The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X!
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Just updated everything from Snow Leopard to Mavericks, Logic 9 to X and installed 32 lives... I only had to update three apps afterwards. Everything works and it's great to have my 32 bit plugs working seamlessly in X.
Old 23rd December 2013
Lives for gear

I have to say that this little app works better than the Logic 9 bridge ever did.
Old 2nd January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernand View Post
Frankly it's strange to see people willing to pay $70 for a beta and all the headaches. And then bitching about it.

The guy shouldn't charge 3/4 of the final price at this point. If he charged $10 he'd have a bigger tester base.
It's totally ready for release. Allowed me to go with Logic X and Mavericks, 32 Lives works better than the bridge in Logic 9. Very happy and well worth the money.
Old 3rd January 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone try this in Ableton 9?
Old 4th January 2014
Gear Nut

Latest version makes it almost ready. It still has the problem with the GUI floating in front of other applications
Old 5th January 2014
Lives for gear

Now there's a demo.
Thanks for that Radix
Old 6th January 2014
Here for the gear

Its out of Beta now.
Old 31st January 2014
Jus
Lives for gear

This crashes LPX with far too many plugins - and even when not using any of those in the session. How can I uninstall it? Removing it from the application folder is not enough. They have made uninstallation very difficult on purpose, it seems to me. I don't like it.
Old 31st January 2014
Gear Nut

Since I upgraded to LPX 10.0.6 it seems to work much worse. Many plugs have serious problems with the GUI. It is a pity it used to work fine, don't know why it is going wrong now...
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

You guys need to look into your systems - 32Lives is NOT the problem. Not a single crash since using the software, tons of wrapped 32bit plug-ins in use including Slate FG-X and URS. Under Logic X 10.0.5 and now 10.0.6 with Mavericks 10.9.1
Old 31st January 2014
Jus
Lives for gear

Well I doubt it. At least the GUI problems are clearly depended on 32 Lives itself.
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

GUI problems and crashing the application are two different things. The GUI-problems of Slate FG-X were far worse with the Logic 9 32-bit bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Well I doubt it. At least the GUI problems are clearly depended on 32 Lives itself.
Old 31st January 2014
Jus
Lives for gear

Everybody knows the LP9 bridge was not good. However, at this point also this seems useless to me. In my demo tests it tends to crash with Nebula and it crashes with PSP Nitro. Both also have GUI problems, coincidentally or not.

IF that is due to the demo limitation thing (fading out and in), I don't know. The reason LPX gave for crashes referred to the 32 Lives wrapper ("crashed while using...").
Old 31st January 2014
Gear Addict

Try tossing the prefs, cache, and the resurrected items. Reinstall 32 Lives and re-resurrect everything. Let Logic rescan everything fresh. (if you haven't already done this). See if that helps.
Old 31st January 2014
Jus
Lives for gear

Thanks I'll try that after the weekend when I get home.

You mean Logic prefs? Yesterday I did not find secondary folders of 32 lives anywhere (when I uninstalled the app by dragging it to trash).
Old 31st January 2014
Gear Addict

Yes, Logic prefs and Apple audio units cache (users>Library>Caches>AudioUnitCache>com.apple.audiounits.cache ). Also, see page 3 of this thread, post #61 to #66.

If this doesn't solve the problem, email Sound Radix... they are very responsive and helpful.
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear

Hello
Since you can get a TC Powercore 6000 for nothing nowadays
I thought I ask if anyone has experience how it works with
Logic 10.0.6, and 10.9.1 Mavericks.
Thanks in advance.

Dan
Old 5th February 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Dan View Post
Since you can get a TC Powercore 6000 for nothing nowadays
I thought I ask if anyone has experience how it works with
Logic 10.0.6, and 10.9.1 Mavericks.
I've not updated my Logic install to 10.0.6 yet, but with 32 Lives on 10.0.5 and 10.9.1 the PowerCore plugs seem to be as stable as they were on 10.6.8 and 9.1.8.
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulholland View Post
I've not updated my Logic install to 10.0.6 yet, but with 32 Lives on 10.0.5 and 10.9.1 the PowerCore plugs seem to be as stable as they were on 10.6.8 and 9.1.8.
Thank you, appreciated

Dan
Old 6th February 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hi - aren't you having any issues with the M40 reverb? Some knobs are irresponsive when typing data in. Mine is the native version though with Impact Twin...LPX 10.0.6
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Hey Guys, I'm looking for the best solution to run Sylenth 1 in Logic Pro X. I have read threads about 32 Lives, Metaplugin, Volt & Slate & JBridge. As of date, which one runs Sylenth 1 in Logic Pro X the best in your opinion?

I have had success getting Sylenth 1 to run in Maschine 2 with JBridge, now I need to get it running in Logic Pro X.

Thanks
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Sigmond View Post
Hey Guys, I'm looking for the best solution to run Sylenth 1 in Logic Pro X. I have read threads about 32 Lives, Metaplugin, Volt & Slate & JBridge. As of date, which one runs Sylenth 1 in Logic Pro X the best in your opinion?

I have had success getting Sylenth 1 to run in Maschine 2 with JBridge, now I need to get it running in Logic Pro X.

Thanks
Hi - I have tried Metaplugin and JBridge and 32 Lives IMO is the best by far... I have had issues with other plugins, but with Sylenth it has run always smooth, you don't feel there is a bridge behind the scenes and you don't need to make extra clicks to reach the plugin or automate etc.
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Nut

Latest update seems to have fixed all issues... So far so good!
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
FWIW, I'm running the powercore plug-ins via the volt&state bridges in jbridge and they work perfectly in Logic 9 64bit. The advantage for me is, that you're actually using the vst versions which seem to have none of the paramteter amnesia problems of TC's native AUs.

Haven't tried 32 lives as it according to the specifications needs 10.7 - or does it run on snow leo?
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders View Post
FWIW, I'm running the powercore plug-ins via the volt&state bridges in jbridge and they work perfectly in Logic 9 64bit. The advantage for me is, that you're actually using the vst versions which seem to have none of the paramteter amnesia problems of TC's native AUs.

Haven't tried 32 lives as it according to the specifications needs 10.7 - or does it run on snow leo?
yes.

32 Lives Release Notes
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucou View Post
Hi - I have tried Metaplugin and JBridge and 32 Lives IMO is the best by far... I have had issues with other plugins, but with Sylenth it has run always smooth, you don't feel there is a bridge behind the scenes and you don't need to make extra clicks to reach the plugin or automate etc.
Thanks Coucou, I purchased 32 Lives today!!
Old 9th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post
hey thanks, that's great!
Old 18th February 2014
Lives for gear

Does the plugin graphic drag in a delayed way when moving it for anyone else?

I've avoided 32 bit plugs for a while. trying to think of anything I dumped that I'd like to use again.
Old 18th February 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
Does the plugin graphic drag in a delayed way when moving it for anyone else?

I've avoided 32 bit plugs for a while. trying to think of anything I dumped that I'd like to use again.
Yes it happens to me as well!. Just in some plugins. What is very strange is that after an update it works well for some days, then the issue comes back... very frustrating
Old 18th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coucou View Post
Yes it happens to me as well!. Just in some plugins. What is very strange is that after an update it works well for some days, then the issue comes back... very frustrating
But a small price to pay for working 32 bit's in X.
📝 Reply