The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.
Old 4 weeks ago
Looks like all previous Theme's will need updating to look correct in the latest 10.4.5 Update
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
Looks like all previous Theme's will need updating to look correct in the latest 10.4.5 Update
Yep.
I'm preparing to update ru2b12's Bright Green as well as my own theme... probably for the last time.
Cheers!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

It looks like I'm going crazy...
A couple of images, found in the famous plist, are not present in the famous Resources folder, like: glyph_dark_rg_blue_patternlibrary, glyph_dark_rg_blue_pingpong, glyph_dark_rg_blue_random, glyph_dark_rg_blue_forward, glyph_abc_decrease, glyph_abc_rotateleft and button_center_dark_rg.
But Logic Prox 10.4.5 doesn't freeze.
Please, help... or I'll get insane.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attracks pilot View Post
It looks like I'm going crazy...
A couple of images, found in the famous plist, are not present in the famous Resources folder, like: glyph_dark_rg_blue_patternlibrary, glyph_dark_rg_blue_pingpong, glyph_dark_rg_blue_random, glyph_dark_rg_blue_forward, glyph_abc_decrease, glyph_abc_rotateleft and button_center_dark_rg.
But Logic Prox 10.4.5 doesn't freeze.
Please, help... or I'll get insane.
I don't even bother messing with Theme's anymore, i leave all that to the pro's, my sanity is way more important!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
I don't even bother messing with Theme's anymore, i leave all that to the pro's, my sanity is way more important!
You are absolutely right, Chris. Our (mental) health is most important... followed by making music of course.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Can't get mixer Pan, Mute, Solo, Plugins and Sends to work.
I'm guessing because of the way the sped up the mixer gui.
Any ideas?

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

i can't get eq fill line gain reduction color etc to work either!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Even the mixer inserts don't change in non-retina.
I came across entries in the plist with ah new function added: supportsTinting. Maybe that's why.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attracks pilot View Post
Even the mixer inserts don't change in non-retina.
I came across entries in the plist with ah new function added: supportsTinting. Maybe that's why.
Sorry. That seems to be applicable for icons only.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ ALL

try.....delete all Fader.tiff from resourcefolder
open Logicx.........wath you see ?

goodbuy Theming Logicx.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
@ ALL

try.....delete all Fader.tiff from resourcefolder
open Logicx.........wath you see ?

goodbuy Theming Logicx.

I'm afraid you are right, fcasoria.
Did they store it in the code? Perhaps for performance reasons? I can't imagine. But still... this will be the end of theming LPX indeed.

Old 4 weeks ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Wow, that would be tragic.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Actually a lot of changes still work, just seems to be the mixer won't let you change with tiffs.
Old 4 weeks ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Modding partially is still possible..?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobeware View Post
Actually a lot of changes still work, just seems to be the mixer won't let you change with tiffs.
That seems to be the case... but where did they hide these images?
I'm puzzled.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
You would think if they were trying to cut down on load times, they'd embed all the images, not just some. I know under Windows, you can use resource DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) and pack all your images in there. The advantage being the file is loaded all at once and allocated memory according to a table rather than one image at a time. Is there anything similar available under macOS, or Logic? Sorry, I don't know UNIX/Linux well at all.

I haven't installed 10.4.5 yet, so i can't check.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonljacobi View Post
You would think if they were trying to cut down on load times, they'd embed all the images, not just some. I know under Windows, you can use resource DLLs (Dynamic Link Libraries) and pack all your images in there. The advantage being the file is loaded all at once and allocated memory according to a table rather than one image at a time. Is there anything similar available under macOS, or Logic? Sorry, I don't know UNIX/Linux well at all.

I haven't installed 10.4.5 yet, so i can't check.
Actually, they had/have a couple of .nib files (for instance for old PlugIns), which are perhaps like DLLs, but amazingly enough the new PlugIns are accessible.

