The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X!
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Head

32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X!

Just found this! Looks like we finally have a completely seamless solution!

32 Lives is a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter

You can load Logic 9 Projects and all 32-bit compatible plugins will load with automation!

32 Lives is a new application, capable of generating a 64-bit Audio Units versions of your loved and hard-earned 32-bit legacy plug-ins, helping you to cross-over to the new Logic Pro X smoothly and transparently. Older Logic Pro sessions will completely load into Logic Pro X, including all parameters and automation. No special re-wring or routing is required. All your 32-bit only plug-ins will again re-appear in the plug-ins menu as they always were.

32 Lives is currently in open beta and available for purchase for a discounted price of $69 (instead $99) for the duration of the pre-release beta stage. All beta users will be upgraded to the full release version at no extra charge.

32 Lives

This is how it appears in Logic X

As you can see you load the plugin exactly the same as if it we're a 64-bit native plugin. Logic based presets and channel strip settings all load perfectly too. Only different is as its bridged the GUI is still separate but the AU plugin window will automatically move with it when you drag it around.
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Maniac
Looks great!

Do the lexicon pcm plugins work ?
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Maniac
and will there be a demo version ?
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear

have to say pretty it's good ,you still get a bridge but it's well hidden from you.. so it's very usable
Old 6th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallok View Post
Looks great!

They are not currently shown on the developer's Plug-in Compatibility Chart, so maybe not... or nobody's tested them yet and reported one way or the other.

32 Lives Plug-ins Compatibility Chart
Old 7th September 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
The Lexicon PCM Native Reverbs and Effects are already 64-bit: www.lexiconpro.com/en-US/software
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear

Anyone had success with this and Speakerphone?
Old 7th September 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
The Lexicon PCM Native Reverbs and Effects are already 64-bit: www.lexiconpro.com/en-US/software
not to all users.....
Old 8th September 2013
Here for the gear

I got Waldorf - Largo working. And all My other 32 bit plugins. Hope they sort out the logic window so it wraps around the plugin instead of being above the plugin window. But it works really great!

/Jimmy
Old 8th September 2013
The list is not Powercore MD3? ))
Old 8th September 2013 | Show parent
qua
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hint View Post
Anyone had success with this and Speakerphone?
Yes! Working well. I haven't done a heap of testing but my sessions with Speakerphone opened up fine and I was able to automate.
Old 9th September 2013
Gear Maniac

any chance of a video showing how this works before i fork over some money for it?
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
not to all users.....
eh?
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

All my URS one show up
Old 9th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by qua View Post
Yes! Working well. I haven't done a heap of testing but my sessions with Speakerphone opened up fine and I was able to automate.
Thanks a lot for the report.
Quote:
and will there be a demo version ?
This
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Swarm View Post
any chance of a video showing how this works before i fork over some money for it?
This would be nice to see.

regards

Krzysztof
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

Seems to be working well for me
Old 9th September 2013
Gear Maniac

nice to see sylenth on there, though lennard has reported a 64bit version for the end of the year.

this is a great idea, maybe other companies will take it on board as well.
Old 9th September 2013
Gear Nut

Hi !

I took the plunge and bought 32 Lives.
It requires an internet activation to unlock it, by means of an email adres you provide and a password that is sent to you at that email adres.

You then run the application 32 Lives and it will show you the 32bit AU's at that moment in your Components folder.
You can choose which to bridge ("resurrect") to 64 bit AU.

I succesfully "resurrected" Warmverb, FG-X, Largo and Sylenth 1.

I must say, the bridged AU's seem very solid to me in LPX 10.0.3
I am overal quite satisfied with 32Lives !

One annoying thing though:
When you open a bridged plugin, and mouseclick on the plugin interface, for example to tweak a knob or change preset it steals your computer keyboard, so that the Logic keycommands don't work anymore.

Also, when you work with the music typing window in Logic, to play notes, that window vanishes when you click on the plugin UI, so you have to bring it back again by clicking outside the plugin UI, to give Logic focus again.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckoff View Post
eh?
Some folks are using it with ILOK 1, and that version is is 32 bit only AFAIK
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear
This is an AWESOME product. I hope it will run with Destroy Fx´s Buffer Override

cheers
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

will this resurrect pluggins even if they aren't included in the compatibility list?
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

edit: the quick tests i've done show that 32 lives is very similar to logic 9's 32bit bridge in performance, assuming that logic x and logic 9 perform and use computer resources equally

edit again: i did this test not realizing that 32 lives was also the bridge used in logic 9...therefore, my test was completely useless for this.....and it does feel like it actually is more CPU intensive than logic 9's bridge

unfortunately though, i was not able to resurrect dimension pro and rapture
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

I bought it yesterday - so far I have used it with Sylenth1 and Waldorf Largo, and both seem to work OK.

The floating header window is a bit odd, but doesn't interfere with functionality at all.

D.
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

another thing is the plugin windows stay in front of any other app (firefox, etc.) that i switch to if i don't close them first...kind of annoying
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Curious, if a third party can make all of these plug ins 64 bit... why is it so hard for the actual developers?

Why can some Joe Schmoe make SampleTank work, but the venerable IK Multimedia... makers of lots of crazy iGadgets and accurate emulations of hardware... takes 3 years?!? IK announced SampleTank 3 in 2010!

SoundToys made all kinds of excuses for years like it was pulling fingernails to get their handful of plug ins to 64 bit.

I suppose this is a cheat, but at this point I'd take a cheat from IK to get my beloved Tron samples working in LPX. I just bought the IK group buy for $69. (which is an amazing deal btw) Ironically the same price a this app. haha.
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

@rufuss...i think theres a big difference in a making a plugin 64bit than just wrapping/bridging it.....this solution is def useful but native 64bit plugs seem so much more cpu friendly....
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

i would love to see the little floating window be integrated with the actual plugins so that it looks like it really is 64bit
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Some folks are using it with ILOK 1, and that version is is 32 bit only AFAIK
Aha! Thx, was considering pulling the trigger on it & got spooked by that!
📝 Reply