, i mean he's already done about 10 theme's already, for free and continues to knock 'em out on a weekly basis, i can't even keep track tbh

It wasn't even his idea to charge, somebody up here suggested he should last week and here we are today.
Old 19th November 2013
  #19
Matthew,

I have noticed a few things that need correcting when you get a minute, mainly text colors,
Automation value is real hard to see on the lighter background, maybe darken the arrange back ground a tiny bit?
and then a few areas with white text on light grey background, nothing major, i can fix mine myself but others will probably want a plist update
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X  "API Theme Pro"-1.png   Logic Pro X  "API Theme Pro"-2.png   Logic Pro X  "API Theme Pro"-automation.png  
Old 19th November 2013
  #20
.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X  "API Theme Pro"-cpu-meter.png  
Old 19th November 2013
  #21
Gear nut
 

I want money too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Logic Pro X  "API Theme Pro"-what.png  
Old 19th November 2013
  #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
I want money too!!
lol
Old 19th November 2013
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Fernand's Avatar
[email protected] is the Paypal acct. if you just want to PayPal him a contribution from your native language Paypal, not necessarily
  • the 10 Euros
  • via the Polish Paypal page
  • for this particular theme.
Old 19th November 2013
  #24
Lives for gear
 
kelvyn's Avatar
I think Fernands idea of a club is pretty good. Donations work as well IMO.
Old 19th November 2013
  #25
Gear nut
 

Yeah, donations are less ...hmm....upsetting
Old 19th November 2013
  #26
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
Matthew,

I have noticed a few things that need correcting when you get a minute, mainly text colors,
Automation value is real hard to see on the lighter background, maybe darken the arrange back ground a tiny bit?
and then a few areas with white text on light grey background, nothing major, i can fix mine myself but others will probably want a plist update
ok.
Old 19th November 2013
  #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
Sad to see some one trying to make a profit of this.
charging €10 or more donation I doubt is making a profit given the time being spent on all this. And how many great looking free GUI has Matthew given out already?

I think its more than fair to ask a donation once the quality gets to a certain level - and Matthew has helped many people with their designs as well - he has more than given enough to the community to ask for a small donation! Its good as it allows all the people benefitting to say thanks buy him a beer.
Old 19th November 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
charging €10 or more donation I doubt is making a profit given the time being spent on all this. And how many great looking free GUI has Matthew given out already?

I think its more than fair to ask a donation once the quality gets to a certain level - and Matthew has helped many people with their designs as well - he has more than given enough to the community to ask for a small donation! Its good as it allows all the people benefitting to say thanks buy him a beer.
THANKS !
I'm just opening my beer, I'm drinking to you.
Old 19th November 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Thread Starter
API UPDATE 1.03 !
Old 19th November 2013
  #30
Lives for gear
 
_Mark's Avatar
Matthew, my other question was unanswered, but I have another.

Will $10 do, or must it be euros?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump