The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quick Swipe Comping for MIDI in Logic X?
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quick Swipe Comping for MIDI in Logic X?

Just wanted to see if in Logic X you can do quick swipe comping for midi take folders? I've never understood what the point of midi take folders is when you can't quick swipe the info. May as well not have midi take folders! Frustrating.
Old 20th July 2013
Gear Guru

sounds like a good idea.
Old 20th July 2013
Gear Head

No, I just tried... it still selects the whole take.
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

That's another much needed missing feature then! Still having a hard time getting into where Apples' collective head is at with the number of important features such as this still missing. Logic isn't that Logical anymore it seems. That is unless they plan on rolling out lots of bug fixes and missing feature additions soon.
Old 21st July 2013
Gear Guru

if you make a good clear case for something, there's a good chance they will listen to the idea. I think this feature with a choice of auto start recording on any one of 16 beat divisions, along with well behaving capture takes, will get them a lot of happier users.
Old 21st July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldphinga View Post
Just wanted to see if in Logic X you can do quick swipe comping for midi take folders? I've never understood what the point of midi take folders is when you can't quick swipe the info. May as well not have midi take folders! Frustrating.
I don't think QSC is possible with midi tracks. Imagine the spot where "mute" a section for the other one had the sustain pedal off message, or you cut just before where you brought the mod wheel or pitch bend to 0. Close to impossible.

If the performance permits it, a workaround is to split with the marquee(or scisor) when the take folder is closed at the spots you saw had better performances on different takes. When you open the take folder, you can mute the various regions you don't want to keep.

KA
Old 8th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
if you make a good clear case for something, there's a good chance they will listen to the idea. I think this feature with a choice of auto start recording on any one of 16 beat divisions, along with well behaving capture takes, will get them a lot of happier users.
Still no equivalent midi quick swipe feature - about to be 2020.
Old 10th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquarewave View Post
Still no equivalent midi quick swipe feature - about to be 2020.
and...not gonna happen.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

Logic X has track alternatives that does this, like Pro Tools playlists! QSC will not work for midi events!

https://youtu.be/Af6NCJFzZaw

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search