The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.
Old 29th June 2020
Gear Head

I replace my images (custom vs stock) for the panner, fader, fader's level background and tick mark lines. Nothing happens? Anyone got a clue? Also, via Colorizer, everything except from the volume level colors can be customized...
Old 29th June 2020
Hi Central,

This is due to Apple's new mixer implementation in versions above 10.4.4.
With LPXColorizer 1.5.2.2 you will have some mixer elements that are back like volume faders, levels, plugins inserts. compatible with all the logic version up to now.

Plus we are working on a new update to provide full compatibility with the new mixer.
This new version is still couple of weeks away though.

cheers.
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Head

Well that’s awesome to hear! Looking forward..!

I hope there’s a way to switch pan knobs again though, in the future. ? Unrelated to LPX, unless you’ve been working on that too.. Something I did manually in the framework etc etc. I had found me some cool ass pan knobs... ?
Anyway...

Best regards and a nice day to all of you!
Old 30th June 2020
Hi,

No actually Colorizer will just allow to change it's color.
The new mixer has been built to improve performances, it does not rely on image ressources anymore, so moding the mixer is kinda dead in my opinion.

regards,
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Head

I see..!

Where can those files be though? They are listed in the framework as images but when they get replaced with custom ones, they still exist somewhere and take priority, still... Really strange to me.

If anyone sees this and knows something, please inform me
Old 30th June 2020
Apple left them here in case but Logic Pro is not using these images niether all the plsit resources for the mixer.
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Head

I see😞 Thanks for taking the time!

I look forward to the next Colorizer update!
Old 30th June 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Well I was hoping to do it without spending more, just me tweaking something under the hood. I'm not totally against spending money on the app, but as I understand it, LPXColorizer isn't working with 10.5. So $40 that doesn't work with 10.5 doesn't help me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the website.
First thing, I can highly reccomend Colorizer.

Here is something I did a few years ago, for free, to edit the color palette, its no where near as flexible or easy or configurable as Colorizer, but it's something... check it here:

https://gitlab.com/dewdman42/logicthemetools

But again, I highly recommend Colorizer for this task. I hear you though, $40 is a lot just for that. I use Colorizer myself now. But I also only use basically the palette feature of Colorizer and also I darken my piano roll slightly and that's it.
Old 1st July 2020
Is GUI customization still a thing in Logic?

I had my Logic 9 highly customized in the past, but since Logic Pro X and the rather fast update cycle since then, which often broke previous mods. Besides that, I realized that I spent too much time on that instead of making music.

However, I still wish I could change the yellow color of the Pattern Loops icons so they are not the same yellow color as the Drummer Loops icon.
Old 5th July 2020
I'm grateful that you appreciate the app and find value in it Dewdman
Old 5th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarRothermich View Post
Is GUI customization still a thing in Logic?

I had my Logic 9 highly customized in the past but since Logic Pro X and the rather fast update cycle since then, which often broke previous mods. Besides that, I realized that I spent too much time on that instead of making music.
That's exactly why we built LPXColorizer for.
In two clicks you can swap between themes (it's can't very slightly more or less contrasted themes to accommodate the light in your room to avoid tiring your eyes, or a completely different style.)

Two things I like to emphasize also about Colorizer is that themes only take 60kb of space! whereas Skins we used to do before were usually as heavy as the complete resources folder, so about 300mb. This allows you to store locally an infinite amount of themes.

The second thing I like to bring to the attention of users who don't want to spend to much time is the ability to batch colorize themes as demonstrated in the video. With this, you can make a totally different theme in 2min.

I would recommend you wait for the LPXColorizer V.2 release if you run Logic Pro 10.5 (it should be available within the next 2 weeks).
Old 7th July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central View Post
I see..!

Where can those files be though? They are listed in the framework as images but when they get replaced with custom ones, they still exist somewhere and take priority, still... Really strange to me.

If anyone sees this and knows something, please inform me
Well.. it is possible to recreate the mod's in Logic Pro 10.4.8 (see attachment).
After the basic modifications using LPXColorizer, I copied all my images as before and did a very precise job to adjust the plist. Et voilà!
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.-screen-shot-2020-07-07-08.47.40.jpg  
Old 8th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attracks pilot View Post
Well.. it is possible to recreate the mod's in Logic Pro 10.4.8 (see attachment).
After the basic modifications using LPXColorizer, I copied all my images as before and did a very precise job to adjust the plist. Et voilà!
Yes in Logic 10.4.8 using Colorizer 1.5.2.2 but in Logic 10.5 this will break, unfortunately.

