The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Shift+Ctrl=fine trim - missing?
Old 22nd October 2013
Shift+Ctrl=fine trim - missing?

Hey guys

I'm missing a feature from LP9, where I would hold down shift and ctrl while dragging an object, and that would make it drag by 1/256 ticks.
Anyone found this in LPX?

At the moment, the only finer tune seems to be Ctrl (which was there before as well) but that only sets it to larger snaps..
Old 24th October 2013
Gentle bump just checking if I've described the issue clear enough. To me, this was the one way to easily and quickly nudge an object by a few ticks, in fine tuning timing instances, so it's a pretty crucial thing..
Old 24th October 2013
Gear Head

I can't test it right now but it should be the same as in 9 according to the user guide.

Quote:
Move notes in finer increments
1 Select the notes.
2 Hold down Control, then drag the notes to the new position.
The drag resolution depends on the current Snap value and zoom level (see Snap items to the Piano Roll Editor grid on page 349).

Alternatively, you can press Control-Shift as you drag to move the notes in tick steps, overriding the Snap value.
PAGE 350 LPX User Guide

If that doesn't work my only thought would be either a preference or key command you have set is interfering, or of course another bug
Old 24th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcon View Post
or of course another bug
Hehe, yeah, seems so. No key commands assignable for only these two keys. Well, at least its a bug and not a feature of a new "streamlined interface"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search