The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
32 Lives - Completley seamless AU bridge for Logic X!
Old 4th October 2013
Tui
Gear Guru

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 4th October 2013
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyM View Post
The Validate All AU's app is all I need for issues like that.

Validate All AUs

Sure but that won't help for 32 bit in X. Yes I'm aware of the meta plugin and blue cat and magma workarounds, but if its something like a urs channel strip is likely be using it everywhere and would like the simple convenience of one click and edit.
Old 11th October 2013
Gear Nut

Anybody experiencing long reply times on Soundradix emails? 2 days and still have not heard from them.
Old 13th October 2013
TNM
Lives for gear
Did they get back to you?
Old 14th October 2013
Gear Nut

Yes 3 days later
Old 14th October 2013
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

So in general, is this app now stable enough to rely on to save work done using the recovered plugs in X projects or is it really still hit or miss. $70 (discounted beta) is a lot to pay for something that is mostly experimental along these lines.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear
Works great here!
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post
So in general, is this app now stable enough to rely on to save work done using the recovered plugs in X projects or is it really still hit or miss. $70 (discounted beta) is a lot to pay for something that is mostly experimental along these lines.
Works great here, like 90% of the plugins work with it and it's stable.
Don't wait for nothing, there's no reason for that, I upgraded to LPX and with 32 Lives haven't looked back since.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

And what about the CPU burden? Is it higher than running LP9 with the 32 bit bridge?
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

The logic 9 32 bit bridge was so prone to problems that it was refreshing to get rid of it. That said, I do miss some of the 32 plugs but the idea of adding another bridge back in again give me pause. Too bad it's just not a free option in Logic X.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Nut

Bought it and so far so good. Probably it takes just bit more of CPU than LP9´s bridge but it is just a feeling that I have not measure. Automation works good and the plugs appear just they were 64 bit. 90% of the plugins resurrected. It is indeed a seamless integration.

There are some minor problems with the UI and the bypass button that hopefully will be addressed soon.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Well after some days testing it still has some things to improve. The most annoying to me is that when a LP9 session is open it still uses the 32 lives instead of the LP9 bridge. And when a LP9 session is closed to open another one it crashes Logic all the time.

Floating windows need to be improved as well. For the rest it works just fine.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Well after some days testing it still has some things to improve. The most annoying to me is that when a LP9 session is open it still uses the 32 lives instead of the LP9 bridge. And when a LP9 session is closed to open another one it crashes Logic all the time.

Floating windows need to be improved as well. For the rest it works just fine.
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear

The app doesn't work at all for me.
Old 13th November 2013
Gear Nut

it does work for me fairly well. I am on LP 10.0.4 IOS 10.8.5. What problem do you have?
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear

I had tested a nightly build that didn't work. The latest one from the web did. Kind of a pain to get all the plugs working in au manager in logic X, but most seem to be fine. A few are problems but then again they were problems in Logic 9 too.
Old 18th November 2013
Lives for gear

Frankly it's strange to see people willing to pay $70 for a beta and all the headaches. And then bitching about it.

The guy shouldn't charge 3/4 of the final price at this point. If he charged $10 he'd have a bigger tester base.
Old 18th November 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernand View Post
Frankly it's strange to see people willing to pay $70 for a beta and all the headaches. And then bitching about it.

The guy shouldn't charge 3/4 of the final price at this point. If he charged $10 he'd have a bigger tester base.
That´s right. It is expensive for an unfinished product. But it is true as well that I have been using it for several weeks without problems. Although I am using only around 10-15 32bit resurected plugins per session.
Old 18th November 2013
Lives for gear

Of course even if it's a handful, the plugins you use are important.

