All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.
Old 4th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attracks pilot View Post
Jus has created a special website for LPX themes:
https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.com

If Jus is impressed about your theme, I'm sure you'll be invited to post it there.

Cheers
LOL i thought you & Jes were one in the same, literally.
Old 4th October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
LOL i thought you & Jes were one in the same, literally.
Definitely not!
Old 4th October 2015
Jus
Lives for gear

Yep, just give me a download link (zip ONLY those files you have changed) and some screenshots.
Old 6th October 2015
Lives for gear

Hi Jus, I posted the files / themes at: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11385079-post4.html
Old 6th October 2015
Old 6th October 2015
Jus
Lives for gear

double

Last edited by Jus; 26th October 2015 at 08:45 PM..
Old 23rd October 2015
I get a driver not found error when trying those free themes, i am doing something wrong?
Old 23rd October 2015
Jus
Lives for gear

If you are on LPX 10.2, are you trying out 10.2 tagged themes?

Never heard of such error.
Old 23rd October 2015
Jus
Lives for gear

double

Last edited by Jus; 26th October 2015 at 08:45 PM..
Old 23rd October 2015
My imac is non retina, maybe thats why?
Old 23rd October 2015
Lives for gear

i see thath some theme creators use a Maresource.plist from a pre version of Logic X. They copy only the new added strings in the old Maresource.plist.
This is the wrong way,because they cause crashes.
is verry important that we use the new MAResource.plist.
Old 23rd October 2015
Lives for gear

i see thath some theme creators use a Maresource.plist from a pre version of Logic X. They copy only the new added strings in the old Maresource.plist.
Old 24th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
I've used one of them, Dark Theme, in all of my projects; they involved complex routing (bus to bus, VCA, etc.), automation, and the like. Instrument, Audio, Drummer, and AUX sends are used in each, in addition to the track stacks and AUX busses.

I've never come close to crashing the system, so could you give an example of when the sytem could crash, or is it more theoretical?

The plist changes the graphics, and generally these are preferences files and involve the GUI.

Therefore, the plist changes generally involve RGB and such, so generally do not get into other areas associated with the plists, such as the XML, unless for individual spot changes. However, keep in mind these are plist files, not the coding of the app itself.

The original plist file has to be from Logic 10.2, and accordingly changes the graphics of the GUI. The starting file is the key. I've seen some that start with the 10.1.1 base file, and icon customization is not included, for instance, as it's not built into that version's plist.

However, there could be an issue with nonretina screens, particularly with the .tiff icons (not the RGB, e.g. the background colors.)

Hope this helps. One thing you might want to try is using your own custom icons, though if some were changed in the template itself, you'll have to manually past back the originals that were changed (for instance, if some of the base icons are HD, as they are in mine.)

If worse came to worse, I believe, you could theoretically just delete the plist file entirely, and the app should start over and rebuild; however, this is for OSX app in general, and I have not tried this tactic with Logic specifically.
Old 24th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
I've used one of them, Dark Theme, in all of my projects; they involved complex routing (bus to bus, VCA, etc.), automation, and the like. Instrument, Audio, Drummer, and AUX sends are used in each, in addition to the track stacks and AUX busses.

I've never come close to crashing the system, so could you give an example of when the sytem could crash, or is it more theoretical?

The plist changes the graphics, and generally these are preferences files and involve the GUI.

Therefore, the plist changes generally involve RGB and such, so generally do not get into other areas associated with the plists, such as the XML, unless for individual spot changes. However, keep in mind these are plist files, not the coding of the app itself.

The original plist file has to be from Logic 10.2, and accordingly changes the graphics of the GUI. The starting file is the key. I've seen some that start with the 10.1.1 base file, and icon customization is not included, for instance, as it's not built into that version's plist.

However, there could be an issue with nonretina screens, particularly with the .tiff icons (not the RGB, e.g. the background colors.)

Hope this helps. One thing you might want to try is using your own custom icons, though if some were changed in the template itself, you'll have to manually past back the originals that were changed (for instance, if some of the base icons are HD, as they are in mine.)

If worse came to worse, I believe, you could theoretically just delete the plist file entirely, and the app should start over and rebuild; however, this is for OSX app in general, and I have not tried this tactic with Logic specifically.
see the last post from Chris

All FCasoria Logic x Themes

now you see wath is going on.
and yes,he use a pre MAResource.plist from a older Logic X.
Old 24th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
see the last post from Chris

All FCasoria Logic x Themes

now you see wath is going on.
and yes,he use a pre MAResource.plist from a older Logic X.
Thanks, buddy, not certain I get it, but oh well, it is Friday Cheers to the weekend dude!
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

@ MusiKLover

here another problem by using diffmerge

Custom themes not working...
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

@ MusiKLover

here another problem by using diffmerge

Custom themes not working...
Old 26th October 2015
Jus
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurojazz View Post
Most of the themes are non Retina anyway. My Mac in non Retina, too.