As a matter of fact I use both 10.4.4 and 10.4.5... until...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Matthew just sent out a new 10.4.5 theme and didn't mention any issues. Maybe he found them. I'd be really sad for him if Apple locked out theming. I also feel for him having to redo all these themes with every version though he's no doubt become very facile with the process.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Matthew just sent out a new 10.4.5 theme and didn't mention any issues. Maybe he found them. I'd be really sad for him if Apple locked out theming. I also feel for him having to redo all these themes with every version though he's no doubt become very facile with the process.
i hope he will share with us wath he have done.
i don`t have much time,but i think i will found it later to,but....we are a little theming family and hope matthew post here wath he do.
@ anjikyuzan
??
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

the EXIF values are different. is this the way ?

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
That's great news!
So... it IS possible to mod 10.4.5.
Hopefully we will get a clue after a while.
In the meantime... still searching.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

FOUND IT!!!
There is a new framework called "MAGUI.framework". Inside you will find a "Resources" folder and inside that one a "Base.lproj" folder. This one contains the actual images for the mixer. Also within that "Resources" folder a file called "MAGUIAssetMapping.plist". Apparently this is a replacement (partly) for the famous plist we had - and still have - to mod.
It seems that they are gradually preparing for the upcoming upgrade.
Have fun!

Last edited by Attracks pilot; 4 weeks ago at 09:49 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Great work, Sherlock!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

great did you find the colours for the mixer channels?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatd View Post
great did you find the colours for the mixer channels?
Still working on it.
Seems to be defined (partly) within "MAGUIAssetMapping.plist".

EDIT: Found the level meter gradients, Gain reduction and EQ line in "MAGUIAssetMapping.plist" indeed, but still puzzled about the background colours.

Last edited by Attracks pilot; 4 weeks ago at 11:52 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

there are some png's and tif's inside the Base.(prj)folder that I exchanged from the old resources folder and they change!
has anyone found the button text colours yet?

Last edited by gatd; 4 weeks ago at 02:04 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ Attracks pilot

we are family
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

@ fcasoria : You are very welcome, my friend!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
i hope he will share with us wath he have done.
i don`t have much time,but i think i will found it later to,but....we are a little theming family and hope matthew post here wath he do.
@ anjikyuzan
??

Hi, fcasoria, and all theme designers!

I have been like you parsing the new update files for the past few days.
As it already been pointed out, some of the references and source images have been moved to the MAGUIresource framework, however, some UI elements (knobs, meter scale, channels background color, etc...) have been hardcoded in this new update. It means they are drawing images right from the binary file >>> MAGUI.framework/Versions/A/MAGUI.

I was actually working on a major update for the LPX Colorizer, with new drawing code, an affiliate program, and a theme shop website; but this puts the whole thing on pause.

If you want my two cents, the way they currently draw within the code (you can use hopper disassembler to extract classes and functions) tells me it is not optimal at the moment. They had to improve the mixer track number and performances and took a shortcut, but it's possible they bring back the logic of the sources images and entries in the plist in a next update.

Meanwhile, we must be heard and tell them we are not happy that the mixer colors cannot be customized within the app bundle anymore, and that we hope they will bring it back in the next update!!!

Let's do two things:

1. Drop them a message here.

AND/OR

2. Sign the petition with your Name and email. (preferably Apple ID).

With my Apple developer license, I can get support directly from Apple developers. Once we have a significant amount of signatures, I will forward it to them.

What do you people think?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjikyuzan View Post
Hi, fcasoria, and all theme designers!

I have been like you parsing the new update files for the past few days.
[...]
Once we have a significant amount of signatures, I will forward it to them.

What do you people think?
Unfortunately I had come to the same conclusion... gradually.
Indeed, I couldn't find the colors of the mixer and the image for the panner knob for instance.

There are a lot of (functional) issues. Maybe the developers were under pressure for WWDC. On the other hand, I discovered some fragments for a new structure, a lot of (new and unused) images and entries in plists. So, perhaps the next release will arrive soon.

EDIT: I signed the petition with my real name.
Cheers,
Gert J.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search