JBridge is in beta at no charge, and the guy has a lot of experience with this tricky bridging stuff. The trickiness comes from developers being sloppy and not following guidelines, so every plug-in is its own nightmare. It's never clean. That's why it will never be truly transparent plug-and-play, there are always exceptions and special options have to be added.
Old 18th November 2013
Lives for gear

He is updating quite often and the product is now quite stable for the most part. I have to give them credit where credit is due. I am very happy to have some of these 32 bits again. He also offers a pretty good student discount if you have a student id in your household.
Old 20th November 2013
TNM
Lives for gear
Anyone know if tone2 warmverb is supported with this? And fwiw, jbridge isn't free. Its cheap, and the demo has a 20 min timeout, but it ain't free.
Old 23rd November 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Anyone know if tone2 warmverb is supported with this? And fwiw, jbridge isn't free. Its cheap, and the demo has a 20 min timeout, but it ain't free.
all tone2 stuff works here!
Old 27th November 2013
Here for the gear

Hello,

By reading this thread I'm tempted to buy this nice piece of software. Thanks,for all these interesting contributions. By chance, has anyone tested these two synths ? :

MOTU MX4
VirSyn TERA 3

I'd love to resurect them and would buy 32Lives mainly for them, so as they don't appear (yet?) on the compatibility chart of the developer, I hope that somebody would have tested them and could tell me if they work. TERA is ok but the MX4 doesn't work in Logic Pro 9 bridge. The MX4 works into VE Pro but as it is receive MIDI on channel 1 only, I have to open an instance of VEP for each instance of MX4... Cumbersome to say the least.

I apologize if I missed some of the infos I'm requesting here.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Wow! I saw this thread, and I had my old IK samplers and reverbs working like normal in Logic X within 10 minutes of reading it. What a brilliant app! Easy to buy and install, fairly reasonable, and does the job elegantly and seemlessly.
Old 12th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwhybee View Post
Hello,

By reading this thread I'm tempted to buy this nice piece of software. Thanks,for all these interesting contributions. By chance, has anyone tested these two synths ? :

MOTU MX4
VirSyn TERA 3

I'd love to resurect them and would buy 32Lives mainly for them, so as they don't appear (yet?) on the compatibility chart of the developer, I hope that somebody would have tested them and could tell me if they work. TERA is ok but the MX4 doesn't work in Logic Pro 9 bridge. The MX4 works into VE Pro but as it is receive MIDI on channel 1 only, I have to open an instance of VEP for each instance of MX4... Cumbersome to say the least.

I apologize if I missed some of the infos I'm requesting here.
Any help would be much appreciated.
MOTU's issues go beyond 32 bit. It has issues no matter what bridge. Maybe a recent update? 99% of everything else I have tested does work. Highly recommend this product.

Changelog and compatibility charts: http://www.soundradix.com/products/3.../release-notes
Old 14th December 2013
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgman View Post
MOTU's issues go beyond 32 bit. It has issues no matter what bridge. Maybe a recent update? 99% of everything else I have tested does work. Highly recommend this product.

Changelog and compatibility charts: 32 Lives Release Notes

Really? I am surprised to read that, as i found MX4 for a killer price and always liked the sound, and they specifically released an update in 2012 for Lion compatibility (never really had an issue with a plugin that has had updates in the last year or two, besides lexicon)

What are the issues? you may save me some money! Will it work as a 32 bit plugin in Logic 9 32 bit?
Old 19th December 2013
Here for the gear

Just bought and it works great. works really well under 10.0.0.5.
Old 20th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Really? I am surprised to read that, as i found MX4 for a killer price and always liked the sound, and they specifically released an update in 2012 for Lion compatibility (never really had an issue with a plugin that has had updates in the last year or two, besides lexicon)

What are the issues? you may save me some money! Will it work as a 32 bit plugin in Logic 9 32 bit?

I haven't done too much tinkering to see if I could get it working again. It has always had trouble validating even back on L9. I'm trying to weed these flaky old plugs out anyway, but 32 lives has been a savior for lots of stuff that still works great.
Old 21st December 2013
Tui
Gear Guru

Current version is 0.9.16.
📝 Reply