What themes have you tried?
Old 31st October 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurojazz View Post
Did you try ru2b12's Bright Green theme? That is 100% retina-compatible.
Although... most of the Apple supplied PlugIns are still non-retina only.
Hopefully they will deliver retina-ready PlugIns in one of the next releases of LPX.
Old 5th November 2015
Gear Head

Help finding this in plist

Hello everyone -

Could someone help me locate the item I need to change the grey background of the controller area. It's the lower right hand corner of pic. I've searched the MAResourcesMapping plist to my wits end and can't find it.

Thanks -
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Logic X GUIs thread.-screen-shot-2015-11-04-7.59.49-pm.jpg  
Old 18th November 2015
Here for the gear

Hey guys, does anyone know how to change the colored track tabs at the very bottom of each channel?(the area where the name of the track is) I want to try and intensify their colors to match my theme but I can't find them at all!
Old 19th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnyc View Post
Hello everyone -

Could someone help me locate the item I need to change the grey background of the controller area. It's the lower right hand corner of pic. I've searched the MAResourcesMapping plist to my wits end and can't find it.

Thanks -
Hi Jeff,
I'm sorry to react late. I was very busy.
I'll try to figure it out, but it doesn't ring a bell so far.
Cheers
Old 19th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFrostSky View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know how to change the colored track tabs at the very bottom of each channel?(the area where the name of the track is) I want to try and intensify their colors to match my theme but I can't find them at all!
If I do understand you correctly, the coloured tabs at the bottom of each Channel Strip are set by the Track Color.
So, if you change the Track Color these tabs will change accordingly.
You can change these colors using the Color Palette [alt/C].
The colors in this palette can be changed in the MAResourcesMapping.plist; although you can only choose within a certain range of colors.
See also: https://logicxinterfaces.wordpress.c...-color-picker/.
Hope this helps; otherwise let me know.
Cheers
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear

Hey Attracks Pilot, yeah that's what I was talking about thank you! I wasn't clear if it was separate from the color palate or not. So I understand that the hue can be changed but can the intensity or saturation be changed as well? I wanted them to be brighter and more colorful. Thanks!
Old 20th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFrostSky View Post
Hey Attracks Pilot, yeah that's what I was talking about thank you! I wasn't clear if it was separate from the color palate or not. So I understand that the hue can be changed but can the intensity or saturation be changed as well? I wanted them to be brighter and more colorful. Thanks!
Hey GreyFrostSky,
Unfortunately, you can only change the hue... and make it darker... not brighter.
Cheers
Old 17th December 2015
Here for the gear

Hey guys Really interesting thread this one. One of the things that totally turned me off on Logic X was the "GUI for 80+ years" people...... THE SIZES of everything was suddenly almost 2-3 times bigger than Logic 9, like it was made for blind people, hehe

Anyway, got the font size in track header resized as a start and it now looks a lot better.

But I can't seem to find where to change the font size for everything in the midi environment. Have anyone found out how to change the font size for all the objects in midi environment?

Thanks
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffasplaffa View Post
Hey guys Really interesting thread this one. One of the things that totally turned me off on Logic X was the "GUI for 80+ years" people...... THE SIZES of everything was suddenly almost 2-3 times bigger than Logic 9, like it was made for blind people, hehe

Anyway, got the font size in track header resized as a start and it now looks a lot better.

But I can't seem to find where to change the font size for everything in the midi environment. Have anyone found out how to change the font size for all the objects in midi environment?

Thanks

all you can finde in " AtributedStringStyles
Old 19th December 2015
Lives for gear

Damn it. Can't remember where to alter the color of the mixer in the inspector.
Old 20th December 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim olesen View Post
Damn it. Can't remember where to alter the color of the mixer in the inspector.
Hi Kim,
You have two entries in the MAResourcesMapping.plist. One is called ‘ChannelStrip_BG_Gradient’. The other one ‘ChannelStrip_BG’. You can change the value of the latter one to alter the color of the mixer in the inspector.
Cheers!
Old 20th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attracks pilot View Post
Hi Kim,
You have two entries in the MAResourcesMapping.plist. One is called ‘ChannelStrip_BG_Gradient’. The other one ‘ChannelStrip_BG’. You can change the value of the latter one to alter the color of the mixer in the inspector.
Cheers!
Thanks Lee :-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search