Im experimenting with my code with the Colorizer V.2 and might be onto something to even support custom images.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by anjikyuzan; 8th July 2020 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12th July 2020
Lives for gear

hi

how to change the Transport background on 10.5
Old 26th July 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjikyuzan View Post
That's exactly why we built LPXColorizer for.
In two clicks you can swap between themes (it's can't very slightly more or less contrasted themes to accommodate the light in your room to avoid tiring your eyes, or a completely different style.)

Two things I like to emphasize also about Colorizer is that themes only take 60kb of space! whereas Skins we used to do before were usually as heavy as the complete resources folder, so about 300mb. This allows you to store locally an infinite amount of themes.

The second thing I like to bring to the attention of users who don't want to spend to much time is the ability to batch colorize themes as demonstrated in the video. With this, you can make a totally different theme in 2min.

I would recommend you wait for the LPXColorizer V.2 release if you run Logic Pro 10.5 (it should be available within the next 2 weeks).
That sounds great! Any news on when we can expect this update? Eagerly waiting to finally get control of the colors of the mixer again :D
Old 29th July 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David West View Post
That sounds great! Any news on when we can expect this update? Eagerly waiting to finally get control of the colors of the mixer again :D
It seems the Colorizer V 2.0 is live now on Creationauts website!!
Old 31st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojiro View Post
It seems the Colorizer V 2.0 is live now on Creationauts website!!
Yep,

It works! mixer colors can be changed again in 10.5.1, crazy how they've managed this, you have to load an au plugin on your master bus for it to work, i'll let anjikyuzan explain this though.
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.-screen-shot-2020-07-30-9.53.54-pm.jpg  
Old 31st July 2020
Tui
Gear Guru

Great to hear there is still development going on. I am looking forward to trying it out.
Old 20th August 2020
Tui
Gear Guru

Hi, a couple of questions to those using Colorizer, is there a CPU hit? How stable is it?

Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Hi, a couple of questions to those using Colorizer, is there a CPU hit? How stable is it?

Thanks!

Colorizer seems stable enough, i notice no CPU hit, i don't recall a cpu hit with any themes either though, is there?

Now, I'm a little peeved, and i'm sure a few other people have to be also,

This thread started when Logic X was released to the world, back in 2013, it's 127 pages and 3799 comments deep, and many, many, many people have contributed to the customization of the GUI using these resources.

Everyone has shared secrets, tips, hints, tutorials, video's, graphics, know how's etc. etc. for everyone else's enjoyment in making Logic X 'Their own' visual experience, it's been fun, it's been trying, it's caused headaches but also relief.

Apple for some unknown selfish reason decided to cut that fun, No you won't make the mixer darker or lighter! No you won't make 3d panner's, this is Apple's Logic, not yours, you have no choices here, if you want choices then choose 'every' other DAW but this one, they are completely customizable, this one however .... might break, or whatever

Creationauts,
You have figured something out, that's great! but you also came here early on and asked many questions, and we all answered, no one told you to go away nor ignored you, you then made colorizer, and you've now figured out how to color the mixer, something we've yet to discover.

Creationauts,
Please ....share this information with us, it's the right thing to do.

Many talented individuals would like to continue modding Logic's color scheme along with available detailed and custom GUI elements.

Thanks!

Last edited by Chris Brown; 30th August 2020 at 08:20 PM..
Old 25th August 2020
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
Colorizer seems stable enough, i notice no CPU hit, i don't recall a cpu hit with any themes either though, is there?
Thanks, I'll be checking it out.
Old 30th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
Yep,

It works! mixer colors can be changed again in 10.5.1, crazy how they've managed this, you have to load an au plugin on your master bus for it to work, i'll let anjikyuzan explain this though.
the mixer color is connected with a colorfield from the master bus ???

ok

now give a look on it how it works.

he use a selfmade AU Plug in that root something.
Old 30th August 2020
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
the mixer color is connected with a colorfield from the master bus ???
The AU-plugin can be on any output channel, including the master bus.
Old 12th September 2020
Hi @ Chris ,

Sorry but I am busy with Voice Commander Daw, and the window tu push the LPXColorizer was so narrow that I went back to work and did not check
this forum.

The mixer window uses custom drawing, it is coded in Logic and does not rely on resources files.
The only way to give Logic other custom drawing values is to develop a plugin, that's why we did it.

let me know if you have other questions.

cheers
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjikyuzan View Post
Hi @ Chris ,

Sorry but I am busy with Voice Commander Daw, and the window tu push the LPXColorizer was so narrow that I went back to work and did not check
this forum.

The mixer window uses custom drawing, it is coded in Logic and does not rely on resources files.
The only way to give Logic other custom drawing values is to develop a plugin, that's why we did it.

let me know if you have other questions.

cheers
Well, thank you and great job!
I'm a happy camper now, with Colorizer and Matthew's Theme's combined logic is nice on the eyes again.
📝 Reply