The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic X and Studio drummer midi mapping
Old 7th November 2013
Gear Head

Logic X and Studio drummer midi mapping

Hi,

Using Logic X drummer (which is pretty cool), I'm looking to using the sounds from NI Studio Drummer. However, the drum mapping doesn't seem to match up fully, when using GM option in Studio Drummer. Does anyone know how to get an exact match between the two?
Old 7th November 2013
Gear Addict

Look at Komplete : Drums : Studio Drummer : Overview : The Drummer | Products
At the bottom it says something about the v-drum mapping, something that also is in Logic's Studio drummer, see picture.
Might be worth a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic X and Studio drummer midi mapping-skarmavbild-2013-11-07-kl.-18.51.48.jpg  
Old 8th November 2013
Gear Head

Hi, thanks, and hm, yes maybe. That option there which is actually to change the input for the drum kit in Logic, does that really also change the midi output from the drummer track? I guess it does, have to try it properly...
Old 8th November 2013
A.G
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieS View Post
Does anyone know how to get an exact match between the two?
You can use the Logic Mapped Instrument Environment object to achieve absolute custom mapping on the fly.
Have a look at the image. I have cabled a Mapped Instrument between the Drummer Channel Strip and the Kontakt. Note, I have set the Mapped Instrument port to "No Port" (see my mouse in the Inspector).
Use the "Output Note" column to do custom mapping for each pad.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic X and Studio drummer midi mapping-drummer-mapping.png  
Old 6th July 2019
Here for the gear

Hi I am very late to this but the easiest way is to set both Logic Drummer and Kontact to the same default midi mapping.

in Logic drummer click on the drum icon select "Controls" as the view and select "input mapping". I find using GM for both works pretty well.

Then select a kit through Kontakt, open the instrument plugin and do that in the options tab in the Midi mapping window (under "preset" dropdown).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search